Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MSI Click Bios  (Read 6234 times)
woolster

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 15:12:13 »

Don't forget if you plug in a USB for booting you have to tell the bios to look there before it looks for the internal hard drive, as if theres an error the hard drive will over ride it looking for other places to boot from.
I have put USB/Hard disc at the top of the boot options but I can't see any other option than that to point it at it
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 19:43:02 »

Had a look this afternoon.
Swopped Sata cables and ports, still nothing.
Even fitted the other drive internally and removed original.
Still nothing.

Normally in bios when you choose boot media its named, under this shit bios it's all generic.
Generic hard drive, generic CD etc

System shows original HD in bios  and showed the other one I added in too.
Has me stumped. Will drop a copy of windows 10 round tomorrow so he can have a go at repair.
woolster

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 19:48:49 »

Had a look this afternoon.
Swopped Sata cables and ports, still nothing.
Even fitted the other drive internally and removed original.
Still nothing.

Normally in bios when you choose boot media its named, under this shit bios it's all generic.
Generic hard drive, generic CD etc

System shows original HD in bios  and showed the other one I added in too.
Has me stumped. Will drop a copy of windows 10 round tomorrow so he can have a go at repair.
 Thank you

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 11, 2019, 08:31:19 »

Sorry had to go out which was why I couldn't reply.

If as Mr63 states there is no names harddisk with Windows then there is a good chance the hard drive has failed totally or the Sata ports have failed, did you swap from sata1 to 2 3 or 4 and try? in case a single connector has failed? if you did then that is sounding more like a Disk fail needing a brand new hard drive.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 11, 2019, 10:19:02 »

Sorry had to go out which was why I couldn't reply.

If as Mr63 states there is no names harddisk with Windows then there is a good chance the hard drive has failed totally or the Sata ports have failed, did you swap from sata1 to 2 3 or 4 and try? in case a single connector has failed? if you did then that is sounding more like a Disk fail needing a brand new hard drive.

Yeah I swopped ports. Did consider HD but wouldn't start off the other drive I put in either even tho both show in bios, just not in boot options.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: