Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v STFC Friday Official Match Fread  (Read 48352 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 19:53:01 »

Can’t open the highlights being in Barbados. Or is there a way around it?
Yes there is a way around it, catch the next flight home!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 20:35:30 »

Great day, great performance, and a great win.  Interestingly, I thought Anderson was poor most of the game and was lucky to score otherwise he would have been taken off.
A lot of Power out chants today, most I’ve heard, was he there?
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 20:38:18 by Quagmire » Logged
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 20:37:33 »

Great day, great performance, and a great win.  Interestingly, I thought Anderson was poor most of the game and was lucky to score otherwise he would have been taken off.
A lot of Power our chants today, most I’ve heard, was he there?

No he wasn't. 

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 20:43:52 »

Great day, great performance, and a great win.  Interestingly, I thought Anderson was poor most of the game and was lucky to score otherwise he would have been taken off.
A lot of Power out chants today, most I’ve heard, was he there?
Were they singing who they want to replace him, as that is never usually part of their constant rhetoric?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 21:09:31 »

Were they singing who they want to replace him, as that is never usually part of their constant rhetoric?

I think my favourite part was ‘stand up, if you want him out!’

And literally no one standing up who wasn’t already standing.

However, in all seriousness we were absolutely dominating the game when they started the Power Out chants. It has a visible impact on the players and MK got back into the game somewhat.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 21:16:24 »

Interestingly, I thought Anderson was poor most of the game and was lucky to score otherwise he would have been taken off.
things can come over differently on TV I guess, anyway Wellens agreed with you
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 21:53:43 »

Having been a dedicated “orange hat” protester in the past, I didn’t stand for that. Get rid of Power, end up with McCrory. No thanks.

Great win. Reviews cover it well. Rose was a real positive - I think he’ll be popular.

As for that ground - my my. Not my cup of tea, being out of town, etc - but it’s very impressive. But it’s similar to building a beautiful 8 bed mansion, with a moat and acres of land, to live in on your own. 7.5k my arse. 4K of those weren’t in the ground.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 23:09:26 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 21:59:27 »

My youngest's interest has been going off the boil lately, but back with a bang today. Sat with two of his cousins, which helped. Seeing his enthusiasm return has to be my highlight. He even made me wait by the team coach for 10 mins after the game to get a picture with one of the players. He didn't care who...and Jak McCourt came out first and happily obliged. Ardiles Jnr Mk II has a new favourite player now. Funny how their minds work.

I think that's the first time I've seen us beat the Franchise, and it was sweet. Horrible 'club'. We'll never forget. Having to play in that cavernous stadium has to serve as a weekly reminder of the club they were meant to be, but never became. Seeing Wimbledon now above them in the League - and having got there under their own steam, the right way - is the best indicator, surely, that the Franchise experiment has failed.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 22:03:56 »

A built not giving a shit about fans.  As seems increasingly obvious you don't need fans in the stadium to be a successful club.

I get the joy of spending a week at that place event managing the Take That gigs.  I guess thats what keeps places like that going.

Never knowingly overstated.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 22:48:10 »

My youngest's interest has been going off the boil lately, but back with a bang today. Sat with two of his cousins, which helped. Seeing his enthusiasm return has to be my highlight. He even made me wait by the team coach for 10 mins after the game to get a picture with one of the players. He didn't care who...and Jak McCourt came out first and happily obliged. Ardiles Jnr Mk II has a new favourite player now. Funny how their minds work.

I think that's the first time I've seen us beat the Franchise, and it was sweet. Horrible 'club'. We'll never forget. Having to play in that cavernous stadium has to serve as a weekly reminder of the club they were meant to be, but never became. Seeing Wimbledon now above them in the League - and having got there under their own steam, the right way - is the best indicator, surely, that the Franchise experiment has failed.

Hopefully you're right.

My fear is with that stadium they may get some mega rich owner, probably foreign, who doesn't know or care about how the Franchise came to be and pumps millions in.

Can only hope when Winklecock decides he's had enough it falls into the 'wrong' hands and the club is driven into oblivion.

The only club I wish that upon - Oxford included.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 23:03:10 »

Hopefully you're right.

My fear is with that stadium they may get some mega rich owner, probably foreign, who doesn't know or care about how the Franchise came to be and pumps millions in.

Can only hope when Winklecock decides he's had enough it falls into the 'wrong' hands and the club is driven into oblivion.

The only club I wish that upon - Oxford included.

They'll be MK diamonds in a few years i'm sure.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 23:13:52 »

They'll be MK diamonds in a few years i'm sure.

I hope so. They accept now that their 'history' begins in 2004, but it still grates that they call themselves the Dons - basically because there's a London suburb over an hour away that ends in 'don'. Logically, it actually makes more sense for us to adopt the Dons as a name/nickname than them. MK United or the MK Cows or something would be more fitting. Keeping the 'Dons' bit of the name is disrespectful. The Dons play in League 1 now.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 23:16:36 by Ardiles » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, February 9, 2019, 23:52:05 »

Offside for the last one...easy..

Clems Army!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 00:25:54 »

Yes there is a way around it, catch the next flight home!

On my way....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 01:51:12 »

I hope so. They accept now that their 'history' begins in 2004, but it still grates that they call themselves the Dons - basically because there's a London suburb over an hour away that ends in 'don'. Logically, it actually makes more sense for us to adopt the Dons as a name/nickname than them. MK United or the MK Cows or something would be more fitting. Keeping the 'Dons' bit of the name is disrespectful. The Dons play in League 1 now.

It's a bit strange that Dean Lewington is probably the one player still around in lower league football who represents old skool values of loyalty.... 603 league games for Franchise, yet he started as a Wimbledon player.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: