Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v STFC Friday Official Match Fread  (Read 48276 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 05:11:49 »

So why do we always take plenty to MK?

It’s not that close, not that easy a drive and we don’t historically do that well there.

There must be some morbid fascination with the place.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 08:15:27 »

I went a few years back because i wanted to watch the original Wimbledon in their new stadium
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 09:42:18 »

Ooh, you're such a contrarian!
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 09:42:34 »

Must be the concrete cows

I come from a land down-under
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 10:47:37 »

Biggest away support in the bottom tier https://www.instagram.com/p/Btq9N3iHT0N/ and bigger than most in League One - https://www.instagram.com/p/Btq7puZnuUL/

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 10:55:26 »

Can’t open the highlights being in Barbados. Or is there a way around it?

Are you in Barbados?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #261 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 10:58:05 »

Were they singing who they want to replace him, as that is never usually part of their constant rhetoric?

Having been a dedicated “orange hat” protester in the past, I didn’t stand for that. Get rid of Power, end up with McCrory. No thanks.

Absolutely agree, on both counts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:03:42 »

Well deserved victory.
The difficult bit is now following up an away win with one at home.
Something that we've managed only 3 times in last three seasons.

There must have been a lot of their ST holders who didn't bother yesterday as the home areas looked really sparse.

Great support, but not sure about the Power Out chanting.
Newcastle fans have been singing about their owner for years and he's still there.
Maybe the onset of the first growth of bum fluff for some of ours will lead to a more reasoned approach and a better way of expending all of that energy.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #263 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:15:03 »

Biggest away support in the bottom tier https://www.instagram.com/p/Btq9N3iHT0N/ and bigger than most in League One - https://www.instagram.com/p/Btq7puZnuUL/
If you look at following ranked in order of shortest distance travelled then we still do quite well as its not a great trip accross country, not like Posh at Donny, and almost double that Wycombe took to Luton for a trip half the distance.

A couple of really good turn outs for Barnsley at Jills and especially for Grimsby at Yeovil both well over 200 mile trips.

751 Wycombe 36 miles
1463 Southend 40 miles
1086 Bury 56 miles
1258 Swindon 66 miles
1760 Peterborough 88 miles
  534 Notts County 114 miles
  898 Coventry 121 miles
1180 Portsmouth 170 miles
  786 Barnsley 215 miles
1808 Sunderland 252 miles
  550 Grimsby 282 miles

Brilliant turn out by Town for a team seemingly without much hope of making the play offs if many fans are to be believed.

Flashheart

« Reply #264 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:23:32 »

Not too shabby.

I think I'm out on the piss next week as well if the wife's 400 quid tax rebate comes through.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:24:19 »

Not too shabby.

I think I'm out on the piss next week as well if the wife's 400 quid tax rebate comes through.

Should ensure a decent session.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:28:36 »

Brilliant turn out by Town for a team seemingly without much hope of making the play offs if many fans are to be believed.
For as long as I've been going to away games (30+ years) I've always thought our away support is absolutely brilliant.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #267 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:45:21 »

For as long as I've been going to away games (30+ years) I've always thought our away support is absolutely brilliant.
I agree mate, even when we are utterly shit we have a good away following.

My first away game was in 1980 away at Reading in a crowd of 6,600 we had about 2,000 there.

I went to the Bury away game for the last game of the season in 1984 under Beamish, we were playing shit football with no likelihood we would win (we lost 2-1 and had a player sent off) yet that day there was a crowd of 1,214 of which Swindon fans made up about a quarter of that with over 250 there.

We have some amazing fans who deserve much better than they have been served up lately, hopefully that tide is changing under Wellens at last...I hope!
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:47:05 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #268 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 11:47:23 »

As always here are a few quotes from our opponents from yesyedays forum.

MK fans unhappy with the ref even though he gave them a goal that was blatantly offside, many saying th penalty was way outside of the area...it wasn't.

Some saying Agard was held at every corner, the exact opposite was true with Aneke holding our defenders and kicking them at every opportunity.

Moaning about Vigs winding them up and timewasting, the one makor incident they moan about the ball boy actually threw the ball 20 yards wide of him which the ref missed and yet Vigs was booked, totally wrongly.

They are an irate bunch of moaners Cheesy with only a couple genuinely appreciating that we were much the better side.
(the ref) He was an utter wankstain
I hope he feels bad about his performance today.

What can you say? league two refs are shockingly shit, this one currently holds the shit stick, how could he miss Agard trying to be undressed by their defenders at every corner?

Their goalkeeper pushed time wasting to the limit throughout the game, and with this going unpunished continued. Given that the ref didn't book him he happily carried on - safe in the knowledge that until he was booked he could do what he wished.
Then the crowd got upset and, not unreasonably, gave the keeper stick - I know I did and so did my neighbours within the FC. Being a bit of a peacock, he reacted, and the Cowshed reacted too - with an intruder making it out of the stand to the edge of the pitch to give him what for.
Had the ref been stronger and booked him early on none of this - perhaps - would have happened. Absolutely the keeper shouldn't have to deal with pitch invaders, but neither he nor the ref can be completely surprised at the reaction their combined behaviour provoked

Yet another load of complete shite

Tisdale is basically league two

Deficient in just about every respect

Outplayed outclassed outfought out of playoffs

I'm not sure what their keeper did after their penalty (probably celebrating to our fans) but it was laughable that some of our fans were so irate. Obviously he was time wasting and we were booing him so he took the chance to wind us up.
It's all just a pantomime

I didn't like the 'calm down you lot' hand signs at all, but in the last analysis isn't that what a keeper will/should do?
It's not as if his manager is gonna give him a bollocking for going to ground/replacing the ball's position etc the whole time is it?
A team needs to win and these days every little helps (not trying to be trite here).
F- 'em they ain't going up either Cheesy

At the moment you have a situation where the Ref wait until 75+ minutes have gone before booking them, by which time the 'keeper knows he isn't going to get a 2nd yellow so carries on regardless. What I will also add is it didn't change that Swindon were worthy winners yesterday.

he(Nicholls) was rooted to the ground and watched a slow motion daisy cutter slip into his net, he was piss poor today

he was rooted to the ground and watched a slow motion daisy cutter slip into his net, he was piss poor today

I know it was horribly slow but it was unsighted. No keeper is going to watch it roll in out of choice.

It was slow because Doughty was composed and knew exactly what he intended to do to beat the keeper, like his penalty
Chuks might do well to take some learnings rather than just fuckin Welly the ball in the general direction of the goal .

A swindon fan said to me on our walk to Fenny station that he thought the 'keeper should have got to their 2nd. I completely disagreed with him because from where I was I thought it had gone in to the top corner at pace, having seen it again today on Ifollow, he was correct.

Harsh to blame him for the first, but the second (although it swerved) should have been saved.
I loved the penalty.

One such thing came to light and made me stop and think yesterday, the comment was, “We are an average team that just got lucky mid-season, and that lucks ran out”. I can’t speak for everyone but that seems not too far from the truth to me

Watching yesterday there were a few things that really struck me, Swindon obviously taking a leaf out of a few other clubs’ books were in our faces all game, they never once in the first half let us play it out from the back, although that did alter in the second half when the game became a bit more stretched. They closed us down so quickly we were not allowed to build any sort of tempo, unlike our players that seemed more than content to let Swindon have as much time as they liked on the ball, and when they got to our area we had nine players in the box and Swindon players roamed around outside unhindered like lions selecting a wildebeest for their supper from the herd. It was truly awful and surely to God Tis and Mel can see this can’t they, to me it looks so screamingly obvious, but no we just carry on heaping pressure on ourselves with no outlet up field because it’s our defensive strategy and we pull everyone back.

the ref, ok he was very poor allowing Aneke and Agard to be pulled about all game and then booking Aneke when he reacted, and yes we had a shout or two for fouls in the box, but that’s not the reason we are sinking like a stone, to apportion any blame in that direction would just be papering over the ever increasing cracks in our game.

I shouldn’t really sign off without congratulating Swindon Town, they did their homework on us and in turn did a job on us and fully deserved to win. They got under our skin and none more so than their keeper, and you cannot blame him for wasting time, the ref should have picked him up much earlier than the 91st minute, and wouldn’t we have done the same if we had been in front and cheered it accordingly.
If they have to rely on Moore to win them promotion then they are really in trouble, I thought he is up there in the worst 3 or 4 keepers I have ever seen in a Swindon shirt....good luck with that!
Lee Nicholls not as good as some of us thought, or just going through a dodgy spell.......Stuart Moore anyone ?

And finally looks like Vigs made them upset their bottles of milk, well done Vigs!

Absolutely knob, hope we come up against him again, he'll get plenty!!

He's created bad karma for his next existence.....
Nasty man precious...we hates him forever.

According to some folk on the Facebook page his actions put children at risk, with some vowing never to return as they felt unsafe at the supposed family club.

What exactly did the 'keeper do? Obviously I saw him constantly going to ground to smother the ball, taking his kicks from the opposite side to where the ball went out of play and generally wasting time, but the response by the 14 yr olds at the front of the cowshed gave me a laugh. I thought maybe he had photos of their Mums in compromising positions with a variety of livestock or something.

Shouldn’t have given him the reaction he was looking for. Was clearly enjoying riling up the Cowshed and was doing at excellent job at it.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, February 10, 2019, 12:59:25 »

As always here are a few quotes from our opponents from yesyedays forum.

MK fans unhappy with the ref even though he gave them a goal that was blatantly offside, many saying th penalty was way outside of the area...it wasn't.

Some saying Agard was held at every corner, the exact opposite was true with Aneke holding our defenders and kicking them at every opportunity.

Moaning about Vigs winding them up and timewasting, the one makor incident they moan about the ball boy actually threw the ball 20 yards wide of him which the ref missed and yet Vigs was booked, totally wrongly.

They are an irate bunch of moaners Cheesy with only a couple genuinely appreciating that we were much the better side.If they have to rely on Moore to win them promotion then they are really in trouble, I thought he is up there in the worst 3 or 4 keepers I have ever seen in a Swindon shirt....good luck with that!
And finally looks like Vigs made them upset their bottles of milk, well done Vigs!

I remember a keeper on an evening game at MK giving us the finger....caused a stir with the stewards. Apologised on twitter or something as I remember.

Frustrated comments...much like ours after a defeat.

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: