Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Burrito truck in Swindon - online petition  (Read 4386 times)
Pete

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 08:32:55 »

If you have a minute, have a read of this

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17407083.burrito-food-truck-owner-has-tried-over-10-times-to-get-a-spot-in-swindon/

And if you want to sign the petition

https://www.change.org/p/robert-buckland-swindon-mp-i-run-a-mexican-food-trailer-but-the-swindon-council-refuse-the-trailer-to-go-anywhere

It's different and got to be better than yet another McDonalds

Cheers
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 09:57:50 by Pete » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 08:37:54 »

Saw that yesterday and signed it.
Like a bit of Mexican food  Eat
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 09:54:21 »

Done. Might be an idea to change the thread title maybe? Give people a better idea of what the petition's for?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 10:21:45 »

Done, as a more frequent visitor to Swindon since the Granddaughter was born last year its a refreshing change of cuisine for the town. Love a bit of Mexican food.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 10:23:22 »

I'd be interested to know where he applied for a pitch. Were the locations suitable?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 10:26:03 »

I love a bit of Mexican food, but to me the story just doesn't add up and is all a bit APILN....

He has apparently made all these applications (although he doesn't actually say what sort of applications they are or in fact why/if they have been refused) but then admits he actually hasn't actually made formal applications as he doesn't want to pay the fees (oh I used to love people doing that when I worked in local government), so that's actually frankly bollocks. Likewise the fact that he has lived in Swindon all his life is just more hot air!

Looks like a clever bit of PR/attention seeking sadly.

Pete

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 10:54:39 »

I agree with what you're saying there horlock, getting 50% of the story is poor, not a well researched article. No comment from SBC, although they may never comment on individual cases, and no evidence produced by the guy involved.

However I was prepared to sign it, we might find out more and maybe even get a Burrito truck which would be great. We've got enough kebab vans.

A guy started a bricks and mortar Burrito place in oxford and has since opened in Reading, Bath, Bristol and Cardiff. But gave Swindon a miss. I asked him why but got no reply.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 11:07:40 »

I agree with what you're saying there horlock, getting 50% of the story is poor, not a well researched article. No comment from SBC, although they may never comment on individual cases, and no evidence produced by the guy involved.

However I was prepared to sign it, we might find out more and maybe even get a Burrito truck which would be great. We've got enough kebab vans.

A guy started a bricks and mortar Burrito place in oxford and has since opened in Reading, Bath, Bristol and Cardiff. But gave Swindon a miss. I asked him why but got no reply.
There used to be a really good Burrito place in Theatre Sq but it was closed down due to poor hygiene IIRC. Tasted great though!
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 11:12:48 »

There used to be a really good Burrito place in Theatre Sq but it was closed down due to poor hygiene IIRC. Tasted great though!

Best Burritoz! The hole in the wall place. I remember it well even though I was always drunk when I went there
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 11:18:45 »

Best Burritoz! The hole in the wall place. I remember it well even though I was always drunk when I went there
Yep, that's the one. They were great.
I remember it well even though I was always drunk when I went there
You weren't the guy responsible for hygiene there were you? That might explain a few things Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 11:21:23 »

Used to love a dirty Best Buttrioz after a night in Po Na Na's

Didn't they also open a shop next to Brunel Rooms, or whatever its called these days.
Panda Paws

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 11:49:05 »

Used to love a dirty Best Buttrioz after a night in Po Na Na's

Didn't they also open a shop next to Brunel Rooms, or whatever its called these days.

Yeah I remember the one next to Brunel. Closed down as well. I remember it giving the worst bout of food poisoning I've ever had.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 11:56:40 »

A
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 13:08:03 »

I love a bit of Mexican food, but to me the story just doesn't add up and is all a bit APILN....

He has apparently made all these applications (although he doesn't actually say what sort of applications they are or in fact why/if they have been refused) but then admits he actually hasn't actually made formal applications as he doesn't want to pay the fees (oh I used to love people doing that when I worked in local government), so that's actually frankly bollocks. Likewise the fact that he has lived in Swindon all his life is just more hot air!

Looks like a clever bit of PR/attention seeking sadly.

SBC did decide to remove all temporary food stalls in the Town Centre, under the guise of improving the look - that clearly hasn't worked so well based on my visit in the summer.  I think they were looking at that but probably only event related.  So, it is likely this is not in a prime location.  Having been over here for a while, it's interesting to see the food truck approach - not seen like the dodgy kebab van on the side of a busy road, but more setting up stall around busy business districts and getting the white collar dollar.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 13:23:24 »

SBC did decide to remove all temporary food stalls in the Town Centre, under the guise of improving the look - that clearly hasn't worked so well based on my visit in the summer.  I think they were looking at that but probably only event related.  So, it is likely this is not in a prime location.  Having been over here for a while, it's interesting to see the food truck approach - not seen like the dodgy kebab van on the side of a busy road, but more setting up stall around busy business districts and getting the white collar dollar.

Ah the 'pop up' much loved by LA's in the UK....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: