Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 57390 times)
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:05:34 »

Yeah that was the only comment that I thought...you jumped up twats.

It did as you say basically keep our season alive.

Also our first complete home performance in forever..felt a bit more like the good old days. A long time coming.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:27:57 »

I was pretty impressed with FGR last night. I thought that they passed the ball and kept possession well. It didn't help them that their keeper wasn't the best with the ball at his feet, you would think if you want to adopt a 'total football' attitude it is imperative that you have a keeper who is good with his feet (Wes for example was excellent for us, as is Vigs). I thought Brown and Williams were their brightest players and I was relieved when Williams was subbed. However for all their possession they didn't actually create a chance of note in the first half and our patience was rewarded with a great finish from Woollery from a Robinson assist and then good work by Anderson and a lovely finish by Robinson.

Second half we soaked up pressure quite easily. FGR had a goal disallowed for offside and created a couple of chances that we defended brilliantly. Couldn't fault any of the defence, Koiki, Knoyle, Broadbent and Conroy as a unit played well. Broadbent has the ability to play out from the back which is a bonus. The front 3 of Robinson, Woolery and Anderson all worked hard - Robinson more noticeably from watching on Ifollow and was shattered when taken off.

I felt that the midfield was the weakest link. McCourt continually gave the ball away which never helps! Doughty was ok and Carroll seemed to be way more comfortable in central midfield that right back (he does point a lot!!)

As others have said, its a shame we have a break now before 3 tough games against Colchester, Grimsby and Carlisle that will go a long way to telling us if we are going to feature in the play-off lottery come the end of the season.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:34:53 »

Forest Green were exactly the same as us under Cooper, particularly during his latter stages. Great on the ball, little substance up front and shakey at the back. Wellens got his tactics spot on. Did help that everyone put a shift in, though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 11:39:40 »

Pretty much agree with all of that Bob.

Theo looks a very good signing at this level despite many Town fans having big reservations about him.

From that team if we replace McCourt with either Toums or Rose then midfield will be much stronger, too foten McCourt has not played that well, much as Dunne, sometimes they both look ok other times they look awful.

Rose on Saturday looked exactly what we have missed and such a shame he couldn't play last night.

Koiki was a big bonus, he started awfully with the first pass going well astray but then settled in and his defending was way better and his attacking is as good as any winger I have seen in years, his close control and speed and crossing ability is probably the best at the club, Knoyle too looks solid as always.

Broadbent and Conroy seem to have a bit of an understanding already, Conroy will always make 1 fuck up...as Woolf does...but hes getting better at blocking and tackling its just his heading needs work now.

Doughty when his head hasnt dropped is always running round and chasing the ball and is a good outlet and I think will get better, he is still very classy.

Carroll is always niggly in his challenge, he runs and distibutes well and can tackle but he needs to stop leaving the foot in and pushing players, then he will be a good player at this level, I think Toums is better in the DMC position but Carroll is a very good replacement.

Oh and what the hell does House have to do in order to get game time, Richards is past it and I thought House would have offered us more physically than Richards ever could for the last 10 mins.

Its begginning to look a lot brighter at Town and it is a shame we don't have a game this weekend, thanks Newport! or that run could have continued....although Robinson is probably glad of the rest!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 12:10:34 »

I’m beginning to think I’ve got a squeak of my pre season bet coming off.

£20 on Middlesbrough, Luton and Swindon to finish top 4.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 14:56:22 »

You'll be in Greece, do you want me to look after it?  Smiley
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 15:04:46 »

Just about tied up our house sale yesterday - thought it may fall through,so been panicking for a week.

Sent the deposit on our new place today. All seems to be falling into place.

Just need that flag from St Lucia!

* C0BDE1FD-547D-44A7-BD99-9B673AAE6ECB.png (434.11 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 381 times.)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 15:12:57 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 15:35:33 »

you mean a bubble?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 17:35:45 »

That was more like it.  Win the next 4 in a row and we'll be back in the hunt.  Shame about Saturday as when you get a bit of form you really want to be playing. 

The table will have a different look Sat evening.... several key fixtures, Exeter v Bury, effectively a game in hand for them, not easy, we could do with a Bury win. FGR at home to Yeovil, Glovers currently sinking like a stone, could they be catching FGR on a bit of a slump? Hope so.

Had we lost last night we'd have dropped to 14th, as there are Oldham and Crewe just below us who've been doing well of late.... Oldham like Tranny have Sat as a game in hand on us....Oldham are home to Crewe, a scoring draw would see both go above us.  Tranny are at Cambridge who've picked up a bit under Colin, can te Fridge do us a favour?  Of the 2 on 52, ColU are at Macc, so would fancy getting something, and Carlisle entertain Franchise.

It's tight.... Franchise went from out of te PO's to 4th last night, had Newport won they'd have joined us on 46 but with a game in hand.
As a man who loves a stat or two, I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned that FGR have the leagues best away record and last night was the first time this season they’ve lost by more than a single goal...

Oh well, at least that FL status looks likely to be retained for another year  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 17:42:15 »

As a man who loves a stat or two, I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned that FGR have the leagues best away record and last night was the first time this season they’ve lost by more than a single goal...

Oh well, at least that FL status looks likely to be retained for another year  Cheesy

I did mention about FGR having the best away record, but wasn't aware last night was the first time they'd lost by more than a goal. Interesting.  Perhaps we'll be to FGR what Cheltnumb are to us.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 18:15:50 »

I did mention about FGR having the best away record, but wasn't aware last night was the first time they'd lost by more than a goal. Interesting.  Perhaps we'll be to FGR what Cheltnumb are to us.

The mystery of the Cotswold Triangle.
Combe Up

« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2019, 22:02:19 »

"We're forever bursting bubbles".
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Thursday, February 14, 2019, 12:29:43 »

"We're forever bursting bubbles".
Cheesy Like that!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25]   Go Up