Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 57758 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 21:58:52 »

Traders are losing too.  A good evening so far.
Twat.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:05:21 »

Twat.

Sorry. Fully deserved.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:09:38 »

Expertly managed game. Pressed when opportunities arose, tidied up at the back when necessary. A couple of cracking goals to boot too.

Happy with that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:12:24 »

Was interesting hearing Wellens' thoughts on the game.  The entire approach was on purpose tonight - good to see some thought about how to get the points and the way we played tonight vs. Franchise.  Even better is the fact the players were willing to do that tonight - it must be against a lot of instincts not to go chasing players all the time ot try and impose yourself on the game.  For them to accept they would press for four or five passes and then run back into position is testament to bunch that seem to be listening and see a method from the Manager.  It may not work out, but under Brown is looked much more like a bunch trying to remember what to do at times.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:14:37 »

Bennett looked like he had never played football before in his ‘cameo’

I’m sure he’ll have a part to play over 15, and hopefully 18 more games this season. If anything, his arrival may have given Anderson and Woolery a bit of pressure, which seems to have paid off.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:15:44 »

Twine to waterford
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:19:49 »

As games go, one for the purists. A disciplined game of chess. We defended well when we needed to and scored two great goals of differing types.

In terms of result, get the fuck in.

that is all
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:21:24 »

More like a League 1 game. Both teams tried to play the 'right' way. FGR a decent side but they won't go up. Would have their number 10 in a heartbeat. Clever player.

Can't express enough what a difference Theo made. Very intelligent performance and worked as Richards would in 5 games. Suddenly we have focal point and someone to unsettle defences. The type of effort to draw supporters into the game and the rest of the team followed with a very committed display.

Few silly decisions but overall encouraged. Thought both full backs had tremendous games. Conroy and Broadbent did well to shackle Doidge. Didn't get a kick.

Carroll was poor first half but stepped it up second and made some good challenges. McCourt and Doughty had decent games.

Woolery always a threat, Keshi worked had but very frustrating. One one occasion the ball dropped perfectly for the volley and he tried to bring it down, lost the ball and they nearly scored. Needs more confidence to shoot in that sort of area.

Overall, we're going to fucking Wembley  Pint
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:24:55 »

lovely job! cracking result. Dab radio has notched again 4/4.

massive win and we just have to keep going now. of all the comments on fgr forum this is the one I loved the most and one that I haven't seen from any home games this season.

Rovers until the second goal went in. Swindon were an ordinary side but at least they knew how to finish when presented with opportunity. 

Town at home knowing how to finish. get it boys  Beers
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:26:14 »

That Theo Robinson is a bit shit for L2  Pint

Two easy wins on the trot. 5/5 great goals scored. A win AT HOME with a clean sheet to boot. Can't ask for much more than that, at this level. Seems the players that have come in have blended well with our better players here and quite rapidly.

Lovely tribute to managerial legend at Town; Danny Williams. Especially the 69th minute applause "There's only one Dany Williams, one Danny Williams..."

Bring on those play-offs, ya fuckers. Oldham hitting form too!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:26:50 »

Quote from: tans
Twine to waterford

"... didn't need much persuading, but his dad's a nightmare" -Wellens.

Think this is a good move to be honest. Not quite ready for the first team imo. Wellens said as much about his physicality, hence not going to a conference type team
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:29:29 »

Really enjoyed that. The big difference that Wellens has brought with him can be summed up in one word: organisation.

Nice to see us playing as a team, it's been a while at home..

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 22:51:39 »

cooper not really saying much

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p070pnsk
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 23:00:47 »

That was the most assumed and professional performance I have seen from a Swindon side for a long time. I like Wellens more and more each week. Listening to him is superb too, he explains everything and the reasons behind it.

Theo looks a cut above, as everyone has said, he’s exactly what we have missed this season. Carroll good in the middle, Koiki defensively comfortable at left back again.
Wellens could just have saved our season with his signings in January.

It’s a shame we don’t have a game Saturday but they put some work in tonight so could probably do with the rest. A nice 10 day break now, hopefully Wolfenden, Rose and Taylor will get back fit, and great to see Diagouraga in the squad again who spent the whole second half warming up!!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 23:05:25 »

Was it Anderson that just stood there in shock with his hands on his head when Woolery scored?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: