Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 57417 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:37:47 »

Was Robinson’s goal a poacher’s style goal?

Please be so
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:38:50 »

Traders are losing too.  A good evening so far.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:38:53 »

Robinson up front makes a massive difference to the team, his energy and chasing is top notch, the way he took his goal was like an experienced striker...oh thats right he is experienced!

Not Anderson or McCourts best game, Carroll looking settled in front of the back 4 but I do think we miss Roses tackling and staring breaks.

We haven't looked under much trouble and FGR seem happy to let us play and sit back and invite us on to them, need to not let them hit us on the break.

Over all very happy with that, especially at home!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:39:35 »

Quote from: Peter Venkman
weird, I think we've been mediocre, yet 2 bits of quality and 2-0
I think we have been better than average, we started poorly but came into it as the game moved on. We arent playing great but we don't look massively threatened by the vegans at the back.

it's been a lot of discipline, slow build up and letting then have a lot of the ball.

it's been fairly dull to watch live in my opinion.

but you can't argue with either of the goals.

don't think fgr are dead and buried yet
Peter Venkman

« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:40:45 »

Was Robinson’s goal a poacher’s style goal?

Please be so
His finish was so cool curling it round the (massive) keeper from 15 yards, a typical experienced strikers finish.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:41:02 »

Crewe-Carlisle  1-1,       Newport - Donkeys 0-0,   Oldham 1 Yeovil 0, puts us in 10th spot, nose bleed time !

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:42:48 »

Decent first half that, we look good going forward and 2 brilliant goals.

the vegans are a strange team, they literally let us just walk with the ball up to the half way line. I'm sure Cooper would claim it's some masterful plan. Also they keep passing it back to their keeper who can't pass a ball.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:43:18 »

I think we have been better than average, we started poorly but came into it as the game moved on. We arent playing great but we don't look massively threatened by the vegans at the back.

it's been a lot of discipline, slow build up and letting then have a lot of the ball.

but you can't argue with either of the goals.

don't think fgr are dead and buried yet
I’ve enjoyed it. Bit pedestrian, but it’s not your typical L2 fare. Surely it’s about time we won a game, any game, by more than 1 goal
Peter Venkman

« Reply #263 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:44:16 »

Weird how watching online gives you a very different view thanbeing there, are people around you moaning about how we are playing? just curious mate cos it looks a fairly decent passing game from here.

FGR are by no means dead and buried but another goal early will kill them off.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:45:10 »

So, that's how it felt as an opposition fan to watch our Cooper team once people had worked us out!

Very odd game to watch, barley a ball played in the air, apart from their keeper who has his boots on the wrong feet I think.

You can get very frustrated watching us defend but the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and it equally frustrates the FGR players when they have 20 passes and end up back at their keeper.  We look far more threatening - several nearly balls.  I'd be inclined to get someone in with more legs than McCourt has in the second half, maybe Dunne, as they will have a lot of the ball.  We could have had three or four, them two, both of which were our mistakes - bad defending in our own box meant they won a header 6 yards out and it drops at their player to dink it over, and then Anderson dallied (as he has done a bit today again), lost the ball and fouled our chasing player!

I can see us getting another two or three without exerting effort here, FGR look likely to make the same mistakes again and again.  We can afford to drop into shape this half and that could really frustrate them - got to remain focused though, Conroy once again switched off and headed straight behind for a corner from nothing.  Trying to be too casual.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:46:04 »

I think you’re underestimating us. FGR are decent, and we’re respecting them which made for an intriguing half. This is actually better quality football than this division usually serves up, so to go in two up is credit to our managing their threat well and taking our chances, for once.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:48:04 »

just to clarify, I'm enjoying winning Smiley

I'll reserve judgement in quality. the passing has been good, but 90% of it I'd call safe/possession football
Peter Venkman

« Reply #267 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:48:49 »

Decent first half that, we look good going forward and 2 brilliant goals.

the vegans are a strange team, they literally let us just walk with the ball up to the half way line. I'm sure Cooper would claim it's some masterful plan. Also they keep passing it back to their keeper who can't pass a ball.

I agree, its weird to watch, I don't feel threatened by them at all they seem happy to sit back and let us play.

The vegan fans are a bit fed up with Coopers lethargic football style on their forum.

Their keeper has some of the worst distribution I have ever seen in my 40 odd years of watching the Town, especially when pressured by Robinson.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:49:52 »

I think you’re underestimating us. FGR are decent, and we’re respecting them which made for an intriguing half. This is actually better quality football than this division usually serves up, so to go in two up is credit to our managing their threat well and taking our chances, for once.

I concur - I found myself getting annoyed with the time they had, but it's working.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #269 on: Tuesday, February 12, 2019, 20:52:04 »

Great chasing down by Woolery to win a throw in.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: