Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 57416 times)
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 21:37:03 »

... personally I'd have preferred late April, when you could get a nice spring evening.

Me too. That would have been my idea of “reasonable”.  Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 01:16:39 »

Greetings from a balmy Barbados 🏖 No surprise the game is off it was effing freezing Thursday night when I checked into the purple palace @ Gatwick though slightly warmer tracking to the terminal Friday morning. At that time there was hardly any snow in the area. Once airborne we were into the clouds very quickly and didn’t get to peer down onto the carnage as we crossed southern England out to the south west. On the flip side this was probably one of the few games i’d Have liked to see before the seasons end so it is likely that I can get to the rearranged fixture. Wrap up warm everyone.

Just seen the rearranged fixture, bugger. That means out of three of us who could go none of us will go. Well done STFC, FGR & the EFL.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 12:25:43 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Combe Up

« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 01:41:29 »

Just seen the rearranged fixture, bugger. That means out of three of us who could go nine of us will go. Well done STFC, FGR & the EFL.

Tripling the attendance. Awesome.

Watch out for Great Whites  Fishing.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 07:58:42 »

I've always been dubious about the "earliest reasonable opportunity" point. To take the Accrington away game last season, it was played about 2 months after the postponement. And our one at home to Yeovil, which was postponed in early March, wasn't played for another 5-6 weeks. There would have been alternative dates for both in the meantime.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 09:53:38 »

I've always been dubious about the "earliest reasonable opportunity" point. To take the Accrington away game last season, it was played about 2 months after the postponement. And our one at home to Yeovil, which was postponed in early March, wasn't played for another 5-6 weeks. There would have been alternative dates for both in the meantime.

My recall of the Yeovil situation, was that they had a few to catch up and also were still involved in the Boycott.  With Accy it could have been with the busy festive porgramme and Jan being potentially dodgy weather wise, the FL take that as reasonable not to play.

Speaking of Yeovil they've a massive game tonight at Numb.... very much a must win for them. I suppose a draw would be best all round as with a win Numb who might be considered in the relegation mix get to within 5 points of us.

Cobblers go to Tranny, and Cobblers could do with a point as they're starting to creak.... be interesting to see if Nelson can prop up the Tranny defence which has struggled a bit of late.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 12:59:52 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
woolster

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 21:14:31 »

Newport beating Boro 2.0, another weekend off
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 21:15:04 »

Looking like a blank Saturday on the 16th.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, February 5, 2019, 21:47:46 »

So Yeovil in all sorts of trouble and Numb just 5 points adrift of us... that could be the win whcih sees them safe.  Finishing below them for the first time in the same league would be best avoided.

Sid didn't do much for Tranny, whose wheels seem to have fallen off... Cobblers needed that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 09:40:21 »

Looking like a blank Saturday on the 16th.
This makes me happy as I am in Birmingham that day anyway so couldn't have watched it. lovely.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 18:19:42 »

Drew 2-2 with Bristol City in a friendly yesterday
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, February 11, 2019, 12:20:03 »

If we are doing early threads then I guess this was really early. Feels weird having a match tomorrow night seems like we only played yesterday.

I have decided to miss this one and let the radio carry on the win record.

League Position: 12th v 7th
Last 8 form table: 9th v 8th
Home Form & Away Form: 19th v 1st
Goalscoring: 18th v 7th
Defence: 16th v 2nd

FGR beat us on every stat. Impressive defence and fantastic away form against a team with a terrible home record and one that struggles for goals and clean sheets.

Just like Saturday they should be beat us. We have to get an early goal, that's the only way I can see anything out of this game. Goals change games and we struggle at home to get the break through 
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, February 11, 2019, 12:31:10 »

If we are doing early threads then I guess this was really early. Feels weird having a match tomorrow night seems like we only played yesterday.

I have decided to miss this one and let the radio carry on the win record.

League Position: 12th v 7th
Last 8 form table: 9th v 8th
Home Form & Away Form: 19th v 1st
Goalscoring: 18th v 7th
Defence: 16th v 2nd

FGR beat us on every stat. Impressive defence and fantastic away form against a team with a terrible home record and one that struggles for goals and clean sheets.

Just like Saturday they should be beat us. We have to get an early goal, that's the only way I can see anything out of this game. Goals change games and we struggle at home to get the break through 

Depends which of our teams show up. We've shown we can be near best, or near worst. Although I expect us to be the former of the 2 in this.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, February 11, 2019, 12:43:04 »

Will it be another case of after the lord mayor's show? After the win at Tranmere, I was really looking forward to the Crawley game and we were absolute garbage.

FGR probably won't set up as defensively as Crawley and like to play out from the back, so our pressing game and pace could kill them. Dare I say it, but if we win, we are 5 behind FGR. We play Colchester soon as well so if we can beat them in another 6 pointer, maybe, just maybe the play off dream could be reignited.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, February 11, 2019, 12:46:02 »

We need to shake the home form monkey off our back at some point.

Is it the way we are afforded space away from home that gives us a good away record.

If it is the way teams tend to sit back that causes us the issue at home, maybe FGR will be more adventerous given their away form. 

TBH I don't know if they are so effective because, like us, they are effective on the counter attack.  They were fairly crap against us in the cup, in the first half anyway. But that's no indicator.

1-1
Panda Paws

« Reply #134 on: Monday, February 11, 2019, 12:47:32 »

Big test. Another false dawn or finally, a hint of consistency? Three home games in a row, against sides above us, but who we should not be daunted by. 7-9 points and the table looks very different on the way up to Carlisle the first weekend of March. By then, we'll certainly know what the back end of this season looks like.

Will this combination of RW and the new players finally give us some confidence and ability at home?

It's the hope that kills you.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: