Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 57660 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #105 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 13:00:47 »

Hopefully Wellens can bring back some feelgood and repair some of the damage
This is what matters to me most now. Get some good performances, especially at home in front of the bulk of our fans and that will win many back I am sure.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #106 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 13:03:25 »

People will come back, it's all down to what happens on the pitch. It'll take a while to convince people to return, though.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 13:05:49 »

People will come back, it's all down to what happens on the pitch. It'll take a while to convince people to return, though.
It will especially after the last few years of poor performances on the pitch.

I think we could still easily get 8k+ if we string some good results together but I fully understand some not wanting to come back yet too.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 18:28:05 »

I accept that Power has "rescued" STFC from Jed and for that he deserves our everlasting gratitude.

We can only know at the end of his reign how successful he has been.

Meanwhile however, we are about 24 places below where we should, historically, EXPECT to be AND Power has until recently done NOTHING to generate enthusiasm for the club.  Power has fallen out with the Adver, refused to engage with the Trust, failed to really support the fans' away trip initiatives for Cov and so on and generally sat on his hands in terms of promoting the club.  I see some signs of improvement now.  

He has never really espoused much ambition for STFC except in terms of "living within our means" which is private and, conveniently, unable to be judged. There are all sorts of reasons why Jam tomorrow may be blown off course.

We can see that not a square meter of artificial turf has been laid and we can above all see the League table. STFC appears about to be embarking on its lowest sustained League ranking since there were 4 National Divisions over 60 years ago.  That is failure.  That STFC struggles through adversity is one thing but if making it a sustainable League 2 club is regarded as success then "glory hunters" like me can still hope but we still have nothing to cheer Power for beyond "Jed-stinction".
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 3, 2019, 18:31:50 by RedRag » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 16:08:28 »

Tuesday 12th Feb rearranged date

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/new-date-for-forest-green-fixture-released/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 16:18:24 »

cheers.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 16:28:01 »

Can we watch midweek games on ifollow?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 17:18:10 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange

yup
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 17:18:11 »

Yup.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 17:28:14 »

I like the way they announced it with a picturw of a burger van
Peter Venkman

« Reply #115 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 17:58:31 »

Very quickly rearranged, well done to the club for sorting so soon.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 20:30:48 »

I like the way they announced it with a picturw of a burger van

Grin
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 20:39:44 »

Very quickly rearranged, well done to the club for sorting so soon.

When we had that horrible run of away games last season involving Stevenage, Accy and Lincoln, I did question how such a run could be allowed if the club as seemed to use to be the case had a say in the rearrangement.  You'll prob recall that rearranged games were often stuck oin the end of the campign when conditions were generally more clement.  We ended up with 3 away games Tues-Sat-Tues, roughly exactly a year ago when weather can as we've seen this week be dodgy.

Bambi came up with the answer..... clubs now have little discretion it has to be the first available mid-week free from cup games etc. FL diktat.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 21:09:45 »

Bambi came up with the answer..... clubs now have little discretion it has to be the first available mid-week free from cup games etc. FL diktat.

That’s interesting. I didn’t know that. Do we know the source for that change? The current regulation says:

“ Regulation 28

Postponements, Abandonments and Re-Arrangements

In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League.

Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 28.1, The League reserves the right at any time to reschedule a League Match after consultation with and consideration of representations from the Clubs involved.”
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 21:24:36 »

That’s interesting. I didn’t know that. Do we know the source for that change? The current regulation says:

“ Regulation 28

Postponements, Abandonments and Re-Arrangements

In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity and in any event prior to the last scheduled round of fixtures in the Normal Playing Season. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League.

Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulation 28.1, The League reserves the right at any time to reschedule a League Match after consultation with and consideration of representations from the Clubs involved.”

Earliest reasonable opportunity.... therefore both clubs are midweek free next week, it's our nearest rival.... so that's the earliest opportunity... personally I'd have preferred late April, when you could get a nice spring evening.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: