Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 57381 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 09:01:01 »

Oh well.  Might have to be a Six Nations day instead, then.  Just when I was getting my Swindon mojo back.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 09:32:58 »

Off

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/forest-green-game-postponed/
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 09:33:09 »

Off
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 09:34:53 »

Oh well.  Might have to be a Six Nations day instead, then.  Just when I was getting my Swindon mojo back.

I was doing that anyway. The game last night was good. The wife is Irish so going to be a tough one for me when they wallop us today! (Sorry all for the egg chasing chat on the match day Fred)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 09:37:38 »

One of them tricky ones to call i reckon....sun's out so it might of been ok by 3pm.

Fuck it...

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #50 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 09:48:46 »

Pitch is fine but you can't expect people to travel and navigate surrounding areas when officials are advising no non-neccessary traveling.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 10:16:01 »

It's off.  Just when I was planning a boycott in protest at last week's Crawley surrender  Angry
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 10:27:02 »

Can't say I surprised, if its like we have here in Somerset theres still about 8 inches of snow sitting on the ground and very icy on the roads.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 10:50:11 »

FGR fans not happy about the call off, just sounds a lot like moaning for the sake of it because they are currently on a fairly good run of form, one even thinks Swindon is run by Stroud Council Cheesy

Really Huh?
Seems like they had no intention of playing us today based on yesterday's measly efforts to clear a bit of snow !!!

So have Stroud Council also closed the Nearby Brunel Shopping Centre and the Great Western Designer Outlet Village?

Interesting that rugby take a different approach. Bath v Gloucs is postponed today but are trying to play tomorrow or Monday. Given our proximity to Swindon that would work well?

I do find it amazing how pretty much every other business will be open despite such horrific safety issues. It’s amazing how countries with actual cold climates manage to stay safe despite a little bit of snow! More money wasted on travel today which we won’t see back!

So ..... even more frustrating then that Swindon Council couldn't put a few extra bins of grit/salt down in the football club car park to clear any areas of concern !!
As others have said I doubt the town centre or Outlet Village shops will be closed today ...........

To be fair to Swindon Council, and I suspect there will be little love for them on here, I suspect clearing the area around a football stadium was not their highest priority yesterday. When it comes to public safety I would expect key routes and areas around vital public facilities, like hospitals, to be top of their list for action...not trying to ensure a football match can go ahead, regardless of the significance for the teams involved.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 10:57:03 »

They can all fuck off!

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 10:58:14 »

Tree huggers
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 10:58:18 »

soapy tit wank, you'd think they be happy to have some extra banjo/squeal like a pig time
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 11:39:32 »

Assuming they go ahead, there are a number of important games.... Newport at Grimsby, a win or draw for Newport takes them above us, a win for Grimsby takes them above us, they both can't go above us... Should Oldham gain a point or better at Boundary Park v Morecambe they go above us.

For those still harbouring belief in our PO destiny, then Exeter v Frachise is crucial.... although I'm wondering if it will be postponed at the last minute, just to piss Franchise off greatly.

Basically if Grecians win then the PO gap goes out to 10 effectively 11, due to GD... with 30 games played.  This is why last week was a must win in order to stay in touch.

Macc could reduce their gap to us to 10, but unlikey as at Mansfield.....even if we drop 2 places to 14th, we still look ok for a finish somewhere between 12th and 16th.

Update..... Oldham gone, so we only drop one spot, which is good....
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 11:55:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 12:01:23 »

To be fair to those in Nailsworth, there probably isn't any snow there. Looking out my window I can see that everything has melted and gone. Was talking to a friend who has been working in Stratton for the last few days and he said there difference was stark.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
woolster

« Reply #59 on: Saturday, February 2, 2019, 12:05:44 »

soapy tit wank, you'd think they be happy to have some extra banjo/squeal like a pig time
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: