Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444311 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1185 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:32:52 »

They were only taken over last month

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/52920816
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1186 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:32:53 »

Less surprising when you consider that L1 and L2 currently have most of their staff furloughed whereas Championship clubs have had to bring all (or at least most of) their staff back out of furlough and resume paying them. So it's worse for them as they also have very little income (iFollow won't generate as much as normal matchday revenue) but considerably larger outgoings

EDIT: I seem to be theakston's echo today Smiley
True.

Not great that a club in the Premier league and FA cup winners only 7 years ago could go bust, doesn't bode well for any club TBH.

I looked on the Bolton forum and OMG they are a bunch of cunts about this. More jibes and laughter than I would even expect Oxford to have if similar happened to us.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1187 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:35:45 »

Also if a points deduction of 12 points is given to them for THIS season then they will automatically go straight to the bottom of the table from their safe mid table position.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1188 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 11:55:47 »

Also if a points deduction of 12 points is given to them for THIS season then they will automatically go straight to the bottom of the table from their safe mid table position.

It remains to be seen if the FA deem Covid related admin to be a special case and will suspend the points deduction, although you would question as they was only taken over a while ago surely new owners would have been aware of perilous finances and sailing close to the wind.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1189 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:00:10 »

It remains to be seen if the FA deem Covid related admin to be a special case and will suspend the points deduction, although you would question as they was only taken over a while ago surely new owners would have been aware of perilous finances and sailing close to the wind.
Yeah there is a fine line between leniency due to Covid and following the EFL rules.

This could be groundbreaking as I am 100% certain they will not be the last to have this happen.

If the EFL are lenient with smaller or zero point penalty then more clubs could be convinced that now is the time to go into Admin with a clean slate.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1190 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:21:19 »

EFL have released a statement saying 12 point penalty will be applied at the wnd of season.

If out of relegation zone at the end will be applied then, if in the relegation zone at the end it will be applied next season
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1191 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:29:55 »

EFL have released a statement saying 12 point penalty will be applied at the wnd of season.

If out of relegation zone at the end will be applied then, if in the relegation zone at the end it will be applied next season
Effectively 4 points adrift currently then.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1192 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:32:58 »

So basically they are down, I suppose it means a further NW game for us next season, which is nice, if fans are allowed in.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1193 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:39:48 »

So basically they are down, I suppose it means a further NW game for us next season, which is nice, if fans are allowed in.
Unbeaten in the last 10 games with just 1 defeat in the last 12 games, they have won 3 on the trot and won 6 of their last 8 games.

Can't write them off just yet, they would only be 6 points off survival with 6 games left, still possible.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1194 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:43:54 »

Unbeaten in the last 10 games with just 1 defeat in the last 12 games, they have won 3 on the trot and won 6 of their last 8 games.

Can't write them off just yet, they would only be 6 points off survival with 6 games left, still possible.

A lots going to depend on how they respond to this, they basically need to be 14 points above 22nd at season end, presently 8.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1195 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 12:49:36 »

A lots going to depend on how they respond to this, they basically need to be 14 points above 22nd at season end, presently 8.
If the players respond by giving it their best as they have for the last 12 games or so then they could feasibly stay up having taken 20 point from the previous 8 games.

If they knuckle down and play for the club despite wage problems then I do think they can do it, some players may not respond as well though, naturally.

But they will all be in the shop window until the end of the season.

On the Slavetrades forum they are touting Paul Cook the current Wigan manager to replace Lee Johnson as he would be a steal and would cost no compensation fee, not sure in actuallity it works like that as the Administrators will have an idea of the players/managers value and will not be undersold.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #1196 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 13:07:23 »

Wigan??...im a bit shocked!!

Clems Army!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1197 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 13:58:19 »

From reporter on local rag....

Just had 20 minutes with the administrator at the DW Stadium. Transcribing now, and video interview soon.
Some key points:
- Intention is to finish season
- Confident of finding a buyer
- Club 'well run day to day'... money just hasn't arrived from owner
- Plan is to find a buyer, rather than break up and sell-off training ground, players etc
- Spoken to manager, who was shocked.. but positive attitude. He'll be informing players
- Won't impact on Warriors' use of DW.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1198 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:28:05 »

The footballing authorities have to take a hard look at themselves over their supposed ‘fit and proper’ test. It’s putting clubs in peril. Got to be a time where a certain amount of money has to be lodged independently before any club purchase goes ahead.

In these Covid times they’ll be plenty of asset stripping sharks just waiting for carcasses.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1199 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2020, 14:49:40 »

The talk of Barrow's search for a manager in the other thread got me thinking about their ownership, seems to be a model we dream of.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/17236095.barrow-afc-confirm-new-ownership-structure-at-the-club/
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: