Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444387 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: Saturday, February 29, 2020, 19:29:57 »

It is shit, but it might be more effective if it and the surrounding regulations were actually enforced properly. It would still be shit but it would make a bit of difference. But the football authorities don't care about enforcing these rules, they're just window dressing they got forced into and have no interest in enforcing.
Like the German 50+1 model.
[/quote

Great win for them today so not letting off the field activities affect the players

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #1111 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 09:40:25 »

According to BBC, Macclesfield late paying February wages - 4th time in 5 months.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:04:24 »

Like the German 50+1 model.

Yeah that's going well after the events at Bayern at the weekend.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:04:51 »

Think they'll be out of the Football League by next season whether they are relegated or not.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1114 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:30:47 »

Think they'll be out of the Football League by next season whether they are relegated or not.

Which would be a bloody disgrace as there are people with cash available to buy the club.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:42:04 »

I thought it had been sold?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1116 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 10:45:57 »

I thought it had been sold?
Deal agreed in principle but not gone through yet.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/15/joe-sealey-takeover-macclesfield-edges-closer-clubs-owner-says/

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1117 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 11:50:10 »

Yeah that's going well after the events at Bayern at the weekend.
Which were specifically a protest against a bloke who's violated that model? Not sure what your point is tbh?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 12:18:41 »

Which were specifically a protest against a bloke who's violated that model? Not sure what your point is tbh?
Uh oh, is there trouble in paradise for the chuckle brothers  Wink
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1119 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 13:17:44 »

Uh oh, is there trouble in paradise for the chuckle brothers  Wink

🤣🤣🤣🤣 you must have been telepathing my thoughts.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #1120 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 14:01:02 »

Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1121 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 14:02:22 »

That much is made of the 50+1 model in Germany yet there are clubs (Hoffenheim*, Red Bull Liepzig and another that I cannot recall OTTOMH) which fly directly in the face of that suggesting that its as toothless and as much of a gimmick as FPP.

* Actually looking at them on Wiki the guy who is bank rolling them is the founder of SAP, for that alone he deserves everything coming to him!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 14:10:09 »

That much is made of the 50+1 model in Germany yet there are clubs (Hoffenheim*, Red Bull Liepzig and another that I cannot recall OTTOMH) which fly directly in the face of that suggesting that its as toothless and as much of a gimmick as FPP.
As I understand it (and happy to be corrected), the rule is that no individual shareholder can own more than 49% of a club, but they didn't apply it retrospectively which is where the SAP guy (who had an existing shareholding in Hoffenheim), VW (Wolfsbug) and Bayer (go on, guess) have an exemption. RB Liepzig is slightly different in that they just priced the shares outrageously (as in tens of thousands of euros per share) so that they were out of reach of ordinary fans, hence why they are reviled by pretty much everyone else in German football. Unlike Hoffenheim, even other club owners seem to dislike what Red Bull have done. So yes the rule can be subverted and there are exceptions to it which perhaps there shouldn't be, but it's still a pretty solid rule that does much to prevent the excesses we see in football in this country and keep the game at least responsive to fans. It's not even comparable to the dead letter that is FFP.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #1123 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 15:00:55 »

As I understand it (and happy to be corrected), the rule is that no individual shareholder can own more than 49% of a club, but they didn't apply it retrospectively which is where the SAP guy (who had an existing shareholding in Hoffenheim), VW (Wolfsbug) and Bayer (go on, guess) have an exemption. RB Liepzig is slightly different in that they just priced the shares outrageously (as in tens of thousands of euros per share) so that they were out of reach of ordinary fans, hence why they are reviled by pretty much everyone else in German football. Unlike Hoffenheim, even other club owners seem to dislike what Red Bull have done. So yes the rule can be subverted and there are exceptions to it which perhaps there shouldn't be, but it's still a pretty solid rule that does much to prevent the excesses we see in football in this country and keep the game at least responsive to fans. It's not even comparable to the dead letter that is FFP.

I'll let you have that one then Barry.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #1124 on: Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 16:50:12 »

I see that the EFL may give Macclesfield a further deduction of points for their failure to fulfil their fixture vs Plymouth, that may open the bottom of the league back up even if Macc survive this setback.

Although Stevenage may well be deducted points or a financial penalty given themselves for postponing a fixture illegally vs Oldham!

Stevenage have been referred to an independent disciplinary commission following the postponement of their scheduled League Two match against Oldham on November 16, the EFL has announced.

The fixture was rearranged under the international postponement policy after Stevenage had three players called up to represent their respective international teams.

But a statement from the EFL on Monday read: The club had requested a postponement under the EFL 'postponement policy' which allows clubs to make an application in the event that three or more eligible players are called up to represent their respective national teams.

However, following enquiries made by the EFL it is alleged that, at the time of the postponement request, only two players were eligible to be counted towards the total and not three as required by the policy.

The fixture was subsequently played on January 14, 2020. As this matter is now subject to proceedings, the EFL will be making no further comment at this time.

Stevenage chairman Phil Wallace revealed his shock at the news, telling the official club website: We are genuinely stunned at the EFL's decision to refer their case to an Independent Disciplinary Committee.

Our staff acted in good faith throughout and applied all the relevant rules available to us, making a legitimate postponement application which the EFL accepted and the FA subsequently reinforced by not allowing the player to play in our FA Cup replay.

We have a 10-year unblemished record of administration in the EFL and will use the full resources at our disposal to support the decisions and actions of our staff in order to protect the reputation of the club and avoid the imposition of financial penalties.

And then there is the real risk of similar for Oldham!

So many teams in this division in huge financial troubles.

I really could be a lot worse for Town!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: