Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444625 times)
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #930 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 18:42:42 »

What with all the Bury shennanigans, only one team will get relegated from L2 this season.

Gives us a chance at least.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #931 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 18:44:07 »

'Swindle' is still very common here in Bristol.

Funnily enough just this week someone sent me an IM at work and referred to Town as 'Swindle'. I asked him if he knew why Town were known as 'Swindle'... He did not know.

With that level of historical knowledge, he probably doesn't know why they're called the Slave Traders either.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #932 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 20:05:05 »

I think it's the right call and fully appreciate that Swindon may one day be in this situation.

The governance of the game needs a significant review but letting them back in 2020-21 would almost certainly result in this becoming a potential common practice.

"We can't afford this season, fuck it. Let's take a year out, raise funds and come back stronger."

Bury's demise is no shock. I just hope that if Swindon were in a situation that they were winning on the pitch but had a Dale like owner (and Power isn't that) then I'd be fighting the good fight (like many Blackpool fans were forced to do).

We've been through a near identical scenario.  Black over funded Di Canio, pulled the plug, sold to someone without any funding, we mortgaged everything for cash flow, the new owner tried to wriggle some cash out of the business and we went to the wall - OK, we didn't do the last bit because some evil Eastender living in Switzerland ruined us, or prevented collapse, one of those.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #933 on: Thursday, September 26, 2019, 20:31:30 »

With that level of historical knowledge, he probably doesn't know why they're called the Slave Traders either.

You would not expect anything more from a club founded in 1982

I come from a land down-under
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #934 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 15:06:21 »

See the Macc Lads have not been paid for September.... Statement from players and staff

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #935 on: Thursday, October 3, 2019, 16:07:16 »

Doubt many people have been paid for September yet. I haven't.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #936 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 10:15:51 »

Wycombe's Supporters Trust have just voted through the takeover by a US lawyer who thinks they're a "soccer franchise" that can be everyone's second team globally after "Liverpool, Chelsea and the Man teams". That's his business plan.
Flashheart

« Reply #937 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 10:17:09 »

Wycombe's Supporters Trust have just voted through the takeover by a US lawyer who thinks they're a "soccer franchise" that can be everyone's second team globally after "Liverpool, Chelsea and the Man teams". That's his business plan.

Fuck that!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #938 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 17:06:36 »

They must be mad !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #939 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 17:10:23 »

It will all be worth it just to hear how the yank will pronounce Wycombe

I come from a land down-under
Flashheart

« Reply #940 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 17:11:27 »

It will all be worth it just to hear how the yank will pronounce Wycombe

Why-coom
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #941 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 17:23:30 »

Why-combi
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #942 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 20:25:39 »

Ly sester
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #943 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 20:40:13 »

Presumably the same peeps that wanted to buy our "soccer franchise" a couple of weeks ago. 
Bonkers - they will regret that big time. (IMO for what it's worth etc)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #944 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 20:54:23 »

See the Macc Lads have not been paid for September
It's sad but not unsurprising - one if the reasons Sol Campbell left.  The EFL have to step up and do something to stop this happening so often.

On a more positive personal note I'm seeing the Macc lads next month at Bristol O2.  30 years ago they were banned from every venue in the country - but now we are more politically correct they can play anywhere.  Perhaps it's because they are old fat bastards like their audience 😀,
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: