Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444284 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:09:47 »

So it's probably Boston who've borrowed 40k

To be fair to him he is normally fairly on the ball, however, he did get extremely sniffy and passive aggressive when people picked him up on the Swindon issue on social media and seemed to suggest that we were still in financial difficulties (which may be correct but nigh impossible to tell based upon the very limited accounts the club have to produce).
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:12:10 »

So they've borrowed £20m of that from one of the partners in the buyout who didn't have her own money to put into the buyout so had to be financed by Roger Mason? Wow. Stinks worse than Grimsby on fish market day.

Im sure the terriers that conduct the EFL financial examinations looked into this with their usual thorough, meticulous analysis skills.

They're fucked.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:42:22 »

To be fair to him he is normally fairly on the ball
I know, I follow him on twitter. Shame the League apparently don't, he could spare them a lot of embarrassment. Come to that, they could do worse than employing him as a forensic accountant to keep a pre-emptive eye on some of their member clubs (as long as someone double checks his spreadsheets before he publishes them Smiley )
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 12:27:09 »

So Inspector Knacker has  launched a fraud investigation into Bury FC.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 13:50:22 »

Old Bury or new Bury ... or both?
So Inspector Knacker has  launched a fraud investigation into Bury FC.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 14:00:54 »

Meanwhile the EFL continue to try and paper over the cracks...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49569697
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 14:18:08 »

I am not sure there is a 'new' Bury, I assume its the actions of Messers Day and Dale attracting their interest?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 14:40:19 »

"There's only one Bury" ... Bury still exists as a business and as a football club, it is still in CVA and it is, incredibly, still owned by the execrable Mr Dale. All that has changed is that it has been expelled from the Football League
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 14:40:51 »

Meanwhile the EFL continue to try and paper over the cracks...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49569697

All look a bit Brexity...

'We wanted to let them back in but the dastardly clubs wouldn't let us' Blame them Bury fans!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 14:48:57 by horlock07 » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 15:06:03 »

Precedents being set all over the shop with this sorry saga.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 23:29:31 »

What a clusterfuck. Sorry state of affairs.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: Wednesday, September 4, 2019, 08:50:25 »

Not necessarily a bad thing, but Tranmere getting some foreign investment.

http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2047440-far-eastern-investors-take-stake-in-tranmere-rovers
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #912 on: Friday, September 13, 2019, 08:52:51 »

To add to the League's woes over their piss-poor governance, Middlesborough are suing the League over Derby's "sale and lease back" scam with their stadium to dodge FFP. Their claim is that in doing this Derby gained an unfair advantage and so finished 1pt above Boro to pip them to the playoffs and had the League enforced their rules properly, then Derby would not have had this unfair advantage. Shaun Harvey's left quite a legacy he must be ever so proud
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #913 on: Friday, September 13, 2019, 08:59:06 »

To add to the League's woes over their piss-poor governance, Middlesborough are suing the League over Derby's "sale and lease back" scam with their stadium to dodge FFP. Their claim is that in doing this Derby gained an unfair advantage and so finished 1pt above Boro to pip them to the playoffs and had the League enforced their rules properly, then Derby would not have had this unfair advantage. Shaun Harvey's left quite a legacy he must be ever so proud

I am not saying it wasn't done to circumvent FFP, but sale and lease back is a very regular practice with property to raise some capital, I cannot believe for one minute that Derby are going to be the only club that have done it, so another can of worms beckons.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #914 on: Friday, September 13, 2019, 09:02:33 »

I am not saying it wasn't done to circumvent FFP, but sale and lease back is a very regular practice with property to raise some capital, I cannot believe for one minute that Derby are going to be the only club that have done it, so another can of worms beckons.
Oh, they're not, Villa and Reading also being looked at. I think Derby are deemed especially egregious because they sold the stadium at twice their own valuation and got into the play-offs. Mind you, Villa got promoted on the back of it, so maybe their sale price wasn't taking the piss to quite the same extent?
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: