Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444566 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #885 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 09:07:59 »

Seen a fair amount of saltiness from other fans about this, saying they should be made to replay all of their games now. Why exactly? Get a grip and get on with it
By that logic, so should any team that strengthens in the transfer window. There's some right bell-ends out there isn't there? Everyone knows Bolton are going down like a cheap hooker, the only questions are what punishment they get for not playing the game against Brentford last season and whoever it was this season and, if it's an additional points deduction, whether they can do enough to end the season with zero points (or even break into the single figure positives)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #886 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 09:18:14 »

I don't agree they should replay all their games. I do agree the EFL have cocked it up royally and some clubs gained an unfair advantage by playing Bolton's youth team. Gills, Ipswich and Tranmere all put 5 past them, and even if you ignore the 3 points on a plate, that GD could be the difference between relegation and survival, or between 6th and 7th.
I thin Bolton should have a transfer embargo for the season, or at least until January, much like Rangers were given after their demise in Scotland.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #887 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 09:24:36 »

Bolton taking out £40m worth of loans the day after being taken over. Seems a little...excessive.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 09:28:25 »

Bolton taking out £40m worth of loans the day after being taken over. Seems a little...excessive.
To say the least. If I was a Bolton fan, I'd be hugely worried about what the purpose of that is. Where did you see that PP?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 09:51:39 »

Because it’s palpably unfair to have 6 games where their opposition only had to play against their youth team while, from now on, teams have to play against a competitive squad.

That and the fact their new owners have borrowed £40m to be repaid over 3 years to fund the club.

That’s what got them in the shit in the first place.

I do take your point, but if we were getting really pedantic we could say that they've managed more points (1, vs Coventry in a credible 0-0 draw) than Southend, who have lost all their games. Although the whole situation is a farce, making them start the season again would set a dangerous precedent.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 09:57:51 »

Bizarre the level of reaction to Bolton signing players. A few days ago people were saying how happy they were that Bolton survived, are they only allowed to survive and be shit? It will take a long time for the team to gel and a lot of the players they've signed won't even be close to match fitness, so I imagine the results will still be poor for most of the season.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 09:59:47 »

Also where do you draw the line?

What happens if a side has to field a severely weakened side to multiple injuries/suspensions?

The sides that have played Bolton so far got lucky, that’s life
Peter Venkman

« Reply #892 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:14:38 »

To say the least. If I was a Bolton fan, I'd be hugely worried about what the purpose of that is. Where did you see that PP?

https://twitter.com/KieranMaguire/status/1168485668374417408?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1168485668374417408&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.twtd.co.uk%2Fforum%2F465419%2Fboltons-business%2F%2337

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:33:01 »

Bizarre the level of reaction to Bolton signing players. A few days ago people were saying how happy they were that Bolton survived, are they only allowed to survive and be shit? It will take a long time for the team to gel and a lot of the players they've signed won't even be close to match fitness, so I imagine the results will still be poor for most of the season.

As it appears that Flitcroft and Hill only met the players this morning I cannot imagine that much scouting has gone into the new signings which doesn't bode that well.

Edit - I believe that Bolton were supposed to play Bury this weekend, so they have got lucky having a weekend off.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:35:02 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #894 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:38:08 »

So they've borrowed £20m of that from one of the partners in the buyout who didn't have her own money to put into the buyout so had to be financed by Roger Mason? Wow. Stinks worse than Grimsby on fish market day.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:38:15 »

Suppose it was just a matter of getting some players in... to be honest, I think the whole saga maybe just a stop gap. Can seem them in the conference in two years.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:39:25 »

So the same guy who said we couldn't pay our players?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:40:38 »

So it's probably Boston who've borrowed 40k
Peter Venkman

« Reply #898 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 10:42:09 »

No idea, I haven't even read it TBH, I just read thats where the comments came from.

Panda Paws

« Reply #899 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 11:01:30 »

He's normally very good. Admitted the mistake re us.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: