Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444526 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #870 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 09:57:08 »

Don't think the national press send people to our level.
Probably not but it would get the Swindon name out there in the nationals a bit more even if it was announced in the local press.

Good press for the club?

At minimum they should print an apology.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #871 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 10:29:06 »

Probably not but it would get the Swindon name out there in the nationals a bit more even if it was announced in the local press.

Good press for the club?

Agreed 100% JJ....fuck them.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #872 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 11:19:34 »

Good press for the club?

Im right behind Power on this....he needs to make a statement...unless its true!!

Clems Army!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #873 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 12:21:37 »

The guy that done the article Kieran Maguire does the Price of Football blog and for most of his articles they are usually decent and informative, this time he was wrong and I think I was the first one to call him out on it and he admitted he was wrong, but equally it should have been either withdrawn this is in the public domain and will but of potential sponsors etc if they think the club is in trouble
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #874 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 12:44:24 »

This doesn't look good though does it. I assume some losses are hidden by FFP shenanigans (Forest Green Rovers) but we're near the top of the splurging table without much to show for it.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #875 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 12:48:49 »

This doesn't look good though does it. I assume some losses are hidden by FFP shenanigans (Forest Green Rovers) but we're near the top of the splurging table without much to show for it.

£1.7m loss in one season? How accurate is the above with regards to source
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #876 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 12:56:25 »

Worth noting that is the season before last season?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #877 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 13:10:47 »

Flitcroft to Bolton as assistant manager; as if things were not bad enough for them

Brilliant. I hope (and expect) that the useless, arrogant, patronising prick will never be able to impose his terrible double standards on any other management role.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #878 on: Monday, September 2, 2019, 15:52:41 »

The loss for 2017/18 looks accurate, which is nasty in isolation.  We seemed to have made 3.2m in profit over the previous two years though, so there is going to be some timing issues between the separate sets of accounts I guess.  We were break even for 2015.

More relevant is the fact that in 4 years our Net Liabilities are lower at 5m vs 6m, and we financed the loss by seemingly taking on a long term loan (well, our creditors due over one year went back up in 2018)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #879 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:18:05 »

Steve Dale has received payments totalling £115,097 from Bury FC this year.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/bury-owner-steve-dale-received-115k-this-year-from-club-accounts-3vhvpppcm
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #880 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:25:23 »

And Bolton have finally signed some players. I have no idea if this bunch are any good without doing some research but I can't imagine it's going to be a fun season for their fans either way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49553884
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #881 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:28:11 »

And Bolton have finally signed some players. I have no idea if this bunch are any good without doing some research but I can't imagine it's going to be a fun season for their fans either way.

Seen a fair amount of saltiness from other fans about this, saying they should be made to replay all of their games now. Why exactly? Get a grip and get on with it
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #882 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:32:15 »

Because it’s palpably unfair to have 6 games where their opposition only had to play against their youth team while, from now on, teams have to play against a competitive squad.

That and the fact their new owners have borrowed £40m to be repaid over 3 years to fund the club.

That’s what got them in the shit in the first place.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #883 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:35:27 »

Seen a fair amount of saltiness from other fans about this, saying they should be made to replay all of their games now. Why exactly? Get a grip and get on with it

I don't agree they should replay all their games. I do agree the EFL have cocked it up royally and some clubs gained an unfair advantage by playing Bolton's youth team. Gills, Ipswich and Tranmere all put 5 past them, and even if you ignore the 3 points on a plate, that GD could be the difference between relegation and survival, or between 6th and 7th.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #884 on: Tuesday, September 3, 2019, 08:39:53 »

Some good (Bridcutt, Murphy, Buckley) and some bad (O'Grady, Bunney). Ultimately still in the shit. And someone's decided to lend the new owners 40 million to be repayed over 3 years. Wonder how that ends.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: