Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444268 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #825 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 14:59:58 »

the company have pulled out of the purchase as due diligence unveiled a big old mess.
Well that must have come as a shock to everyone! If they hadn't even completed due diligence before today, this was never going to happen was it?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #826 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:05:36 »

Well that must have come as a shock to everyone! If they hadn't even completed due diligence before today, this was never going to happen was it?
Exactly, its all been a farce at Bury's fans expense, keep them hanging on like there actualyl is a lifeline when in actuality there never really was.

You have to feel for the fans but its time the FL put its foot down and remove Bury and Bolton from the league, enough is enough.

If there really was a genuine interested party for both clubs then it would have been completed in the Summer.

Its an absolute joke at Bolton and Bury fans expense.

Let them form phoenix clubs and rise again as so many other ex league teams have done and lets all move on from it now.

The FL should have put its foot down way before now, a huge amount of blame must be shouldered by them in allowing it to carry on for so fucking long giving their fans some hope when there was none.

Every sympathy for both clubs fans (not the owners) but its time to move on now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #827 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:07:44 »

I don't fully recall the collapse of Maidstone, could that be as attributed to specific and dubious individuals as the shit shows at Bury or Bolton?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:12:07 »

From Matt Slater

First take on the Bury news is on the PA wire now and it's grim but the celebrations on Friday night were very premature. The mortgages on the ground/bar taken out by Stewart Day (and fudged by Steve Dale in the CVA) are like unexploded bombs under the pitch.... ...C&N can rightly say that there simply wasn't enough time to resolve those issues but - even if Day, Dale and their lenders had been angels during this process - I'm told the league had reservations about C&N's ability to deliver all the money needed to keep Bury in the EFL......I'm told there was one other radical proposal made today, from another party, but it was rejected. Meanwhile, Bolton are in real danger of joining Bury in...who knows? Northern Premier, probably. As of an hour ago, total stalemate between Ken Anderson and Eddie Davies Trust.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #829 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:12:39 »

I don't fully recall the collapse of Maidstone, could that be as attributed to specific and dubious individuals as the shit shows at Bury or Bolton?
There wasn't the national coverage back in the early 90s as there is now, all I remember is they went bankrupt, not sure the reasons behind it but I know they were ground sharing and didn't even have a home ground worthy of the FL at the time and were playing games in Dartford.

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:17:52 »

Bolton to Bury is six miles. The fans should band together to build a new joint enterprise. Dammit, they even wear near-enough the same colours. Bet they'd be back in the league within a decade.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #831 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:20:23 »

Bolton to Bury is six miles. The fans should band together to build a new joint enterprise. Dammit, they even wear near-enough the same colours. Bet they'd be back in the league within a decade.
FC Lancashire. Play in White and dark blue. I recon they could be up the ladder quicker than that TBH. 5 years in theory is the quickest return I think.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:21:14 »

There wasn't the national coverage back in the early 90s as there is now, all I remember is they went bankrupt, not sure the reasons behind it but I know they were ground sharing and didn't even have a home ground worthy of the FL at the time and were playing games in Dartford.

Had a quick google and it seems that Maidstone were buggered up by getting promoted then trying to get aground to work etc etc, doesn't seem to be the dubious characters in their background.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:30:58 »

Thames Valley Royals
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:34:37 »

So 59 minutes to find a new buyer and complete the process.  Angry Roll Eyes No

It must be bad, we've not even heard rumours of Jed nosing around...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #835 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:39:38 »

It must be bad, we've not even heard rumours of Jed nosing around...
Jed still has his little toe in the back door at Yeovil.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: Tuesday, August 27, 2019, 15:48:47 »

Jed still has his little toe in the back door at Yeovil.

That’s quite a...feet.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 12:04:52 »

Some (slightly) better news for Bolton, threat of liquidation starting today has been lifted (only temporarily though):

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49496968
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 12:36:34 »

It will only happen for Bolton if the consortium can get the hotel as well as the FC seemingly as a lot of the profit is in the hotel, there are 2 bidders in for that 1 is the consortium that want the football club also, but the other is the owners of Boohoo website and they don't want the football club only the hotel and the administrators seem to be dragging their feet a little there.

There was talk that the venture consortium were willing to take Bolton and hope to get the hotel, but then it seems former owner Anderson has had some falling out with the Eddie Davis Trust over who gets what money, and this has now caused the stumbling block.

The administrators I would be surprised if they decided to liquidate before the 14 days was up as there is always hope a deal will be done at the last.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 13:47:45 »

I believe Ken Anderson took a loan from the Davies family to secure the club last year, but did so personally, he then secured a loan against Bolton.  If they liquidate, he gets paid off with the assets.  That's on top of any other shady stuff he's been doing in the meantime.  He has zero incentive to find a solution that doesn't include him getting his pay day.  The Davies family Trust is also involved as they have the loan to Ken to worry about, plus they tied in some other stuff when writing off a lot of the original debt.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: