Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444299 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 09:56:23 »

Bolton looking like they are gone.

Looking back to that big sam era, some fantastic players. Okocha, djorkaeff, campo, anelka, nolan, cahill, gudjohnson.

A big club and sad for the fans. 
Flashheart

« Reply #796 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:23:57 »

Not looking good for them, but there's still time for a last-minute change of mind from Anderson by the sounds of it.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:25:13 »

.......4 times FA Cup winners, and home of Nat Lofthouse and Joe Smith, and many more. A tragedy if it happens.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #798 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:25:55 »

From a selfish point of view if Bolton and Bury go out of the league then there will be more promotion spots to play for.

Not good for them but this whole process has dragged on far too long and should have been sorted in the Summer by the FL.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:42:40 »

Don’t think so. I’m sure I read if that does happen there will only be 2 relegated from L1, usual 4 promoted from L2 and nobody relegated from L2.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #800 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:43:58 »

Don’t think so. I’m sure I read if that does happen there will only be 2 relegated from L1, usual 4 promoted from L2 and nobody relegated from L2.
Ah well, we are going up in the top 3 spots anyway Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:46:54 »

Few more details here for those who haven't seen this morning's papers:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/26/bolton-face-liquidation-sale-collapses-process-closing-company/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/24/bury-granted-stay-execution-efl-gives-rory-campbell-5pm-tuesday/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/26/bolton-sale-collapses-liquidation-efl

TLDR: Both clubs given until 5pm Tuesday to prove they can meet the financial obligations required to complete the season. Bolton's takeover looks to have collapsed; Bury buyers asking how they're supposed to complete a complicated deal (you'd definitely want to make sure you do full due diligence on that mess) over a Bank Holiday weekend with then just one working day to complete.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 26, 2019, 10:48:34 by pauld » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 12:08:35 »

So it looks like if Bury's prospective owners can get a deal nearly done, they will get another extension for a few days, but the FL say no more games to be postponed, but that is confusing as Bury don't have a team to put out for Sat surely, they would have to recruit players quickly and find a manager within a few days.

Bolton I reckon something will happen with the Eddie Davis trust as they wont want to lose all the money the former owner put in.

Tomorrow will be crucial for both teams, will one go to the wall, I suspect not 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 12:11:21 »

So it looks like if Bury's prospective owners can get a deal nearly done, they will get another extension for a few days
Don't know where you're getting that from. That was the case on Friday, hence the extension to Tuesday but as of Saturday morning, Tuesday 5pm is the final deadline according to the League:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/24/efl-bury-5pm-tuesday-campbell-takeover

Unless something's changed since then?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 13:16:55 »

So it looks like if Bury's prospective owners can get a deal nearly done, they will get another extension for a few days, but the FL say no more games to be postponed, but that is confusing as Bury don't have a team to put out for Sat surely, they would have to recruit players quickly and find a manager within a few days.

Bolton I reckon something will happen with the Eddie Davis trust as they wont want to lose all the money the former owner put in.

Tomorrow will be crucial for both teams, will one go to the wall, I suspect not 

These are all just rehearsals for October 31st.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 13:28:30 »

Don't know where you're getting that from. That was the case on Friday, hence the extension to Tuesday but as of Saturday morning, Tuesday 5pm is the final deadline according to the League:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/24/efl-bury-5pm-tuesday-campbell-takeover

Unless something's changed since then?

The new head of the EFL said she'd extend it if they were something like 99% complete and the 1% left was basic stuff.  They have also confirmed no more suspended games, Bury have asked for volunteers to clean the ground ahead of Saturday and started selling tickets, so assume they will go down the Bolton road of playing some kids without full contracts.  Given Bolton have shipped five in three games, I don;t see what this gains for the EFL.  They've managed to oversee a mockery of the sport - Bury should never have been allowed up, should never have had the guy running the club and same for Bolton (Ken Anderson has enough on his record to Not be Fit).
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 16:50:43 »

Think they have a manger, name escapes me but think was an uninspiring ex conference guy.  Player wise they have more under contract than Bolton but far from a squad’s worth
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 17:01:42 »

The new head of the EFL said she'd extend it if they were something like 99% complete and the 1% left was basic stuff.
Fair enough. Vanishingly unlikely they'll get to 1% basic stuff by Tuesday 5pm.
Think they have a manger, name escapes me but think was an uninspiring ex conference guy.  Player wise they have more under contract than Bolton but far from a squad’s worth
The manager is Paul Wilkinson, ex Truro. Player wise they might have had more than Bolton but a lot have left as their contracts have been voided by the situation, don't think they have much more than Bolton left now.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 17:05:57 »

I am having difficulty in working out how they can complete the season in practice, even if takeovers complete tomorrow.
They will have very few contracted players left , be under a transfer embargo until football creditors including unpaid wages are cleared in full. Even if those are cleared quickly, the transfer deadline is on Thursday. After that they will be restricted to “free agents” who will not be match fit. Throw in the points deductions 12 already without anything for cancelled fixtures (including Bolton’s last game of last season) and relegation is a formality.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: Monday, August 26, 2019, 17:14:30 »

I am having difficulty in working out how they can complete the season in practice, even if takeovers complete tomorrow.
They will have very few contracted players left , be under a transfer embargo until football creditors including unpaid wages are cleared in full. Even if those are cleared quickly, the transfer deadline is on Thursday. After that they will be restricted to “free agents” who will not be match fit. Throw in the points deductions 12 already without anything for cancelled fixtures (including Bolton’s last game of last season) and relegation is a formality.
And every game they play will be a rollover effectively. Completely agree, as everyone has said this situation should never have been allowed to have got to this stage. Although if it does finally force the FA to fucking grow a pair around doing some actual governance, it will be worth it (albeit not Bolton or Bury fans). I say the FA as the League have proven they cannot perform governance of their own members - too many turkeys not wanting to vote for the stuffing they so richly deserve. So if it's going to be anyone it would have to be the FA either directly or by imposing an independent body on the League. Sadly I doubt we'll even get that, just more of the same handwringing and window dressing.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: