Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444342 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 08:31:31 »

Bolton are creaking.

The EFL have told the Supporters Trust that they are satisfied the club has the funding to see the season out -but the players remain unpaid for March.  The Council are threatening to stop the weekend fixture if no guarantees are forthcoming about staffing.  The players, if indeed not paid, are now at the point where they can provide 14 days notice to quit their contracts and something like all but 9 are out of contract at the end of the season anyway, with nobody in the club available to negotiate contract extensions or bring in new players over the summer.  Even if they avoid the winding-up order, the best they can hope for is starting next season in L1 without a full squad and under the control of a guy previously banned by the EFL from running a club for 3 years!

Thing is, its been like this for three weeks with the same midweek trauma about the weekend fixture and safety, at what stage does someone do something?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 08:37:17 »

I went to school with someone with three thumbs, true story!

That's evolution.
We are at the stage where frantic double thumb action on a mobile phone keypad is not enough.
Humans need more thumbs.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 08:50:58 »

That's evolution.
We are at the stage where frantic double thumb action on a mobile phone keypad is not enough.
Humans need more thumbs.

That was 30+ years ago, he was well ahead of his time!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 09:06:06 »

In happier news looks like the Oyston/Blackpool empire continues to be dismantled.... http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2040591-holiday-resort-hotel-brought-to-market-for-9.7m?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NorthWest_17th_Apr_2019_Daily
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 11:54:36 »

I went to school with someone with three thumbs, true story!

I was born with three thumbs. Actually 2 1/2, just from the joint. I wish someone had photographed them before the removal operation when i was about a year old. My right thumbnail is about two thirds the size of my left  Wink
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 12:26:58 »

I was born with three thumbs. Actually 2 1/2, just from the joint. I wish someone had photographed them before the removal operation when i was about a year old. My right thumbnail is about two thirds the size of my left  Wink

Sounds the same as the lad I went to school with, but he must not have had the op as he still had the arrangement at Primary School!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 13:18:33 »

Sounds the same as the lad I went to school with, but he must not have had the op as he still had the arrangement at Primary School!

This is one of those conversations we're reeeeally not going to want fans of other clubs to see.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 13:44:00 »

This is one of those conversations we're reeeeally not going to want fans of other clubs to see.

For the record (and any other fans reading) I went to school in Oxfordshire!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 13:55:40 »

For the record (and any other fans reading) I went to school in Oxfordshire!

Clap

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 15:00:19 »

Bolton confirm they have been sold to Laurence Bassini. A bloke who has been bankrupt twice, and was forced out of Watford,

Oh dear
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 15:31:01 »

This Bassini thing baffles me.
Ok, he's done his time, but does the 'fit and proper' test extend beyond just a proof of funds into evidence of a long term business plan?
The power's that be taking the line of least resistance by the look of it.

Not had a look at their forum, but I wonder if any of their fans are saying it would be better to just fold and start again? A sense of PL entitlement is still fresh for many I guess.

Anyway, fuck em, they were living way beyond their means in the L1 promotion season and crossing 6 lanes (or so it seemed) of traffic to get to the station from the ground wasn't fun.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 15:51:30 »

Ok, he's done his time, but does the 'fit and proper' test extend beyond just a proof of funds into evidence of a long term business plan?

Not had a look at their forum, but I wonder if any of their fans are saying it would be better to just fold and start again? A sense of PL entitlement is still fresh for many I guess.

Anyway, fuck em, they were living way beyond their means in the L1 promotion season and crossing 6 lanes (or so it seemed) of traffic to get to the station from the ground wasn't fun.

Whats the saying about frying pan and fire.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Bassini

The BTL comments on here say it all really..... https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17580329.laurence-bassini-closes-in-on-takeover-at-bolton-wanderers/
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 16:32:31 »

Jed Mc(random surname) passed the fit and proper test, thats all you need to know Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, April 23, 2019, 12:04:25 »

If I were a Bolton fan I would be very concerned based upon his shoe choice alone....

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17584703.welcome-to-wanderers-bassini-rides-into-the-unibol-after-takeover/
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Friday, April 26, 2019, 12:16:09 »

Bury have now been put up for sale, owner saying they need £1.6m over the summer to pay debts, wages etc, but they project to get £180,000 - could be interesting as HMRC are one that is owned and they like their court cases.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: