Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444203 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 21:22:44 »

Me too 4d. Mind you I probably deserved it.

Good point donkey. It probably came from the red bit..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #196 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 21:26:51 »

The tight arse in me just thinks what a waste of mobile data watching a game on your phone!

Going back to the rivalry thing. What always makes me laugh, well cringe, is when fans can’t separate the football team from the town/city. I’ve seen people say stuff along the lines of the fact they refuse to set foot in a rival’s town/city. It’s probably bollocks to try and sound a bit edgy, if true then get a grip of yourself
Thats me with scumville. Ive only ever gone there to watch town or when relatives have needed to go to hospital there. When I go to the game there I won't spend anything other than the ticket. If that's sad, then I'm sad......and proud.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 21:28:29 »

I was shitting myself when Mrs Audrey fancied a house in Watchfield - before I diverted her to Wroughton.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 21:31:04 »

I watched a game on the Extension behind the Bank once, does that count?  It was more entertaining than the Town game and had a diabolical offside decision not given for a goal.  Well, I watched a few minutes of it.

I watched a team warming up on the CG extension in amber and black in 1992. They looked well organised and fitter than the usual teams. It was John Beck's Cambridge It's and the CG pitch was so close to being waterlogged both teams warmed up on the extension. I think Cambridge beat us 2-0 that day.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 21:40:42 »

Got stuffed 4-2 by Accrington this evening.

The gift that keeps on giving
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 22:19:53 »

Got stuffed 4-2 by Accrington this evening.

The gift that keeps on giving

I went to Accrington tonight (working up North), fuck me Pox are shite! Match was woeful for 30 minutes then sprung into life.  Pox were worse up top than we were pre-January & on this performance they're fucked 
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 22:31:32 »

They appear to have a shite defence and nobody to score regularly at the other end. Not a good combo.

Probably weasel their way out of it somehow but the natives are certainly restless.

Third season in League 1 since 2001 and they're falling apart as a club.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 00:32:08 »

I was looking at some stats the other night and it's 16 away games and 0 wins for them. That is pretty bad.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 10:21:11 »

Was it Stoke fans that did the conga on the Bank when we beat them 6-0
Wasn't that the defeat that got rid of Mick Mills as their manager and the whole ground was singing "sacked in the morning" at Mills?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 10:39:22 »

Was it Stoke fans that did the conga on the Bank when we beat them 6-0
It was,  never forget that performance by the Stoke fans, absolutely brilliant,  they were determined to have a good day out no matter what.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 10:46:21 »

They cheered our 5th and 6th
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 10:48:59 »

It was,  never forget that performance by the Stoke fans, absolutely brilliant,  they were determined to have a good day out no matter what.
I think the 374 that were there just wanted rid of the idiot manager Mick Mills, which we achieved with him being sacked 3 days after we stuffed them.

Kamara and Bamber played for Stoke that day, probably the first time I have heard the Town End singing an away players name all game towards Kammy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 22:05:27 »

I think the 374 that were there just wanted rid of the idiot manager Mick Mills, which we achieved with him being sacked 3 days after we stuffed them.

Kamara and Bamber played for Stoke that day, probably the first time I have heard the Town End singing an away players name all game towards Kammy.

Blimey,   can't believe it was almost fifteen years ago,   think the sight of the Stoke fans doing the conga  was one I'll never forget.
Don't think our fans would have reacted in the same way !!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2019, 23:17:29 »

Blimey,   can't believe it was almost fifteen years ago,  

It's actually just about 30 years ago..... time is a relative concept, but to me it does feel like a long time ago.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #209 on: Thursday, February 21, 2019, 09:09:32 »

Blimey,   can't believe it was almost fifteen years ago,   think the sight of the Stoke fans doing the conga  was one I'll never forget.
Don't think our fans would have reacted in the same way !!!.
We did to be fair at a few games when we have been relegated. I remember people dressing for a funeral in our premier league season
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: