Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 102   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The "it could actually be worse" thread ....  (Read 444534 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 14:00:48 »

Ah, yeah that's not cool. Tribalism in football is a fucking cancer. Like I don't understand how you can hate Oxford fans for example. I know quite a few and they're alright, and there's plenty of Swindon fans I think are complete knobs. It's fun to play along with during a match, much like a pantomime.

Don't care if they go bust though - it won't happen but even if it did they'll pop up under another guise in a few years with that renewed sense of optimism.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 14:53:02 »

I’d make good on this one - living in Greece notwithstanding!

Audonis  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 15:08:15 »

Audonis  Smiley
Cheesy Good work 4D!
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 15:35:19 »

Ah, yeah that's not cool. Tribalism in football is a fucking cancer. Like I don't understand how you can hate Oxford fans for example. I know quite a few and they're alright, and there's plenty of Swindon fans I think are complete knobs. It's fun to play along with during a match, much like a pantomime.

Don't care if they go bust though - it won't happen but even if it did they'll pop up under another guise in a few years with that renewed sense of optimism.

A sensible comment

I don't get the idea of hooliganism, it's pointless.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:00:29 »

I wouldn't like to see Oxford go to the wall, much rather they were back in non league.

Franchise on the other hand I'd love to see completely expunged. Not go bust, but totally written out of history.

It's All Good..............
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:06:21 »

100%. I think a lot of the comments get forced out. Frankly, if you asked me now, I'd prefer them to stay up than go down. That's on the basis that we will probably stay down... and I'd rather have a good, healthy day out at places like Wimbledon and Plymouth than having to cower in Oxford's unappealing ground, without the opportunity for a beer or anything, for a total of about 4 hours.

Obviously I understand that things are a bit different with MKD, and I can understand the principle of not wanting to go anywhere near the club. But then we routinely take a bigger following there than we take anywhere else. People will come on here, make all manner of comments about what a disgrace to football the club is... and then ask how much it costs to park at their ground.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:08:00 »

Fuck off Ferret.

I say that on the basis you are still ignoring me
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:09:02 »

Fuck off Ferret.

I say that on the basis you are still ignoring me

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:09:46 »

And another!

Sad bastards

https://twitter.com/georgeoufc93/status/1097880494522417152?s=21
Flashheart

« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:22:37 »

Rivalry aside... that kind of comment is just plain fucking stupid.

Do idiots like that think that Swindon is in some kind of self-sufficient dome? The whole region will be affected. In addition to the suppliers being fucked, there's going to be 3,500 people from Swindon looking for jobs. That includes jobs in surrounding areas and no doubt some in Oxford will be taken by former Swindon Honda employees.

He doesn't look the type to have thought it through, though. 

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 16:57:19 »

Most of those 3500 dont live in swindon anyway, ppl travel miles to work in there. Probably a fair few from oxford and surrounding areas.
Tool
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 17:18:37 »

100%. I think a lot of the comments get forced out. Frankly, if you asked me now, I'd prefer them to stay up than go down. That's on the basis that we will probably stay down... and I'd rather have a good, healthy day out at places like Wimbledon and Plymouth than having to cower in Oxford's unappealing ground, without the opportunity for a beer or anything, for a total of about 4 hours.

Obviously I understand that things are a bit different with MKD, and I can understand the principle of not wanting to go anywhere near the club. But then we routinely take a bigger following there than we take anywhere else. People will come on here, make all manner of comments about what a disgrace to football the club is... and then ask how much it costs to park at their ground. 

I think there's a huge difference between tribalism and hooliganism. Tribalism is an ingrained part of following a team, not just in football either. You have rival teams which you dislike and this adds to the matchday experience when you play them. A victory against a local rival is always sweeter, a defeat always harder to take. I'd hate football to become so sanitised that everyone sits together to enjoy the 'product'.

It's All Good..............
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 17:24:07 »

I'd hate football to become so sanitised that everyone sits together to enjoy the 'product'.
While streaming the live game in the Premier league between Liverpool and Chelsea on their iPhones.

According to the MK forum after their home game with us some MK fans were seen to be live streaming a Premier League game on their mobiles during the match. Something that was not entirely shouted down on their forum as some fans can see the benefit of this. (see the Concrete Roundabout Forum for details).

That is EXACTLY why Franchise should be wiped out from football history ASAP.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 17:25:16 »

TBf I’ve got a champions league game up on my phone before when we’ve been getting dicked at home by some northern no marks

Things get better but they never get good
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 17:30:44 »

I think there's a huge difference between tribalism and hooliganism. Tribalism is an ingrained part of following a team, not just in football either. You have rival teams which you dislike and this adds to the matchday experience when you play them. A victory against a local rival is always sweeter, a defeat always harder to take. I'd hate football to become so sanitised that everyone sits together to enjoy the 'product'.

Yeah, I fully appreciate that. And if there's one thing I hate doing it's sit/stand with opposing fans during a game.

I suppose what I'm getting at is that the hooliganism prevails over the tribalism... and, as a result, the fact that I'm forced to stand around the ground for an hour post-match, before having stones lobbed at the car en route back to the road, dominates my recollections of a particular matchday. Especially if we lose, which no doubt taints my memories of trips to Oxford.

As has been said recently, some people enjoy going to a museum or such like pre-away game, and I most certainly wouldn't enjoy that on a matchday. Each to their own.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 102   Go Up
Print
Jump to: