Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Emiliano Sala  (Read 27308 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 22:17:04 »

sod that, I'd have at least pursued all costs in lieu of wherever % (ours was 30%). it's not like you exchange contracts then suddenly realise ...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 22:28:54 »

Taking the emotion out of it what difference does it make if they haven’t found the body yet? Cardiff owe Nantes the transfer fee, end of.

Sounds harsh and not suggesting Cardiff are trying to pull a fast one but a deal’s a deal with regard to financial side of this tragedy

Knew the money side of things would raise its head, no need for either club to go public about it
Thing is their announcement when they signed him said 'subject to international clearance' and it seems there is confusion over whether he'd officially been registered with Cardiff yet. They've probably been instructed by lawyers not to pay until the investigation is complete which is a fairly sensible position if you take emotion out of it.  This must be unprecedented with the player having never even trained with his new team and would merit going through things slow and cautiously in my opinion.

Bordeaux are owed 50% of it anyway and have said they won't be chasing the money imminently and to be honest it's pretty poor money is even being discussed whilst the AAIB are currently in the process of recovering a body.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 22:35:45 »

Poor form from Nantes, and unprofessional for this to have come out now in public if they had any hand it becoming public. The payment was inevitably going to be disputed. Even if Cardiff end up paying, you would have thought they’d be insured anyway.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 02:51:14 »

Let's make no mistake. I think Cardiff are more than willing to pay but Nantes maybe should have a little bedside manner in what is an absolute tragedy. It's an abnormal event, whereby the players family should be the top of concern. The business side will of course be settled in due course. It could be something as simple as Cardiff awaiting for the insurance paying out.

That isn't Nantes problem but being French, you would think they might take reference from their own National slogan;

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

Especially the 'fraternité' part. "Friendship and mutual support in a group."

It may have been better if they simply released a statement along the lines of "We're assisting Cardiff City with the settlement of the transfer fee and liaising with the family of Emiliano in what is a very difficult time. As football is a world family, we offer and extend our help to our football family. Liberté, egalité, fraternité."

A smidge of empathy goes a long way. Business or not.
Agreed.  What is shocking is the fact that this has leaked at this time to the media. Likely to have come from Nantes.

Bamboo, I'd be surprised if you have any grounds for thinking Cardiff are "perfectly willing to pay".  They will surely be going over everything with a very fine toothcomb.  (Don't tell me you have heard it through the Cardiff Chairman's Dad  Wink).

I understand a transfer is only effective once the player's contract with his new employer has been registered with FIFA.  Assuming that was duly carried out, then there may be several contracts to be reviewed.  I believe French based footballers often need the permission of their club to fly outside of training and matches.

If the first instalment is already due (at least on the face of it), then Nantes will naturally be invoicing it and following it up like any other 5 m. euro debt.  Even more vigorously if they fear Cardiff will be looking for loopholes.

My expectation would be that no payment by Cardiff City will be made for months -just possibly even for years or at all.  The completely unexpected nature of the tragic circumstances will inevitably lead to an extremely contentious and protracted legal "pass the parcel" situation between numerous parties.

As for "fraternity" and money actually being parted with to date, several France Internationals and Nantes players have contributed to the online fund raising to extend the aborted search, notably Kylian Mbappe who weighed in with 30,000 euros.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 08:09:52 »

How would they not know they wouldnt have been able to pay the mortgage off?

God knows. Dodgy solicitor maybe? But our solicitor said it wasn't worth it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 09:28:05 »

I understand that there is also a sell on fee of 50%? payable to another French club (cannot recall who, Bordeaux rings a bell) so that might be rumbling in the background as well (relating to Sala not Sippo's mortgage problems).

Ultimately the guy will be insured, I can understand why the co might delay paying out until salvage is a little further forward, as for the source of the leak who knows, it could equally be Cardiff trying to divert the attention or be shitty about things? 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 09:51:55 »

He was insured, apparently
"Sala was insured by Cardiff after signing for the club on 19 January, two days before his ill-fated flight back from Nantes, where he had returned to say goodbye to his former teammates. It is believed that Cardiff have a player insurance policy of £16m per individual and that Sala was registered under those terms on the morning of 21 January."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/06/nantes-demand-transfer-fee-from-cardiff-city-for-emiliano-sala
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 09:58:14 »

He was insured, apparently
"Sala was insured by Cardiff after signing for the club on 19 January, two days before his ill-fated flight back from Nantes, where he had returned to say goodbye to his former teammates. It is believed that Cardiff have a player insurance policy of £16m per individual and that Sala was registered under those terms on the morning of 21 January."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/06/nantes-demand-transfer-fee-from-cardiff-city-for-emiliano-sala

Nice of Cardiff's PR people to write a piece for the Guardian... at least my recollection about Bordeaux was correct. I note the BBC are now confirming that the body has been extracted from the wreckage so some sort of closure is at least forthcoming for one family?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 15:27:44 »

Agreed.  What is shocking is the fact that this has leaked at this time to the media. Likely to have come from Nantes.

Bamboo, I'd be surprised if you have any grounds for thinking Cardiff are "perfectly willing to pay". 

As for "fraternity" and money actually being parted with to date, several France Internationals and Nantes players have contributed to the online fund raising to extend the aborted search, notably Kylian Mbappe who weighed in with 30,000 euros.

Ahh that's a misquote. I said "I think Cardiff are more than willing to pay" not "perfectly willing". Meaning I think they will pay in time (as you state 'legal "pass the parcel" situation') but not as quickly as Nantes may like. Hence "more than" and not "perfectly".  Smiley

That's good to read. Although it should be an automatic response. I think SAR is something to be bestowed upon around the world. The amount of peril that many of these people put themselves in and potentially their own death too is staggeringly courageous. Whilst many voluntarily (you can't put a price on peril) offer their help, even with those that are paid, no pension or payment can ever really compensate the loss of a life.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 09:22:06 »

Anounced today that the body on board was Sala. No sign of the Pilot.

Did he know something was wrong and jumped ship(or plane) in bit to not go down inside the plane?

Im sure there are 100's of possibilities.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 09:39:39 »

more likely to have been thrown from the plane during the crash I'd have thought, but who knows
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, February 8, 2019, 15:54:37 »

Anounced today that the body on board was Sala. No sign of the Pilot.

Did he know something was wrong and jumped ship(or plane) in bit to not go down inside the plane?

Im sure there are 100's of possibilities.
All the reports I've seen have said that the back of the plane was largely intact and guessing that was where sala was sat and belted in. If it went in nose first I'd imagine the front and therefore his body got detached from the back part. I'm sure the AAIB report in a month will reveal more.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 11:49:26 »

Getting all a bit messy now.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47406109

The whole involvement with Willie McKay seems fishy, he has twin sons who are pro's but from their history to date seem no more than lower league players at best yet both are contracted to Cardiff having joined in Jan 2018 on 2.5 year contracts then disappeared out on loan?
« Last Edit: Friday, March 1, 2019, 12:05:16 by horlock07 » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #58 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 12:06:10 »

Fucking hell. They probably should have arranged a flight for him, but it's hardly the human right's tragedy that that guy is making it out to be.

"The way they've acted so far, they've been a disgrace."

Behave.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, March 1, 2019, 12:23:26 »

Fucking hell. They probably should have arranged a flight for him, but it's hardly the human right's tragedy that that guy is making it out to be.

"The way they've acted so far, they've been a disgrace."

Behave.

S'cuse the source but the mud slinging continues.... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6758293/Leaked-WhatsApp-messages-Cardiff-offered-Emiliano-Sala-commercial-flight.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: