Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Emiliano Sala  (Read 27339 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 19:35:53 »

Still makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm assuming he means the Bill Power crash. No one really knows how that changed everyone on the flight, even though they all survived.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 20:27:04 »

Who is Jim White?
Sky Sports News presenter.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 17:19:39 »

Poor fella, shocking stuff.

Its the sort of thing that happens to STFC.

Similar thing happened to Bristol City way back when, with Dean Horrix, though I seem to remember he played a few games for them having just joined from Millwall?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 17:53:07 »

Search called off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 18:14:55 »

the only hope they had was to be in the life raft Sad
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 18:39:38 »

Guessing if it landed intact on the ocean it would eventually sink without a trace and being so small there would be next to no debris. Very sad.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 18:57:56 »

yeah, but there was a life raft on board apparently, so if they landed in tact they'd have used that.

yes very sad.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 19:04:15 »

yeah, but there was a life raft on board apparently, so if they landed in tact they'd have used that.

yes very sad.
Depends whether they managed to get out of it. Hopefully something turns up one day so the family get some closure.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 19:55:47 »

I flew from Jersey to Guernsey on business once... 4 seater plane. The hood poppednupnand you got in.

Safety talk....there are lifejackets under your seats but if this baby hits the sea there will be nothing left.

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 23:18:08 »

I flew from Jersey to Guernsey on business once... 4 seater plane. The hood poppednupnand you got in.

Safety talk....there are lifejackets under your seats but if this baby hits the sea there will be nothing left.

Had a similar one from Darwin to Alice Springs, basically Up/Down everything else is a mystery. I've never been to the channel islands, any chance the plane veered off and landed somewhere desolate on land?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 09:14:59 »

I've never been to the channel islands, any chance the plane veered off and landed somewhere desolate on land?

I think that was one of the options they were looking into, I've never been either but I don't think they are that remote and desolate as to not have been flown and spotted over during the search?

What I don't get with aircraft, and this also relates to that plane that disappeared in the southern oceans a couple of years back is how they can just disappear without any tracking device to find them, even if it clatters in the sea one would expect any tracker to just stop working or become stationary at a certain point with a certain degree of watertightness for the GPS unit, Christ when I go out on my bike with my GPS unit on my missus can log on to the interweb and track where I am if she so chooses?

heartbreaking stuff for the family not knowing, the presser with the guys sister was not nice, the inane questions from journalists not really helping,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 09:45:08 »

I guess its a cost compared to risk thing Horlock.

Most planes go missing on a flight corridor, mostly in radar contact. Well, from the many "Air Crash Investigates" I've watched it seems to be the case anyway.

Then its a case of working out where, can still a big search area but the black box beacon is a help.

With the MH370 they did use telemetry to work out probable location. But for constant location contact they'd need (multiple) satellite comms, and there are an average of 10K flights in the air.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 10:13:10 »

Guessing if it landed intact on the ocean it would eventually sink without a trace and being so small there would be next to no debris. Very sad.

A plane that small hitting the sea would have been obliterated. Very, very sad. Listening to the whatsapp message was heartbreaking
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 12:00:44 »

I stand corrected. Looks like they've found the plane and a body
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 4, 2019, 12:14:59 »

Grim.

But in another way maybe the best of a bad situation if the body(s) can be recovered.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: