Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 99269 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 14:49:47 »

Whilst all this naval gazing is jolly good fun, talking of Wellens did he say anything of interest during the phone in thingy last night?
He did mention Admiral
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 15:27:56 »

Quote from: horlock07
Whilst all this naval gazing is jolly good fun, talking of Wellens did he say anything of interest during the phone in thingy last night?

only contacted until summer right now.

the current training arrangements is the worst bit of the job.

brexit ate his hamster
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 16:57:35 »

Strangely enough, I sold it today. Going for a sea kayak now.
After all the bad publicity for kayakers and the monkey hangers, I hope you're not planning a John Darwin just when everything is going so well for STFC  Wink

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 10:52:36 »

Not a bad article

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/inside-the-dressing-room-with-swindon-town-manager-richie-wellens-1.975742
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 12:35:19 »

I enjoyed it too, until Wellens spoilt by saying he wanted to manage some club called Manchester United!? Why? Who the fuck are they? Are we not good enough?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 12:46:08 »

Change his name to Riccardo Wellenisimo and they’d employ him.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 12:52:23 »

Anything to be concerned that his family are all still based in Manchester??

How long term would you do a job 150 miles away from home?

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:07:22 »

I don't think Richie Wellens is any different to any manager Town have had in so much as he will leave when the time is right for him or when it's taken a turn for the worse!

In the short term, Salford City irrationally worry me (even if Wellens gets Town promoted). Nice budget, local to him and I think he would get a consistant tune out of them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #338 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:13:50 »

I don't think Richie Wellens is any different to any manager Town have had in so much as he will leave when the time is right for him or when it's taken a turn for the worse!

In the short term, Salford City irrationally worry me (even if Wellens gets Town promoted). Nice budget, local to him and I think he would get a consistant tune out of them.
Absolutely.

He is also friends with Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and Phil Neville, being a couple of years younger than them and coming through the same United teams.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:19:05 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:16:53 »

Can’t see that at all. Why stall your career staying in L2 when you could be enhancing it with a club competing to get in the Championship?

Doesn’t strike me as the ‘easy life’ sort.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:20:58 »

Me too. It’s such a good fit. Unfortunately, I think our best chance of keeping him lies in the hands of Highworth Town Council.  Sad

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #341 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:22:47 »

Me too. It’s such a good fit. Unfortunately, I think our best chance of keeping him lies in the hands of Highworth Town Council.  Sad
Wellens is making a fairly big deal about the training facilities recently. Could be that Power "sold" the club to him with this being one of the deciding factors.

Or Wellens is trying use the media to show the council/s how important he feels it is to the club.

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:26:50 »

Can’t see that at all. Why stall your career staying in L2 when you could be enhancing it with a club competing to get in the Championship?

Doesn’t strike me as the ‘easy life’ sort.

Wellens is almost 40, he has a lot of years left in management and if Peter Lim and the 92ers remain owners then the long-term Salford plan would excite and interest most lower league managers, regardless of where they are located. They're not FGR.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #343 on: Saturday, February 8, 2020, 13:30:45 »

Wellens is almost 40, he has a lot of years left in management and if Peter Lim and the 92ers remain owners then the long-term Salford plan would excite and interest most lower league managers, regardless of where they are located. They're not FGR.
I would suggest that TBH Wellens would be mad not to go if they came knocking. As you say every manager worth his salt in the lower leagues would be interested in getting into that club with their financial backing, even more so if they are based locally to him, which they are.

It would be a no brainer.

I just hope Wellens has seen enough in us as a club that he would stay at a club with a fanbase 5 or 6 times (or maybe more) the size of Salfords fanbase.

Power needs to get his contract tied down ASAP that at least the club would get adequate compensation if he was approached.

Flashheart

« Reply #344 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 15:35:15 »

Not too shabby.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: