Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 100325 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 09:18:32 »

Lots of catering related questions I hope 😆
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 09:30:08 »

What I like about RW is that he obviously has an eye for a player and has had so for a long time, when you consider the number of fairly unknowns that have rolled up here and done brilliantly when it transpired they had contact with Wellens years back.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 09:53:03 »

Pinched from Twitter
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 10:10:21 »

Looking forward to Reg ringing in and explaining to RW how his model of getting in loans and players with history of injuries on the cheap won't work.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 10:12:35 »

Looking forward to Reg ringing in and explaining to RW how his model of getting in loans and players with history of injuries on the cheap won't work.
Yes
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 10:12:40 »

Is Brian from Larkhall still going? I haven't listened to one for years.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 10:14:30 »

What I like about RW is that he obviously has an eye for a player and has had so for a long time, when you consider the number of fairly unknowns that have rolled up here and done brilliantly when it transpired they had contact with Wellens years back.
Reminds me of Macari in that respect...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 10:33:45 »

Why would I do that when what I said was, it had the potential for problems and would test Wellens' mettle as a manager.

Wellens is having his mettle tested now... the policy of loans and players with dodgy fitness records used back in the summer always had the potential for problems.  It was fair enough insofar as it enabled a bit of extra quality to be brought in.

If he can work his way around the current problems and still get some results, then it will look very good on his CV.

I think events showed that there were problems... and that having navigated a path through so far, it does reflect well on him, which has no doubt not gone unnoticed at other clubs.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 11:05:11 »

I hope someone asks about when he's going to sign a contract extension.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:03:09 »

Lots of catering related questions I hope 😆
No need,   much better facilities just outside the ground,  as long as people patronise the facilities inside the ground the longer they will continue to serve up the overpriced cold crap they do.   Vote with your feet if you're not happy.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:09:23 »

Talking of food and drink facilities. The Fish and Chip shop at the end of Drove Road as you get to the Magic Roundabout was closed on Saturday, with a sign saying 'Closed as the machine is broke'. They will be kicking themselves as they would have made a killing on Saturday!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:12:15 »

Talking of food and drink facilities. The Fish and Chip shop at the end of Drove Road as you get to the Magic Roundabout was closed on Saturday, with a sign saying 'Closed as the machine is broke'. They will be kicking themselves as they would have made a killing on Saturday!

They'll be kicking themselves more for having left the last letter off their sign.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #252 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:12:27 »

Bit of an understatement!

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18204185.fire-crews-magic-roundabout-chip-shop/
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:13:39 »

Jesus, I didn't realise that! Luckily it wasn't worse then and nobody was injured!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 14:14:17 »

They'll be kicking themselves more for having left the last letter off their sign.

I think I may have corrected other parts of the sign but broken was spelled that way!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: