Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 100354 times)
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:19:08 »

Promotion will be a hell of an achievement with these body blows. Am still hopeful. What odds in a Town v Bradford play off final?!!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:33:11 »

Promotion will be a hell of an achievement with these body blows. Am still hopeful. What odds in a Town v Bradford play off final?!!

None. We’re going up in autos.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 19:35:22 »

There may be enough teams around Bradford in better form than them as well.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 20:08:54 »

Can someone do a League Table for 1st Feb if everything goes wrong please?  We lose everything by healthy margins and everyone else gets the best they can (some play each other, so many variables are needed to be tested).

I can then judge how we might finish the season if we don't bother to sign anyone - although we did, so fuck, maybe we do a middle of the road scenario where we snatch a draw or something?

Anyone?

All hypothetical of course, and some teams play each other

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 22:30:05 »

On Saturday Exeter and playing Colchester.  Could be interesting.

Thing is, at the end of the transfer window we will know the team we have.  The worst position we could be in is 4th if we lose both games and Exeter, Crewe and Plymouth all win both of their games.  Obviously games in hand will still be in hand.

So at this stage, i'd say, chill out.  Wait and see.  Screaming and shouting about things wont change anything.  (Obviously if we all did this then the debate on the forum would be a little dull).

Never knowingly overstated.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 22:35:18 »

One of the things you have to admire about Wellens is that there have been plenty of obstacles this season and he's kept this team more than competitive.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 22:51:39 »

One of the things you have to admire about Wellens is that there have been plenty of obstacles this season and he's kept this team more than competitive.
It's actually going to be interesting seeing a team without Yates and Doyle in a perverse way. So far anyone who has played as the focal point in this team has scored for fun so will be intriguing to see how much or if at all the system has been able to flatter both Doyle and Yates slightly. If another striker comes in and scores regularly it will be a big endorsement of Wellens style.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 23:20:02 »

If Reg had just added  "if we don't replace them" then all this could have been avoided

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Flashheart

« Reply #188 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 07:13:50 »

It's actually going to be interesting seeing a team without Yates and Doyle in a perverse way. So far anyone who has played as the focal point in this team has scored for fun so will be intriguing to see how much or if at all the system has been able to flatter both Doyle and Yates slightly. If another striker comes in and scores regularly it will be a big endorsement of Wellens style.

I wonder if we've been flattering Doyle. I don't mean to take anything away from the ginger god, but it could be that any half-decent striker will do well here. Yates got 5 in 6 when he was playing in Doyle's position.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 07:31:01 »

I dunno.

He's buried a pretty high percentage of his chances, and only missed a few.

if you stick Woolery up top for a few games do you think he's capable of filling in well enough to replace Yates goals (let alone Pele)?

I'm not confident.

I'm basing this on Woolery being an average div 4 striker - you may of course disagree.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 07:36:52 »

I guess we’ll find out in the next few games.
Flashheart

« Reply #191 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 07:40:22 »

Woolery's not a half-decent striker.

He's decent at other things, but being a striker isn't one of them.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #192 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 08:11:51 »

Woolery's not a half-decent striker.

He's decent at other things, but being a striker isn't one of them.
Unfortunately true, he can head, throw a decent throw in, run, dribble, has decent close control, he is fast can hit a cracking shot from outside the box but he can't yet cross or finish.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 09:23:08 »

Which is why I think he will play with no striker on Saturday, load up the 2nd line with attacking midfielders.  Hope, Doughty, Woolery, DJ and Isgrove.

I fully expect Twine to remain on the bench, until the second half at least.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 09:25:47 by Berniman » Logged

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, January 23, 2020, 09:32:59 »

Unfortunately true, he can head, throw a decent throw in, run, dribble, has decent close control, he is fast can hit a cracking shot from outside the box but he can't yet cross or finish.

Woolery is most effective as a sub. His pace is useful in the last 15 minutes.

if he plays a whole game he's knackered after an hour and his pace is his only real asset.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: