Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 100370 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 22:26:07 »

Not just on the pitch either, he's really energised everything off the pitch as well.

Except for a few individuals, that is.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:07:34 »

Not just on the pitch either, he's really energised everything off the pitch as well.

He's a (very good) manager not a miracle worker
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #122 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:12:45 »

I'll even admit I was very downbeat on the prospect of him getting the job, done a fantastic job though, so far.
I agree, exactly the same for me too.

He has made a good effort at galvanizing our fanbase for the first time in years, well done to him and his team.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:16:18 »

as above
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:28:27 »

But what's it got to do with Richie Wellens..so far, which is supposed to be what the thread is about? Not what could happen if the fucking wheels fall off.

Just for once admit that you were wrong about him and that the has done pretty well.....even if it is only so far.

You seem like the sort who start an argument with themselves in an empty room, however let's try this, my contention is that the current situation Wellens will need to show his mettle as a manager if we are to continue getting results in the current difficult situation. Do you agree with that or disgree?

Further, I contend that a study of our history shows that matters STFC are rarely straightforward. Do you agree or disagree?
normy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 10:39:46 »

He's done a fantastic job, particularly in replacing nearly the whole team with better players than we had before.

ust be the oldest
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 11:07:26 »

He's done a fantastic job, particularly in replacing nearly the whole team with better players than we had before.

On a measly tight wad tax exiles second division budget to boot.
Flashheart

« Reply #127 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 11:10:28 »

On a measly tight wad tax exiles second division budget to boot.

He's done a marvellous job working with an owner that wants to take us down. Power must be fuming that expectations are not being met.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 11:25:13 »

He's done a marvellous job working with an owner that wants to take us down. Power must be fuming that expectations are not being met.

🤣🤣
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 11:51:21 »

Never knowingly overstated.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:49:34 »

You seem like the sort who start an argument with themselves in an empty room, however let's try this, my contention is that the current situation Wellens will need to show his mettle as a manager if we are to continue getting results in the current difficult situation. Do you agree with that or disgree?

Further, I contend that a study of our history shows that matters STFC are rarely straightforward. Do you agree or disagree?
Thought you were above personal attacks..... I agree with both. But, once again, what has any of that got to do with Richie Wellens.. SO FAR?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 13:51:15 »

The last tie he was faced with a "crisis", we went on a superb run of form.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:03:48 »

We're top and playing much better football than we have for several years.

One specific thing I like about Wellens is that his substitutions usually seem logical and with a purpose.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:11:40 »

Thought you were above personal attacks..... I agree with both. But, once again, what has any of that got to do with Richie Wellens.. SO FAR?

Not really a personal attack... more a case you seem to agree with what I'm saying and then saying I'm wrong about WEllens because he's done pretty well.

I think I've been generally supportive of Wellens, apart form questioning his 2 statements last season about being too reliant on loans and having squad players he can't use, and pointing out we seem to have the same this season.

OK, so far it hasn't affected matters, but earlier in the thread I did say by mid Jan we'd probably have a better of idea of how the rest of the season will shape up, as these issues resolve themselves one way or another. Not quite there yet.
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:16:12 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, January 9, 2020, 14:13:14 »

One specific thing I like about Wellens is that his substitutions usually seem logical and with a purpose.

He doesn't always get the tactics right to begin with, but he does spot when there is a problem and sets about fixing it. How many managers have we had that just stand there seemingly oblivious as to why we aren't winning?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: