Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 99267 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:28:04 »

He asked him if he wanted to go out on loan to gain match fitness Reg, he’s said god knows how many times he’s training but not up to speed.

But if you're fit,  but not 90 mins fit and wanted, you can come off the bench, and work your way up from that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:21:06 »

In any case he's been a disappointment/chocolate teapot thus far.

A bit racist  Wink 

But if you're fit,  but not 90 mins fit and wanted, you can come off the bench, and work your way up from that.

Do you, in the absence of stiffs these days any number of players go out on loan after injury to get match fit.  This is all getting a little tin foily hats.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:24:16 »

that's not what I... oh.. you
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:37:55 »

A bit racist  Wink 

Do you, in the absence of stiffs these days any number of players go out on loan after injury to get match fit.  This is all getting a little tin foily hats.

Marc Richards would be similar to Toumani.... missed pre season, got back to fitness but needed getting match fitness, we eased him back becasue we wanted him, I don't think Wellens wants Toumani.

We don't have enough players to be using loans for various purposes, we're not a Chelsea or Man City, when we loan someone other than an occasional youth loan. It's usually because they're being moved on as not required.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:44:36 »

Marc Richards would be similar to Toumani.... missed pre season, got back to fitness but needed getting match fitness, we eased him back becasue we wanted him, I don't think Wellens wants Toumani.

We don't have enough players to be using loans for various purposes, we're not a Chelsea or Man City, when we loan someone other than an occasional youth loan. It's usually because they're being moved on as not required.

I'll by all means engage if you keep to the facts

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 15:57:39 »

I tried to avoid asking you to provide examples of any numbers of players after injury who go out on loan , but seeing as you insist... go on then.

Further, while you're at it back up your rofling with examples of in recent years where we've loaned out someone, who we want to keep... I'll give you Vigs to get started with....

PS.  I'll give you 9 from what might be called the Power years who've been loaned out as surplus to requirements, just to keep to the facts.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:25:14 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 16:55:46 »

I tried to avoid asking you to provide examples of any numbers of players after injury who go out on loan , but seeing as you insist... go on then.

Further, while you're at it back up your rofling with examples of in recent years where we've loaned out someone, who we want to keep... I'll give you Vigs to get started with....

PS.  I'll give you 9 from what might be called the Power years who've been loaned out as surplus to requirements, just to keep to the facts.

Google is your friend.

FWIW I was actually making then point that after playing bobby big balls on facts the other day you were once again engaging in rampant speculation to support the conspiracy being peddled.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 17:13:39 »

Google is your friend.

FWIW I was actually making then point that after playing bobby big balls on facts the other day you were once again engaging in rampant speculation to support the conspiracy being peddled.

No, what I was doing is what I always do... try and back up the speculation with some sort of factual evidence, in this case, the evidence is that you can find 9 Power era players who have been loaned out prior to moving on, the odd youth loan like a Twine who may or may not be under contract next season, but none where someone not fit has gone out to try and get fit and then come back in.

Now, of course, because it's not happened before doesn't necessarily mean it can't happen this time, but in terms of the rigour required on a football forum, the weight of evidence leans to Wellens not seeing Toumani as part of his immediate plans for whatever reason
Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 10:22:35 »

I can't remember the last time I wanted a manager to succeed as much as I do with this guy. He's pushing all the right buttons on and off the field. It's such an improvement over vague musings about microwaves and the like.

Just hope it translates into performances and results on the pitch.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 10:24:27 »

I think a good start is needed. Our fans lack patience. Will we go up? Who knows, it certainly looks a lot more promising.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 10:29:05 »

No, what I was doing is what I always do... try and back up the speculation with some sort of factual evidence, in this case, the evidence is that you can find 9 Power era players who have been loaned out prior to moving on, the odd youth loan like a Twine who may or may not be under contract next season, but none where someone not fit has gone out to try and get fit and then come back in.

Now, of course, because it's not happened before doesn't necessarily mean it can't happen this time, but in terms of the rigour required on a football forum, the weight of evidence leans to Wellens not seeing Toumani as part of his immediate plans for whatever reason

I find it funny if anyone challenges you your first response is the ' I always back up the speculation with some sort of factual evidence' as if you are trying to convince yourself that what your saying is actually believable......

And to be honest some of that 'factual evidence' is flimsy or loose and thats  being generous..
Flashheart

« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 10:34:23 »

Please let's not turn this into another Reg-fest.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 11:05:45 »

Please let's not turn this into another Reg-fest.

I think what I posted in this thread stands up as factual.... predicted 12th/13th place finish.  Players are loaned out when not required, other than youth loans.  Robertson and JMcG post Jan examples.... nobody loaned out to find fitness.

I'm happy leaving it there.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 5, 2019, 11:08:02 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 11:42:53 »

I can't remember the last time I wanted a manager to succeed as much as I do with this guy. He's pushing all the right buttons on and off the field. It's such an improvement over vague musings about microwaves and the like.

Just hope it translates into performances and results on the pitch.

Couldn't agree more to be honest, he comes across extremely well and really admire his efforts to connect with the community and get the youngsters involved, it goes a long way. So refreshing to be heading into the season with a plan of action, and with a squad that is going to be ready to go on the first game of the season, as opposed to the last few years where everyone is still settling in at the start! Let's hope this positivity will give us a much needed boost and get us out of this ghastly division.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 5, 2019, 11:43:58 »

Couldn't agree more to be honest, he comes across extremely well and really admire his efforts to connect with the community and get the youngsters involved, it goes a long way. So refreshing to be heading into the season with a plan of action, and with a squad that is going to be ready to go on the first game of the season, as opposed to the last few years where everyone is still settling in at the start! Let's hope this positivity will give us a much needed boost and get us out of this ghastly division.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: