Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 99766 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, January 26, 2020, 19:35:27 »

I get the feeling Wellens wants to feel the club are willing to match his ambitions. Especially re our own training facility.

Quite rightly, he sees it as an essential for continued success.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:24:54 »

So, after probably our best January window certainly that I can remember, although doubtless there was one back in 1789* that was better, and it now apparently not being difficult to see things ending in a good way, can we now agree that Wellens (and Jewell) is actually a fucking genius?

* Yes I know it was only introduced in the early 2000s
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 20:34:25 »

So, after probably our best January window certainly that I can remember, although doubtless there was one back in 1789* that was better, and it now apparently not being difficult to see things ending in a good way, can we now agree that Wellens (and Jewell) is actually a fucking genius?

* Yes I know it was only introduced in the early 2000s

Well in my nearly 50 years of supporting the Town, he is certainly up there with Macari and Di Canio for connecting with the fans and Hoddle and Ardilles for attractive football, albeit at a much lower level. If we can keep him for 3 years, then I believe we can get back to the Championship and Wellens can get a plum job in the Premiership. Very impressed so far and long may it continue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 22:41:19 »

Not been this hyped about the club since Di Canio. Went round mum and dads for a curry after the game and just drove home singing Swindon songs to the annoyance of the missus. Not done that since Sheff U.

Absolutely loving it. The crowd there today tells you everything about Richie Wellens...so far.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 22:45:13 »

It’s an interesting one and he’s done a top job but the pressure is actually on him now. He’s been given everything that he wanted in this window so no excuses now, but I think he’ll be good with that pressure as well.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 22:57:13 »

It’s an interesting one and he’s done a top job but the pressure is actually on him now. He’s been given everything that he wanted in this window so no excuses now, but I think he’ll be good with that pressure as well.

Everything is there for him to get us up now. I think this squad would do well in League 1. Wellens doesn't strike me as a complacent type of gaffer. Options to switch players all over the pitch if they're falling short of standards.

Will stick my neck out and say we'll get better between now and the end of the season and win the league by 8-12 points.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 00:33:57 »

One of the most satisfying elements is that we've got a manager who is not only very competent in his role but he's level headed and is constantly learning but also actively willing to and utilising it with his team.

I'd hedge a bet that he'll manage in the top division one day. For such a young manager, he's as tactically astute as a seasoned boss. We're lucky to have him, albeit the club has given him that chance to demonstrate what he has when he could have easily drifted into backroom coaching after his Oldham stint.

He seems a loyal bloke, hopefully, if we get promoted he gives it another year at least, as not only has he built a talented squad, who clearly play for him and each other, he'll also be given the chance by the powers that be, which he'd be lucky to get elsewhere.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 08:53:45 »

Seeing as RW was next choice behind Phil Brown it does make me wonder where we would be now had he been given the nod and what Power must be thinking.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:10:12 »

Definitely such a good feel factor around right now which Wellens has to take full credit for, would be very happy if we sorted a new contract out for him sooner rather than later.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 10:24:02 »

Not been this hyped about the club since Di Canio. Went round mum and dads for a curry after the game and just drove home singing Swindon songs to the annoyance of the missus. Not done that since Sheff U.

Absolutely loving it. The crowd there today tells you everything about Richie Wellens...so far.
I initially read that as 'since PDC went round mum and dad's for a curry'.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 20:38:16 »

Paolo loves a bhuna
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, February 2, 2020, 20:48:07 »

I initially read that as 'since PDC went round mum and dad's for a curry'.

Haha. What a dinner guest he'd be.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 08:15:41 »

He will inevitably have offers, and may have offers that are closer to home for him. All we can do is try to match his obvious ambition, by going for it next year too, if we go up. Unless we do, he can justifiably say thanks and move on. He talks of the “project”. We have to show him there is one!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 09:02:52 »

Fans phone in tomorrow, 6pm
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 3, 2020, 09:07:31 »

Why have we signed so many good players?

What’s Power up to?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: