Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 53273 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 16:53:46 »

Agree with pretty much everything that's been said. Credit to Wellens for changing things when we were facing an onslaught, he switched the formation bringing Rose on for Doughty and Tranmere didn't really create much from then on. Impressed with Anderson who I usually find frustrating, and Woolery looked dangerous running at his man too. Also thought Broadbent looked pretty strong at the back. Should probably avoid long range shots in future though.

Excellent result. Hope we can keep it going.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 16:54:00 »

Fantastic result
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 16:54:19 »

Ace. Well done Town!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 16:54:51 »

well, it's taken me 90 minutes to make me switch from 'no chance' to 'maybe' for the playoffs.

no, no, stop being silly..
but 7 out of 9 points..
but we don't have a striker..
but the window isn't shut yet.

aaaaaagh
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 16:58:18 »

Having slept on it, i have decide that not only will we win the above games, we will also beat Franchise.
3.1 win today.

That’s one.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 16:59:01 »

Excellent all round team performance, really dug in at the end to come away with 3 points, yes there are weaknesses but many many more positives.

Tranny had 20 to 25 mins of being on top otherwise we barely looked threatened at the back.

Some big performances from Woolery, Anderson and Broadbent today. Carroll looked a bit lost at right back but looked excellent when moved in midfield, McCourt, Doughty and Dunne all had poorer 2nd half that 1st half.

Defensively much better but I would still like Sid alongside Broadbent and Knoyle at right back, Koiki looked excellent going forwards but a bit suspect defending, understandable as its his debut but he did ok really as he was targetted by them.

Anderson and Woolery are linking up so well and teams just can't play them when they are on form with pace and trickery and both putting the ball into dangerous positions in the box but with nobody on the end of it.

Richards played ok but is not the player he used to be. Doughty very upset at being taken off and showed that to Wellens but he went missing in the 2nd half.

Vigs wan't really at fault with anything today, the goal he could not have done much more with and his coming for crosses was again very good and his distribution was good too today.

Great win at a team that have only lost once before at home in the league this season and we made them look 2nd best at home almost all the match.

Didn't really notice Rose much after his introduction, Knoyle looked pretty solid when he came on and Taylor probably didn't get that close to the ball in his cameo.

Well done Town.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:01:36 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:00:07 »

well, it's taken me 90 minutes to make me switch from 'no chance' to 'maybe' for the playoffs.

no, no, stop being silly..
but 7 out of 9 points..
but we don't have a striker..
but the window isn't shut yet.

aaaaaagh

Well it was a clutch game and a six pointer.... so job done.

It certainly won't have done the newbies any harm, but now we need to turn the home form, which has been somewhat worse than away all season.  Crawley's a good chance, but with Macc etc winning a few they're starting to look in danger, which might wake them up. Win say 5 of the next 6 or so, and we'll be back in the mix, and taht might do something for the GD.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:01:07 »

Fantastic win. We have picked up points off several difficult fixtures; 3 at Silks, 1 at Imps, 3 at Trannies. 7 from 3 2.33pts per game...some would say that is play off form.

I great opportunity to kick that on against a poor Creepy side next. They lost to Vale today too.

Great results all round, not that we all look at them but 6 teams above us all lost today;
Dongs
Exeter
Tranny
Colchester
FVR
Oldham

Only Stevenage and ourselves won and we are now 4pts from the POs. Beat Crawley, which on today's showing, we should and we are no longer under the radar but in the hunt.

Maybe, just maybe this squad is just coming to form at the right time.

Get in you beauties!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:03:42 »

. Win say 5 of the next 6 or so

Yeah, its still tough. The games in hand others have are still a factor. Win next week at the FGR game becomes a big one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:06:23 »

oh and good subs from Wellens today. Didn't think he got got it right last week, very much made to for it this.

Carroll looks good in midfield.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:08:23 »

it is always one game at a time but if the play offs are such a stretch then my glass half full says we'll be entering them with momentum....and we know what that means.  COYR Pint
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:09:29 »

Wellens did well today, making good changes which had immediate impact.  I like him so far, still some gaps that need plugging and we have to hope House is a better version of Richards, but he seems to have figured out ways to get the players performing more as a team.  You get a sense they know what they are supposed to be doing, most of the time.

Won 5, Drawn 4 and lost just 2 since that Carlisle game where he took advice from someone around how to set-up.  That form would see us in the play off hunt with a game or two to go if we can sustain it.  Hopefully today is more what we should expect than Exeter was.  He's added players who have seemed to add something to the side.  

Koiki has pace and put in some good balls - needs work on positioning and not switching off.
Caroll looked very good in midfield today and can do a job at right back.
One game only, but Broadbent looks much better than Lancashire or Conroy.
Rose only had 30 minutes but looked tidy and seemed to bring order to the team
House we haven't really seen but for a great assist, by getting in the right positions

Hopefully they all kick on from here.  If Anderson and Woolery can play like they did today around House upfront (if he is that player) then we might be able to get that monkey off our backs of not being great around the box.  We also seem to be shooting a little more often now.

I think Knoyle will start the next game and we have options to rotate in central midfield to keep them all fresh and on their toes.  Get Nelson in to bolster the central defence with an option and we might be on to something.
Sir red ken

« Reply #222 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:10:35 »

We are now just a prolific striker away from a playoff challenge, but this is stfc, so I'll stick to 4 more wins and we've retained our league status for another year.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:10:44 »

Booking the 24th May off work. Just saying.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:11:48 »

Yeah, its still tough. The games in hand others have are still a factor. Win next week at the FGR game becomes a big one.

Still a lot to do, but this win at least means that probably for the first time since the early few games we can start to look up.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: