Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 52812 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 22:26:22 »

Steve Vickers, now there is a player who could make our team worse.

The matchday programme for that play off game at their gaff had a good old jab at those past issues between us, they really did seem annoyed by it all.  The post match was amazing though, so odd they still carry that grudge.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 22:52:44 »

Well, it kinda worked last week, in as much as we didn't lose. Tranmere away, they are in a fairly good position with good recent form. I'd definitely take a point.

Nice work 4D. When we were 2 down last Sat I kept thinking about this thread and the shame.

I haven't really got excited about this fixture. Last week I put forward questions on line-up and then all came out as no.

Surely doughty looks hungry enough to start?
Toumani with an extra week of training to be bench minimum?
Luke McCormick must be seeing these errors from vigs and wondering if it's his chance soon?
No idea if House is fit enough to be back in so assuming we stick with Richards?

As with every week now this season is hanging on us winning matches like these. Iv been missing the commentary for the away games but my new DAB radio (used for macclesfield) has a 100% record. For this reason alone I'm going again for a 2-1 win. looking forward to seeing broadbent have a goal scoring debut

edit* just seen Toumani transfer rumours.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 18, 2019, 22:55:26 by singingiiiffy » Logged
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 23:52:55 »

3-0 Town ! Fullers ESB induced forecast.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 01:18:38 »

I remember winning at Prenton Park 5-3, just about 50 years ago. It was a Friday night, Tranny used to play then, to try and get a few who would otherwise go and watch the proper Scousers on a Saturday. At least they've binned that nonsense. A similar scoreline today would do..... I'm not sure I can remember another one since.
garystfcjeans

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 03:02:37 »

2-1 town new signings looks good I went to them playoffs many moons ago our pyhsio  ken Morris with tears in his eyes after a great win, great night  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 05:30:28 »

Given the newbies anybody like to hazard an XI for tomorrow?

Difficult to call given number of recent signings, but subject to fitness levels, I would go with the following:

McCormick

Knowle
Woolfenden
Broadbent
Koaki

Carroll
Rose
Doughty

Anderson
Woollery
House

Suspect however that Wellens may stick with Vigs, Conroy, Dunne, McCourt and Richards - all whom I would have on the bench alongside Taylor and Twine.

cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 06:31:02 »

Difficult to call given number of recent signings, but subject to fitness levels, I would go with the following:

McCormick

Knowle
Woolfenden
Broadbent
Koaki

Carroll
Rose
Doughty

Anderson
Woollery
House

Suspect however that Wellens may stick with Vigs, Conroy, Dunne, McCourt and Richards - all whom I would have on the bench alongside Taylor and Twine.

I would tend to go along with this line up although i would stick with Vigs in goal.

Difficult place to go and get a result but we do have pace up front. If only we had a goal scorer !
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 08:10:44 »

2-2 Norwood for them and  doughty and  house for us. Yuck
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 08:21:46 »

Think we’ll play well today but ultimately I think Tranmere will nick it 2-1.

I know play-offs do seem a long way off (it looks like we are planning for next season, which is great of course) but today is a bit of a 6 pointer with the Birkenhead side.

If we can come away with 3 points today, we have the emenantly winnable game against Crawley next week and so we could be only 2-3 points behind the play off pack at 5 next Saturday.

It will be interesting to see the starting line up today. Safe journey to those that travel.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 08:23:25 »

We will win tomorrow, and then beat Crawley and Forest Green.
The promotion push starts tomorrow.

Having slept on it, i have decide that not only will we win the above games, we will also beat Franchise.
3.1 win today.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 08:27:26 »

Judging by the video that the club put on YouTube of yesterdays training there is no TD, McGlashan or Taylor in the squad. As none of them are training and Taylor isn’t even cone collecting.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 08:57:11 »

Woken up with a bit of a buzz today for the first time in a while regarding Town. Not too sure why but hope it's still there come 5pm.

COYR.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 09:41:02 »

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring in front of 3,355 with 382 Town fans there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 11:20:31 »

Pre match dey don't do dat dere do dey in The Brass Balance.
Must remember to fuel on the other side of the river in future.

Everyone remembers the cuddly Tranmere fans after the PO semi final.
They weren't too happy after our reinstatement to Div 2 cost them a promotion.
Or after the floodlight failure game. A display of lit cigarette lighters at subsequent visits here.
Still chuckle at the 5 yellow cards, all for dissent, in the rearranged game.
Or maybe they are just naturally gobby in this part of the world.

Was heading back to the River Styx and relative safety after the Fabrizio game.
A car load of cheeky chappies slowed up.
"What was the score?" said they.
"3-1" with broad grin said I.
"Focken twat" said they driving off, probably to do a job.
Managed to escape Birkenhead without being shot at by a BB gun or squelched by a high powered tomato launched from a catapult.

Anyway. Serious about still making the playoffs offs?
Then it's must win today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 12:23:35 »

Or maybe they are just naturally gobby in this part of the world.
You need to ask? Cheesy

I have been to Prenton Park more times than any other away ground as my dad lived in Runcorn for 25 years so it was a convenient place to stay over before a Friday(as it always used to be) or Saturday game, I have been there 12 times and a few of those being THE coldest games I have ever been to!

The game was often around my and dads birthday (21st Feb) so we both went to the game as he couldnt get to many games at the end of his life so I took him when we were up there. It was always fog, rain, snow and strong winds...often in the same game!

One game the day after my and my dads mutual birthday the Friday 22nd Feb 2002 (a dull 0-0 draw) was appallingly cold and wet and it started snowing half way though and was -4 pitch temperature at the end. Horrible. It was the first time my missus had ever been to a match and was reluctant to come along to another for a while!

Most of the fans up there are gobby but not bad and the play off games were very special.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 12:25:33 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: