Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 52808 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:06:16 »

Well, it kinda worked last week, in as much as we didn't lose. Tranmere away, they are in a fairly good position with good recent form. I'd definitely take a point.
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:09:12 »

I'll take a point as well.

Even if the new boys are the dog's bollocks, it will still be too soon to expect too much from them.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:09:45 »

yup. a point would be good.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:11:21 »

We will win tomorrow, and then beat Crawley and Forest Green.
The promotion push starts tomorrow.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:14:47 »

Quagmire has gone balls out..  like it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:23:21 »

I'll take a point as well.

Even if the new boys are the dog's bollocks, it will still be too soon to expect too much from them.

Bugger that if we are not 2 up in 5 minutes I will be booing the lot of them!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:26:28 »

1-2 win. Play offs here we come.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 14:39:29 »

Tranmere away brings back some good memories. Pre match chugging in The Clipper, put through the ringer, Swindon style, for 90 minutes before scraping through to Wembley. Tranmere fans were class that evening.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:10:02 »

Tranmere sit in 9th place on 42 points, 3 places above us with 5 more points.

Their current form is WLWLWDDLW (including a 7-0 home defeat by Spurs last week.

At home they have suffered a single league defeat against 1-0 to Newport with 8 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat scoring 17 but conceding just 5 goals at home in the league.

In the cups their home form has been patchy losing to Walsall, Crewe, Man City U21 and Spurs.

They are just as likely to ship lots of goals as score them after conceding 6 to Shrewsbury, 5 at Grimsby, 7 home to Spurs and they have had one 5 goal win at home Crawley.

Tranny have the leagues leading scorer in James Norwood with 19 goals, their 2nd highest scorer is Connor Jennings on 8, ex Town striker Mullins is on 6 goals in 3rd place.

Some fans have a rather large chip on their shoulder from years back...
well once again we play the not so great - rock n roll swindle town. there is no way we can allow such a cheating team such as swindle to get the double over us. for what they have done in the past - they should be thrown out of the league and dumped in national league south. in both legs of the play off semi finals - we were cheated out of perfectly good goals and also when we were winning 2-1 at their place in a top of the table clash the floodlights failed and we lost the replay. if I am correct- james Norwood currently has 79 goals for Tranmere rovers - so there is no better team to get number 80 against. I am going for 2-1 to Tranmere with the lord and ollie banks against his old team to score.

Every prediction on their forum so far has said a Tranny win ranging from 3-0 to a scrappy 1-0.

Our form in the last 10 games has been WWWLDDDLWD if we can start turning some of those draws into wins then who knows.

Swindon have won their last 4 visits to Prenton Park but lost the previous 5 visits with just 6 wins up there in 28 games losing 15 times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 15:58:40 »

Some fans have a rather large chip on their shoulder from years back...
Their biggest gripe, of course, is that when we were demoted to the 3rd Division it was Tranmere who were to be promoted to the 2nd Division in our place. As we were subsequently only demoted to the 2nd Division (or, rather, denied promotion to the 1st Division), they had to stay down in the 3rd.

They're probably right about the disallowed goal at our place in the play-offs, but I don't recall the one at their place, unless they are talking about when Digby saved at one point and the ball may or may not have crossed the line.....impossible to see from the TV coverage.

I can't believe they are still bitter about the floodlight failure. Fuck me, it happens. Get over it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:39:44 »

Their biggest gripe, of course, is that when we were demoted to the 3rd Division it was Tranmere who were to be promoted to the 2nd Division in our place. As we were subsequently only demoted to the 2nd Division (or, rather, denied promotion to the 1st Division), they had to stay down in the 3rd.

They're probably right about the disallowed goal at our place in the play-offs, but I don't recall the one at their place, unless they are talking about when Digby saved at one point and the ball may or may not have crossed the line.....impossible to see from the TV coverage.

I can't believe they are still bitter about the floodlight failure. Fuck me, it happens. Get over it.

Fuck em... I remember sticking some $ in a bucket before we played them in a Tuesday night in 82, so that the game could go ahead or similar as they were skint and couldn't pay for the coach. I felt that may have been remembered by some of their lot for the decent response at the PO game.... but then I recall being back of the Arkells, at a protest post match v Tranny, when their fans came round waving imaginary tenners.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 16:44:29 »

Pound notes maybe Reg. Not tenners, no chance...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 17:30:29 »

Pound notes maybe Reg. Not tenners, no chance...

It was about 06, don't think oncers were still around then. Neither were giro cheques which the fake Scousers were more likely waving
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 18:30:21 »

Given the newbies anybody like to hazard an XI for tomorrow?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 18, 2019, 20:04:58 »

Aldridge clearly pushed the defender.  Digby saved the shot. If they are annoyed with anyone it should be the guy responsible for four of the five goals we scored in the tie -  Steve Vickers.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: