Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 53776 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 00:17:13 »

True, but on Tuesday it could go out to 6 as FGR host Grimsby.... we could do with the Mariners getting something

They also host Mansfield the Tuesday before they come to us. So they’ll be level on games by the time we play them.
All we can keep doing is winning games, it’s no good looking at the table with all the games in hand to be played. If we are within touching distance at the end of February then we can get excited.
For what it’s worth I think we will be, I fancy us to win 4 or 5 on the spin.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 00:24:58 »

We have a fairly difficult February and March, but having looked at the fixtures, our last 6 games sees us play the teams currently in 20th, 12th, 19th, 14th, 21st and 24th.
If we are still within 4-6 points off at the end of March then there is every chance of us sneaking in.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 00:27:11 »

Great result and well deserved by the sound of it.

Wellens out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 00:37:51 »

Not moaning, but it would be nice to win a game by more than 1 goal - the old ticker ain’t getting any younger. Could this be the pivotal game of our season?

Apparently, we’re top of the league when it comes to points gained from losing positions.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 00:57:29 »

Still a lot to do, but this win at least means that probably for the first time since the early few games we can start to look up.

Been out, as is the etiquette after a win against serious play off contenders. It almost felt like shades of promotion seasons gone by but fuck me, Reg...this is the most positive Town based, league positional reference I've ever read from you! Have you pinched my rose tinters while I was out?

Love it! I can only say that from this extrapolation of positivity, that we are going to now go on and gain automatic! Smiley

Come on Reg, I think I can almost see the corners of your mouth curling upwards, akin to the knowing smile of yesteryear, when a dashing young filly from the East of Europe, fluttered her eyelids and says to you...."Town only come, when they're on top!"  Soapy Tit Wank

Waheeyyuuv?! Yes I'm inebriated!
Oh what a bit of positivity does for the soul!

C.O.Y.R!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 01:12:37 »

Not moaning, but it would be nice to win a game by more than 1 goal - the old ticker ain’t getting any younger. Could this be the pivotal game of our season?

Apparently, we’re top of the league when it comes to points gained from losing positions.

You moaning cunt 😉 You're on the verge of moving to a hot country, a win against potential play off rivals and you want more! You greedy cunt!  Soapy Tit Wank Soapy Tit Wank

I fully expect a full TEF based Town promotion house warming party invite in may if we deliver promotion and at least one 3-1 win between now and the end of the season!

Deal? 😂😂

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 01:35:45 »

They also host Mansfield the Tuesday before they come to us. So they’ll be level on games by the time we play them.
All we can keep doing is winning games, it’s no good looking at the table with all the games in hand to be played. If we are within touching distance at the end of February then we can get excited.
For what it’s worth I think we will be, I fancy us to win 4 or 5 on the spin.

I hadn't clocked the Mansfield game... certainly a biggy.  Sort of thing which might tempt a few Town fans along... however it's one of those games in hand things where someone will get a point or points. As things stand, you'd want that to be Stags, but it might change and won't sit well with the Flitcroft haters.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 01:49:01 »

Been out, as is the etiquette after a win against serious play off contenders. It almost felt like shades of promotion seasons gone by but fuck me, Reg...this is the most positive Town based, league positional reference I've ever read from you! Have you pinched my rose tinters while I was out?

Love it! I can only say that from this extrapolation of positivity, that we are going to now go on and gain automatic! Smiley

Come on Reg, I think I can almost see the corners of your mouth curling upwards, akin to the knowing smile of yesteryear, when a dashing young filly from the East of Europe, fluttered her eyelids and says to you...."Town only come, when they're on top!"  Soapy Tit Wank

Waheeyyuuv?! Yes I'm inebriated!
Oh what a bit of positivity does for the soul!

C.O.Y.R!

A win should always be celebrated in traditional fashion.

As regards East European ladies on top...

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 07:50:40 »

Whatever...

Maybe this might help you?

It's a massive bug bear of mine as well. you see on so many occasions that a full back will make a good tackle and win the ball back then blindly whack it down the line straight to an opponent who can put a decent cross in. all the good work ruined.

these are meant to be league standard players but I think a lot of them have ability but are thick as shit.

putting a ball out of play has almost become unglamourous and they try to not only win it back but play out of trouble to look even better
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 07:53:43 »

oh come on, clearly he didn't do it on purpose, but that is the very definition of a 'my nan could have scored that' sitter.

thankfully we can laugh about it now.

I’m not defending a glaring miss, infact i’m still wondering how he missed it. However, at our level these type of chances are more likely to be fluffed due to the overall quality of the players ability.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 08:42:31 »

Once again, we’re averaging more away points per game than we did in the di Canio title season. With anywhere near credible home form we would be right in the mix. Crawley have lost 11 of 14 away games and we really must win next week if we’re to put up a challenge.

In view of how quick we’ve been to remind ourselves how shit we’ve historically been against Cheltenham etc, it’s only right to point out, post match of course, that we’ve won our last 5 visits to Tranmere. Plus 6 wins and a draw from our last 7 home meetings. Very impressive.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 08:45:00 »

oh come on, clearly he didn't do it on purpose, but that is the very definition of a 'my nan could have scored that' sitter.

thankfully we can laugh about it now.

Seems bizarre that he didn’t try to head it?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 09:19:00 »

Maybe this might help you?

It's a massive bug bear of mine as well. you see on so many occasions that a full back will make a good tackle and win the ball back then blindly whack it down the line straight to an opponent who can put a decent cross in. all the good work ruined.

these are meant to be league standard players but I think a lot of them have ability but are thick as shit.

putting a ball out of play has almost become unglamourous and they try to not only win it back but play out of trouble to look even better
Haha! So he had the ability to put the ball in the net but he didn't actually realise that was what he was supposed to do - I suppose you have to put that down to poor coaching  Doh ...he missed a sitter - straightforward observation, no big deal (we still won) but - I refer to my previous point - whatever  Cheesy
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 09:38:59 »

Wellens said a few weeks back that we would see the best of this team come end of January.
Certainly signs of that with the last two first half performances, but it will take the new signings a few games to bed in.

A very good shape to the team yesterday, particularly in the first half.
Impressive to restrict Tranmere to very little on target apart from the goal.
Get in front, then play mainly on the counter in the second half. Ideal game plan for playing away.
Signs that Anderson and Woolery are developing an understanding as well.

A long old day but well worth the effort in the end.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, January 20, 2019, 09:42:56 »

From the trusts post on Twitter.
Run in

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: