Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tranmere v Swindon pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 53772 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 17:53:23 »

In the space of 90 minutes we've gone from 7 points "off" to 4.
Forgive me if I don't think the play offs are beyond us.

True, but on Tuesday it could go out to 6 as FGR host Grimsby.... we could do with the Mariners getting something
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:02:05 »

Started off saying he wanted 2 then said that is probably being greedy, finished by saying he wants 1.

Praised Richards and spoke about gradually building him to full fitness
To be fair Richards is the sort to go on and score in 3 or 4 in consecutive games.

Still hoping for a Power deadline day special though.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:03:24 »

True, but on Tuesday it could go out to 6 as FGR host Grimsby.... we could do with the Mariners getting something
Or we could reduce it 3 (2 or 1) when we play them at our place in a few weeks. All a lot of if, buts or maybes but life's better when you try to have optimism rather than just finding a negative.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:27:49 »

I could listen to Welllens talk all day. Knows his onions. Reckon he’d get a bit feisty after a few sherberts as well

2 will go out this week - trying to get Romanski a loan at a Conference club

Wants 1 more - a ‘wildcard’ wide player who can create something out of nothing
I'd like to see us go for Enzio Boldewijn at Notts County. Very good for Crawley but just doesn't seem to have happened for him at NC.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #244 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:29:51 »

Shame Power didn't go with his gut and appoint Wellens in the summer. How did Broadbent get on?
Calm, collected made a couple of good defensive headers, only made one small mistake that wasn't latched upon, his long passing is as good as I have seen from any defender for Town, a good outlet always looking for the ball and took on his man a couple of times too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:30:01 »

Fantastic result today long may it continue. Beers
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:32:56 »

Calm, collected made a couple of good defensive headers, only made one small mistake that wasn't latched upon, his long passing is as good as I have seen from any defender for Town, a good outlet always looking for the ball and took on his man a couple of times too.

Thanks very much. Early days I know, but would you say he's better than Nelson?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:34:11 »

Unbeaten since the match day thread has been started on a Friday, and do think Wellens is getting all the accolades.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:38:50 »

Thanks very much. Early days I know, but would you say he's better than Nelson?
Very different type of defender to Sid, yes a better footballer but not as brave as Sid, they would compliment each other TBH.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:59:28 »

As with every week now this season is hanging on us winning matches like these. Iv been missing the commentary for the away games but my new DAB radio (used for macclesfield) has a 100% record. For this reason alone I'm going again for a 2-1 win. looking forward to seeing broadbent have a goal scoring debut

early thread unbeaten run, 2-1 score prediction and 100% radio win record continues. happy days!

really good result and hopefully we can carry on building on this momentum
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 18:59:45 »

And you've gone one better, credit where credit is due, Wellens has done OK but 4D is very much the hero of the hour here

French
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 19:23:46 »

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/11612225/tranmere-1-2-swindon
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 19:23:48 »

Or we could reduce it 3 (2 or 1) when we play them at our place in a few weeks. All a lot of if, buts or maybes but life's better when you try to have optimism rather than just finding a negative.

An interesting philosophical point, but for me FGR's game on Tuesday now comes into view... it's rather like what I posted ealrier about being intersted in other games in our league.... obviously there are those not interested, but for me I'll be hoping the Mariners do us a favour, it is that simple. How I like my philosophy.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 19:34:05 »

Great result today. The radio seemed to suggest Anderson worked his socks off, which is good to hear. Not a massive fan of his shaking head reaction to Doughty’s goal. It’s a team game Keshi.
Flashheart

« Reply #254 on: Saturday, January 19, 2019, 19:38:38 »

I'm really coming to peace with Anderson and Woolery not being goalscorers. Both of them have so much else to offer. As long as we do have others that can stick the ball in the net, we'll be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: