Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superbowl LIII  (Read 29927 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 01:07:58 »

So, the 49ers are certainly not making it any time soon.

Given this years one is just up the road from me I thought I'd look to see how much you'd need to stump up for a seat, especially as I have used those seats already for Atlanta Utd games.  $3,400+ for tickets!!!!!!  Who the fuck can afford to watch the game live, even through official channels, the lowest price is $950 this year.  For $3,500 ish you can get official hospitality.

Looks like it will be a lifetime of watching on the box.  Might have to try and get to a Falcons game next season and hope the 49ers have found a defence, and an offence.

Anyone have a team in the play offs?  I sort of hope the Chiefs win, but their defence is probably not good enough for one off games with pressure.
Combe Up

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 06:53:26 »

Who's the half-time entertainment this year? Question not a statement.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 08:26:39 »

My Denver Donkeys are also finished for the year unfortunately.

Son is a huge fan and thinks Chiefs are the team this year. I agree with RobertT about 'D' being most important during the playoffs. So that would point towards Ravens, Bears or Chargers. However, I wouldn't bet against the Pats again (even though they have been poor this year).

Saints vs Chiefs after a repeat of Saint vs Rams would be awesome!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 09:47:07 »

Anyone have a team in the play offs?  I sort of hope the Chiefs win, but their defence is probably not good enough for one off games with pressure.

Always had a soft spot for the Houston Oilers.
Mainly because they were useless in the early to mid 80's and some of fans used to wear paper bags over their heads at games.
Keep an eye out on how the Titans do and also the Texans who have just lost in the play offs.
The joy of NFL franchises. Head Hurts

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 09:55:34 »

go Bears! ok not really watched NFL for about 20 years but even so
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 09:58:30 »

Me neither until this season, and got back into it.  Form, and the story would be the Colts, but it will probably be the Patriots.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 10:24:11 »

The best teams to watch at the moment are without doubt, the Chiefs from the AFC (their D may not be the best but it's a case of 'you score 40 and we'll score 50') and the Rams/Saints from the NFC (can't really separate them).

I wouldn't be shocked if none of those teams made the Superbowl though (although a little surprised), such is the unpredictable nature of the Play Offs. And of course you should never EVER write off those Patriots, even when they're not necessarily at their best.

The Rams v Chiefs game a few weeks ago has to be a candidate for the best game ever. I certainly don't remember seeing a better one. A rare occasion where the Chiefs got out-scored...(54-51, insane)

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 10:58:12 »

Bears for me! Not sure Trubisky is ready yet but the defence can win any game.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 11:04:19 »

My Falcons disappointed so for me it’s anybody but the Saints (and Pats obviously).

Would be happy with either Bears/Chiefs/Rams taking it
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 11:21:06 »

I'd like to see the winner of Chargers v Ravens go on to win, otherwise the Bears for the rock solid defence. It'll probably be the Pats.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 11:31:24 »

Eagles fan (since 2013 - Sam Bradford, mark Sanchez, chip kelly - not a bandwagoner!) play offs is wide open. I don’t have faith enough in Andy Reid that the chiefs won’t end up getting in their own way - I think either Patriots (history/belicheck) or ravens (form/defence) get there from the afc

Nfc is anybodies - Although I’d put saints as favourites due to being at home throughout. Don’t fancy the rams - they’ve lost all of the big season defining games they’ve played these last two years

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 12:11:49 »

Whacked some money on the Chiefs after their first quarter of the season, so would like to see them win.

Ravens are my team - so would obviously be happy with a Ravens win but can’t see them getting past the chargers.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 12:21:30 »

I'm pretty apathetic about who wins as long as it's not the Pats.
Any of Rams, Saints or KC in the final would be good to watch on their offences alone.

That said I'm a bengals fan, I'll continue to be amazed at QB's not choking in the playoffs

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 12:26:31 »

I'm pretty apathetic about who wins as long as it's not the Pats.
Any of Rams, Saints or KC in the final would be good to watch on their offences alone.

That said I'm a bengals fan, I'll continue to be amazed at QB's not choking in the playoffs
I never knew that bennett, me too  Yes ...I'm waiting on the outcome of their Head Coach search with great anticipation. Having gotten ride of Marvin after so, so long I hope we're not disappointed yet again. I'd love it to be Bieniemy from KC or one of the Rams coaches they're interviewing. Please not Hue Jackson though  Suicide
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 13:45:05 »

Whacked some money on the Chiefs after their first quarter of the season, so would like to see them win.

Ravens are my team - so would obviously be happy with a Ravens win but can’t see them getting past the chargers.

I think the Ravens stack up well against the Bolts.  A Ravens win wouldn't surprise me at all.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: