Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macclesfield v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 35405 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 20:41:03 »

Not really. It clarifies that we are better than the dross in this league and not good enough to challenge for the POs.

We are a bang average mid table team.

Thinking more of where we're going with the available personnel... Can Wellens get that bit extra out of some of the lads we have who flatter to deceive? Or will tey have to be binned off as no good and start again?
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 20:43:08 »

He has been poor for weeks and has just seemed intent on arguing with team mates. I honestly don't think he's been putting the effort in either so not surprised he was dropped.

Didn’t travel on the team coach bus to Swindon. Doughty and Vigs on the 1756 back to Euston. Suppose if they are London based it would make sense.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 20:58:30 »

If Adebayo learns how to use his body up against a defender he will go on to be a very good championship striker

Things get better but they never get good
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 21:14:12 »

Will Evans just scored a 95th minute equaliser for Chesterfield..  Fair play

He saved a penalty too!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 21:23:09 »

Think today is one of those where getting the points is all that mattered....

Isn’t that the same for every game?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 21:41:34 »

Isn’t that the same for every game?

Not really.... take the Lincoln game coming up next Sat, nobody would expect us to get anything, so anything a bonus. No today made that free hit possible because a loss and when we were a goal down and Vigs fucked up, that was a distinct possibiity we'd have been back closer to the drop zone, than PO's albeit on GD with oppo having games in hand.  Further would have been no win in 6, you need to break these poor runs, which happily we did.

We find it difficult to beat teams in this Div 4, think it's only 1 win v a top ten side, and that when 9th placed Tranny were reduced to 10, so it becomes more important to beat the clutch of teams below us to keep them there.

Interestingly of the remaining home games where we struggle, after Lincoln, they're mostly against teams below us in the league 7 of the 9.  So a possibilty for improvement, although Cambridge who are looking poor beat us easily, so perhaps a bit of a strtch to hope for too much

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 21:57:17 »

That Cambridge game got brown the sack - I wouldn’t use that as a foolproof barometer

Things get better but they never get good
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 22:29:43 »

Does anyone know where i can listen to Wellens & Powers interviews please? Cheers.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 22:38:44 »

Still no posts from the cast of Sesame Street, what a surprise, we must have won.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 22:40:26 »

Does anyone know where i can listen to Wellens & Powers interviews please? Cheers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06vfw80
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 22:51:29 »

That Cambridge game got brown the sack - I wouldn’t use that as a foolproof barometer

Plus we’ve won the remaining 6 of the 7 games that we’ve played against the current bottom 6 sides. A point which has been conveniently ignored, in order to focus on the negative.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 23:17:02 »

Plus we’ve won the remaining 6 of the 7 games that we’ve played against the current bottom 6 sides. A point which has been conveniently ignored, in order to focus on the negative.

Everyone has their opinion of course and I'm accused of being a "happy clapper" or "rose tinter" but the fact several still harp on about fucking "relegation trapdoor" or "FL Blackhole" is beyond me. We're currently a middling L2 side with an segment of fan base which feels our rightful FL position is possibly in a division above, challenging. Right now we aren't but I see no reason why we shouldn't be getting behind the team (especially after an away win) and giving the lads a boost to mount a play off challenge. Toxic environments go hand in hand, which creates a vicious circle of "who can we blame", whereas a little bit of positivity now and again can help to achieve great results.

7pts from 7th & 6th, 10pts from 3rd. If we have people still bumbling on about relegation, some 15pts away then we can fly the flag for fucking POs and auto until it's not mathematically possible  Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, January 5, 2019, 23:18:09 »

Still no posts from the cast of Sesame Street, what a surprise, we must have won.
It's pretty great isn't it?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 00:06:26 »

Not really.... take the Lincoln game coming up next Sat, nobody would expect us to get anything, so anything a bonus. No today made that free hit possible because a loss and when we were a goal down and Vigs fucked up, that was a distinct possibiity we'd have been back closer to the drop zone, than PO's albeit on GD with oppo having games in hand.  Further would have been no win in 6, you need to break these poor runs, which happily we did.

We find it difficult to beat teams in this Div 4, think it's only 1 win v a top ten side, and that when 9th placed Tranny were reduced to 10, so it becomes more important to beat the clutch of teams below us to keep them there.

Interestingly of the remaining home games where we struggle, after Lincoln, they're mostly against teams below us in the league 7 of the 9.  So a possibilty for improvement, although Cambridge who are looking poor beat us easily, so perhaps a bit of a strtch to hope for too much

I have no idea what your point actually was in all of that?

Why is our result against Lincoln not the only thing that matters against Lincoln?
Are you suggesting you’d be happy with a defeat but a good / entertaining performance and that points don’t matter because Lincoln are above us?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 00:12:17 »

Everyone has their opinion of course and I'm accused of being a "happy clapper" or "rose tinter" but the fact several still harp on about fucking "relegation trapdoor" or "FL Blackhole" is beyond me. We're currently a middling L2 side with an segment of fan base which feels our rightful FL position is possibly in a division above, challenging. Right now we aren't but I see no reason why we shouldn't be getting behind the team (especially after an away win) and giving the lads a boost to mount a play off challenge. Toxic environments go hand in hand, which creates a vicious circle of "who can we blame", whereas a little bit of positivity now and again can help to achieve great results.

7pts from 7th & 6th, 10pts from 3rd. If we have people still bumbling on about relegation, some 15pts away then we can fly the flag for fucking POs and auto until it's not mathematically possible  Pint Pint

Most of the relegation stuff is just egotistical bullshit.

Let’s apply some logic. As you suggest, we are slap bang in the middle. After 24 we had won 8 drawn 8 lost 8. After 27 we have won 9 drawn 9 lost 9. Consequently, we are in the top half... by 1 goal.

If only the top 2 could get promoted, and 4 of the bottom 7 could get relegated, then yes, there would be absolutely no chance of promotion, and an outside chance of relegation. Fortunately it’s the other way round. So, as you suggest, we have no chance of relegation, but an outside chance of promotion, and should enjoy this for as long as it lasts.

This is not a difficult conclusion to draw, but sadly some drama queens will still prefer to keep dropping hints that we are on the verge of some kind of implosion... without going so far as to predict that we will lose a match in the process.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 6, 2019, 00:15:45 by ferret » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: