Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC finances... yet again.  (Read 19134 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:14:33 »

Am I supposed to have a crystal ball or better, access to the current set of this financial years accounts?

I don’t know what you’re after, a precise date?

Just a general time will do.....  your model might explain how, whilst we generated some funds from  sales, we managed to maintain Div 3 football, but once they dried up 2 and a half years ago we gradually slid down the FL.  Certainly there's no obvious incoming fee player on the horizon.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:17:45 »

Just a general time will do.....  your model might explain how, whilst we generated some funds from  sales, we managed to maintain Div 3 football, but once they dried up 2 and a half years ago we gradually slid down the FL.  Certainly there's no obvious incoming fee player on the horizon.
You lower the wage bill accordingly and become a bang average league 2 club. Which is what we currently are but then you know that!
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:23:42 »

Fucking hell, it ain't rocket science.

Power has stated that we are breaking even. Surely 'breaking even' won't be to be explained. Presumably, player sales and other additional revenues will go toward Power paying himself what he owes himself. It will then be up to him what he chooses to spend from his money on new players, projects etc.

You may or may not believe Power, and that's fine, but why try to make out it's implausible when it just fucking isn't? 
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:24:53 »

Theakston’s got it, I’m not going round in circles anymore
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:58:34 »

Fucking hell, it ain't rocket science.

Power has stated that we are breaking even. Surely 'breaking even' won't be to be explained. Presumably, player sales and other additional revenues will go toward Power paying himself what he owes himself. It will then be up to him what he chooses to spend from his money on new players, projects etc.

You may or may not believe Power, and that's fine, but why try to make out it's implausible when it just fucking isn't? 

Who are you talking to?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 13:00:09 »

I looked up the accounts recently, and posted about them.  They show Power has paid down a fair chunk of initial investment, which was probably the player sales.  They show a club that seems to be spending what it earns but not losing hand over fist like it used to (as much as can be told from the limited returns we need to provide companies house anyway).  They also showed a new asset for the club, which I presume is the Training Ground - either a wholly owned asset or, more likely, the value of the leasehold.

They certainly would suggest we cut our cloth according to our income these days.
Flashheart

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 13:02:58 »

Who are you talking to?

I'm talking to you. The others clearly don't need it explaining to them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 13:10:42 »

I'm talking to you. The others clearly don't need it explaining to them.

So you agree as I said Power uses the money from any extras like player sales as he sees fit...

OK, it is a matter of belief, my belief is that Power having said he's here to make money sees the club as one of his business interests, and he can use any money generated as he sees fit.

No particular evidence that the playing side has been one of the areas he's seen fit.
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 13:16:39 »

So you agree as I said Power uses the money from any extras like player sales as he sees fit...

I have not disagreed. I don't think anybody here has.

What is being pointed out to you is how we don't 'need' player sales to survive. At least not at this level.

Well the Flint money however much it was, came from a source of recruitment outside of Powers work.... so a windfall.

The question is still relevant.... if sales help keep us going at what point with no sales, do we become unviable?

^It's that question that people are answering.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 13:18:00 »

The problem is that any significant - for us - money that has been spent on either buying the odd player or higher than average wages for a free transfer has largely been wasted.

Norris, Anderson, Woolery, Doughty, Dave(?) - probably a few more.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 15:08:00 »

I have not disagreed. I don't think anybody here has.

Abrahammer suggested that the monies from Luongo, Byrne etc, went on running costs rather than being extra, that was the discussion....
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 16:14:08 »

OK, it is a matter of belief, my belief is that Power having said he's here to make money sees the club as one of his business interests, and he can use any money generated as he sees fit.

To project your belief, we haven't had a player sale for 2 and half seasons now.... I'm discounting the Flint windfall.... in your view does there become a point where the club tips into oblivion, as if sales are needed to keep us going as you say, logic dictates without any as is curently the case we cannot survive.  When does this happen?

23rd of March 2027
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 16:17:25 »

23rd of March 2027

Bit of a bugger then, you'd probably have wanted to get back to the CG for the first time in 15 years for a bit of first game father and child bonding.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 16:20:23 »

Bit of a bugger then, you'd probably have wanted to get back to the CG for the first time in 15 years for a bit of first game father and child bonding.

We’ll go to the phoenix club AFC Swindon.
Start a fresh.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 16:23:08 »

We’ll go to the phoenix club AFC Swindon.
Start a fresh.

That could be really good for the bonding.... you never know DV junior might make a player.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: