Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC finances... yet again.  (Read 19031 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 19:23:48 »

What price would you be happy for Burnley to table for him (PFCC tribunal would cover it anyway as he's under 24) if it were to be true?

This also leads me to the reason a club like Exeter generally competes confidently in L2. They had Empandu to Chelsea compensated to a value of £2.5m (£1.4m already) and a 20% sell on, at last seasons end. The season before they sold Ollie Watkins for around £1.9m, and the season before that was Matt Grimes for £1.7m. This season looks like Jayden Stockley could go for £1m.

£6m over 3.5 seasons (with more to come from the Empandu deal), is the kind of transfer turnover Power would mess his trousers over. At this level.

What is more incredible is that in 2014, they needed to seek help from the PFA to pay their players wages...

Anyway back to the faux Ian rumour. I'd accept £150k for him.

Exeter though clearly put some of that money back into the club.... having spent £3.5 mill on ground improvements.

We seemingly derived no great benefit from the sales of Luongo, Byrne etc.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 19:33:19 »

We got a golf course. What more do you want?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 19:36:42 »

We got a golf course. What more do you want?

Power got a golf course, and possibly a club in Ireland.... we got relegated and a mid table Div 4 perch, for now.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 19:42:49 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 09:11:10 »

Exeter though clearly put some of that money back into the club.... having spent £3.5 mill on ground improvements.

We seemingly derived no great benefit from the sales of Luongo, Byrne etc.

Well apart from covering the running costs of the club
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 09:33:12 »

Well apart from covering the running costs of the club

So you're happy that the player sales like the two mentioned, Gladwin, Louis and Ajose and one or two other bits and pieces, went on running costs.  Fair enough, you're entitled to your beliefs.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 09:50:23 »

So you're happy that the player sales like the two mentioned, Gladwin, Louis and Ajose and one or two other bits and pieces, went on running costs.  Fair enough, you're entitled to your beliefs.
Not sure i see where he said he was happy/ He answered your question
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 09:51:40 »

I like having a club, we all know player sales help keep lower league clubs going

A part of said money was alsp reinvested in the playing staff as well
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 10:47:27 »

I like having a club, we all know player sales help keep lower league clubs going

A part of said money was alsp reinvested in the playing staff as well

OK, it is a matter of belief, my belief is that Power having said he's here to make money sees the club as one of his business interests, and he can use any money generated as he sees fit.

To project your belief, we haven't had a player sale for 2 and half seasons now.... I'm discounting the Flint windfall.... in your view does there become a point where the club tips into oblivion, as if sales are needed to keep us going as you say, logic dictates without any as is curently the case we cannot survive.  When does this happen?
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 11:22:30 »

Why are you discounting the Flint money? it’s come from a player sale we made

I said that sales help keep a club going, not dependant on them.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 11:27:17 »

OK, it is a matter of belief, my belief is that Power having said he's here to make money sees the club as one of his business interests, and he can use any money generated as he sees fit.

To project your belief, we haven't had a player sale for 2 and half seasons now.... I'm discounting the Flint windfall.... in your view does there become a point where the club tips into oblivion, as if sales are needed to keep us going as you say, logic dictates without any as is curently the case we cannot survive.  When does this happen?
No what you do is you lower the budget accordingly, which is what we've done is it not?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 11:35:08 »

I bet Tactics cut of the Luongo/Byrne money was high. Probably more than went into the club’s coffers.

One presumes Power keeps within budget. I don’t doubt for a minute if owning the club was costing him money he’d drop us in an instant. It’s the only logical conclusion to his repeated aim is to make money from owning the club.

He really shot himself in the foot by admitting that, though.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 11:50:33 »

I bet Tactics cut of the Luongo/Byrne money was high. Probably more than went into the club’s coffers.

One presumes Power keeps within budget. I don’t doubt for a minute if owning the club was costing him money he’d drop us in an instant. It’s the only logical conclusion to his repeated aim is to make money from owning the club.

He really shot himself in the foot by admitting that, though.
Probably. Reality is our turnover is about £3 million. With the 55% rule and almost certainly no equity injections to get around it that leaves a maximum playing staff wage budget of £1.6 million. As unbalanced as our squad is there's 17 senior pro's plus 5 or 6 academy graduates so I don't doubt for a second we've spent most of that £1.6 million, we've just spent it poorly and have hangers on like Robertson and Lancashire who are stealing a wage now. There's no glamour in sustainable football sadly!
« Last Edit: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 11:52:31 by theakston2k » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 11:57:47 »

Why are you discounting the Flint money? it’s come from a player sale we made

I said that sales help keep a club going, not dependant on them.

Well the Flint money however much it was, came from a source of recruitment outside of Powers work.... so a windfall.

The question is still relevant.... if sales help keep us going at what point with no sales, do we become unviable?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:05:31 »

Probably. Reality is our turnover is about £3 million. With the 55% rule and almost certainly no equity injections to get around it that leaves a maximum playing staff wage budget of £1.6 million. As unbalanced as our squad is there's 17 senior pro's plus 5 or 6 academy graduates so I don't doubt for a second we've spent most of that £1.6 million, we've just spent it poorly and have hangers on like Robertson and Lancashire who are stealing a wage now. There's no glamour in sustainable football sadly!

My perception is that your figues seem about right..... the budget is generated by season ticket sales, further gate receipts, sponsorships and FL handouts etc.

When those drop the following season's wage bill will drop, meaning less likelihood of a bonus sale or a decent cup run for some extra cash.

By way of idle speculation, it would have been interesting to have seen what the reponse crowd wise would have been to a cup game v Watford at the weekend.
Abrahammer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, January 3, 2019, 12:05:50 »

Am I supposed to have a crystal ball or better, access to the current set of this financial years accounts?

I don’t know what you’re after, a precise date?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: