Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC conspiracy theories  (Read 3129 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 20:48:10 »

Stonewashed Shaun said on the radio earlier that our top two striker targets are one from non-league and one from a higher division. Doesn't narrow it down but interesting to know.

Neil Harris has also confirmed that Millwall have recalled all loan players. States some will be around the first team and others sold.

Shaun Hodgetts needs to grow some bollocks and start questioning the club regarding fans concerns
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 22:38:03 »

Shaun Hodgetts needs to grow some bollocks and start questioning the club regarding fans concerns

Oh but they likely don't want to rock the boat and lose the bi-annual pre-screened fan phone ins...  No

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 08:06:20 »

The Exeter fans seem to think he may be "rested" and I feel we have a betetr chance of winning today if he is missing, but we will see.
Oh well, that didn't quite work out!!
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 08:48:38 »

Hodgetts does ask 'awkward' questions. I think it was in the last phone in Hodgetts asked him about the 'judge me in 5 years' comment. To suggest it is pre-screened to make it kind to Power is also demonstrably false. Remember the Park Life guy? Every time there's a phone in people ask 'awkward' questions, yet after every one people ignore it happened. I actually lost interest in the phone-ins because of crap like that. Some of us just are not interested in the Kostiuk-esque crap.

It's also those that tend to be the most vocal behind a keyboard that don't take the opportunity to call in during a phone in. I think it's just easier sometimes for people to hide behind conspiracy theories. What questions do people want asking that haven't been asked a gzillion times already anyway? Do people want Hodgetts to repeat their 'Where's the cash gone" mantra for them.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 10:03:21 »

The phone ins are definitely non screened. I’ve been on 3 times and nobody asked what my question was beforehand.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 10:06:46 »

Perhaps they could refresh it, perhaps rename it as the moan in?
Flashheart

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 11:34:22 »

I think the problem with some is that they expect the phone-in to be ONLY negative. Not everybody agrees, though, and the BBC need to cater to everybody, not just one segment of the fan base. Then, because they don't get what they want, people start coming up with conspiracy theories. It's perhaps easier that way than just accepting not everybody has the same opinion (and that their opinion is not necessarily the right one). They complain about the calls being vetted (which isn't true), yet I'm sure many of those complaining would be happy for only negative calls to be allowed.

After that Park Life guy was on, some were lauding him as some kind of legend. He caused quite a stir in some circles, despite him being somewhat pathetic (my opinion, of course). Within a day or two, some of those same people that were lauding him for 'giving Power a hard time' on the phone in, were complaining that such calls were not allowed. Dissonances on steroids.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 11:34:59 »

Anyway, moving this. This is for transfer rumours, not conspiracy theories.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 11:38:36 »

To be fair to Hodgetts he picked up my question from Twitter (on loan interest) and asked it for me (was working)

ok the response was weak, but not sure what else they can do but ask.

In any case, if Power answers  the questions will he be believed. Probably not by many.

Though the club are breaking their own charter by not holding a fans forum - and I disagree with that being the format of a radio phone in.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 12:00:54 »

Though the club are breaking their own charter by not holding a fans forum - and I disagree with that being the format of a radio phone in.

Quite!  I have always thought that the Club use the Hodgetts phone-ins as a way around meeting the requirements of Regulation 115 (repeated below). If so, it doesn't meet the spirit of the regulation IMO.

"115         Supporter Engagement

115.1     Clubs shall hold at least two meetings/fans forums per Season to which its supporters (or representatives) are to be invited in order to discuss significant issues relating to the Club. The framework for these meetings shall be documented in the Club’s customer charter, but are subject to the following minimum criteria:

115.1.1  Clubs must be represented by the Club’s majority owner, board director(s) or other senior executive(s);

115.1.2  where meetings are not open to all supporters wishing to attend, the supporter representatives must be elected, selected or invited in line with basic democratic principles; and

115.1.3  individuals cannot be excluded by the Club without good reason (the Club acting reasonably)."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 12:04:54 »

from our own website. the underlined but shows why BBC wilts powrr hour isn't fulfilling this, and notice wheezle words in bold

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2017/apr-2017/stfc-customer-charter/

23.FANS FORUM

The Football league have introduced a new regulation where by clubs are committed to meeting regulation 111 Expert working group (EWG) supporter Ownership and Engagement discussion.

Swindon Town will be holding a minimum of two fans forum meetings per season with details of which being published on the official website and social media channels once dates for the forums have been agreed.

This will be an opportunity for fans to attend the ground and have their say on significant issues regarding the stadium. The meetings will be held by Club Directors and Senior Executives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: