Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OI OI ITS A MATCHDAY THREAD - SUHWINDON TOWN VERSUS EXITER CITY  (Read 32528 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 14:30:23 »

You seem to assume the club stopped using the training facilities at Wanborouh out of choice. They didn't, PGL decided not to renew the contract. So it might be you didn't get an answer to your "challenge" because it was based on a false premise?
Then your assumption would be wrong.... I know that is hard to believe.

I'm fully aware of the history, rather I'm trying to help Venkers in his quest to find a reason for the home form being so poor.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 14:47:27 »

There is a distinct whiff of decay around the whole club. 5 years of decline has to lie at Power’s door and I reckon it’s his perceived ‘couldnt give a fuck’ attitude that has infected everything.

Possibly so, although his couldn't give a fuck attitude seems to be rubbing off on many supporters who are also at best ambivalent about the whole shit show, there are many number of posts on various forums Facebook etc saying 'I won't be going until things change' although unless you expect him to constantly put his hand in his pocket (which he isn't going to do) it ain't going to change unless fans invest in the club.

I know this is a skewed point, but the days of the community club are long gone and supporters need to adapt, clubs are wealthy (at least compared to you or I) peoples play things and that's just the way it is, which is acceptable to many whilst the team is winning , I am not sure that supporters have ever even heard Abramovich's voice), yet I don't see loads of Chelsea fans whinging that he doesn't do a monthly phone in. Its like a favourite bug bear of mine, namely when people moan that an owner won't spend 100's of K's on 'x' player then in the next breath moan like hell that burgers have gone up 5p.

Ultimately football is a business now, do I like it, not particularly and that's probably why my interest (not just in Town but the game generally has fallen through the floor in the last 12 months.

Power owns an asset of sorts and what he chooses to do with it, in real terms, has extremely little to do with us all, its bleak but that's life sadly. Probably the greatest opportunity to retain the clubs community soul was lost first when St Fitton of Hungerford buggered over the fan shareholders and then extinguished when Jed took over as possibly one of our weathly fans could have got the club for a song but chose not to (we hear about these wealthy people but I still don't really get how a man of little brain without two pennies to rub together managed to get his act together but no one locally could?)

Happy New Year!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 14:53:36 »

Sir Jeremy of Wray that pissed Black off.

I'm sure there are better (and worse) prefers to be had out there. Just got to see it through.

Don't have a problem with fans complaining though. it's natural
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 15:36:26 »

OK Venkers, I've looked at the numbers, we moved to Beversbrook in June 15.... so since then we've had 3 and half seasons there, which has produced a home record of P 82, W 30, D 20 L 32.

The previous 3 and a half at Wanborough produced a home record of P 82, W 48, D 18, L16.

Is that enough to be considered significant  Hmmm
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 15:51:05 »

I personally think all the players should live within a few miles of the club they play for and train in or around the town too.

But thats just my personal opinion and I am sure some fans will say thats old fashioned and so 1990 but its just how I personally feel, I expect I am pretty much on my own though.

I think players need feel part of the community but then others will probably say that a large proprtion of of fans aren't based in or close to Swindon so why should it matter with players?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 16:15:52 »

OK Venkers, I've looked at the numbers, we moved to Beversbrook in June 15.... so since then we've had 3 and half seasons there, which has produced a home record of P 82, W 30, D 20 L 32.

The previous 3 and a half at Wanborough produced a home record of P 82, W 48, D 18, L16.

Is that enough to be considered significant  Hmmm

It's a Calne thing isn't it, I haven't seen a victory in five years  Embarrassed
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 16:59:21 »

Aren't our home results over the last few years just down to us being a bit shit? The stats just reflect that the playing staff is of a lesser quality than they were over 3 years ago?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 17:03:00 »

I'd guess an analysis of how home form vs away form has changed over that period would highlight whether the dip in home form was down to that - or to the factors Reg & others have suggested.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 17:10:14 »

Aren't our home results over the last few years just down to us being a bit shit? The stats just reflect that the playing staff is of a lesser quality than they were over 3 years ago?

It is highly likely.... but why is the playing staff of lesser quality, is it simply to do with ever reducing wage budgets.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 17:12:07 »

Yet the away form, even this year, is above average.
diggers

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 17:17:18 »

Maybe the current players just cannot deal with the Cauldron like atmosphere of a packed Country Ground?! Wink I think it's a combination of everything.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 17:31:23 »

I'd guess an analysis of how home form vs away form has changed over that period would highlight whether the dip in home form was down to that - or to the factors Reg & others have suggested.

In the period since the move to Beversbrook the away form reads P 82, W 25 D 19 L38.   In the 3 and half seasons prior to the move P82, W 32 D18 L 32.  The away from has dipped, but not as much as the home form.
REDBUCK

« Reply #177 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 18:56:53 »

Maybe the less talented players have been set up to defend and counter rather than attack to win.

Those figures would be interesting if it's done by manager over those years

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 20:24:41 »

Isn't the home form poor because you have to have that bit more skill to break down teams that are defending? To do that you need a player or two with a bit of 'magic'.

When away from home the opposition take more chances and are vulnerable on the counter. Therefore you don't need as much 'magic' to unlock the defence.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Wednesday, January 2, 2019, 23:40:06 »

'Can you feel the magic?!'

* Schamoo.jpg (16.66 KB, 360x270 - viewed 168 times.)

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: