Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OI OI ITS A MATCHDAY THREAD - SUHWINDON TOWN VERSUS EXITER CITY  (Read 32710 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:08:00 »

McCourt needs to stop shooting every time he gets the fucking ball.

Well obviously not every time, but he does have a decent shot and we do need goals from other sources, so I think he should be encouraged to shoot, OK be judicious, but not worry too much when a few fly over the TE.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:10:03 »

you fuck off
I'm with Red Frog, you only pop up when we're shit. I long for a promotion push just so that we don't hear your repetitive negative shit.

As for the game we lack Power at both ends of the pitch, the fact I don't remember our last headed goal speaks volumes and as a team are far too light weight. We all know that we need a centre back (probably 2), a left back and a powerful striker as a minimum. With Alzate gone we also now need a creative midfielder. Quite the shopping list unfortunately and again highlights how poor Browns summer recruitment was.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:10:50 »

Not read back
Lots of decent possession in the first half but no cutting edge.
Soft pen for them, what the fuck Vigs was doing passing to Nelson god only knows. Put your foot thru it ffs.
Only one result after that, despite Anderson's glaring miss.

Puts the bollox of play offs to bed hopefully, if we signed Man City we still wouldn't make it.

3 points out of 12 in the festive season  Suicide

Hopefully puts the bollocks of relegation to bed too?

Tbf, being 7pts from the POs before today, playing the team in 7th was hardly "play-off bollox". Had that been a favourable result we'd be just 4pts behind Exeter. Still, it's a crazy tight division as we are only 10pts from 4th and 12pts from 23rd. If there are those that believe we can go down then there is also an equal to slightly better chance of us getting in the POs, at current.  

In any case we're a mid table L2 side and that's likely where we will stay for now. Maybe a similar finish to last season (9th/10th), or maybe a bit lower than mid (16th). Essentially this is us bottoming out. We aren't so shit that we have "No hope, Bob Hope or Viv Hope". We will pick up the occasional win. Form says it all really;

We win, we lose, we draw. So we'll likely win v the Silks and be on emergency dial - 999.

The incoming of players really will define our season if it is to get better. Don't think it'll get worse. We've already seen flashes of it. We seem like a slightly shit version of an inconsistent MK Franchise from around 10 years ago. You just never knew which side would turn up. This is very much the current case for the Town.

It's never fucking easy is it.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:16:50 by bamboonoshoe » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:16:46 »

we need 5 more wins to confirm our league 2 status. Its going to be close we could drop further down the league to our lowest ever position. Sadly there's nothing that can be done unless the club is taken over. I do think we'll have another change of manager soonish as this help deflect from much deeper problems. Our director of football will be our nexxt caretaker manager.

On current form you'd expect another 6 wins before May, further add in some draws to make a Luke, and we should be OK.

Certainly playing to avoid the worst ever finish should be an aim for the season.... at the same stage in 83/84, we had 32 points, so we've still got that point to play with.  We won a further 7 that season, but 8 defeats rather than a a couple of extra draws confirmed our lowest ever finish.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:19:44 »

Made the effort to go to Northampton but the Jack Daniels fucked me today and fused myself to the sofa.

Don't really feel it was a bullet dodged strangely..

Once the first went in I feared the worst....we haven't got a goal in us at the moment.

Window open...but I'm expecting some underwhelming signings ...hopefully enough to keep us in the football league though.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:23:23 »

What should our transfer strategy be now.

Hopefully we've got enough in the squad to stay up, maybe!

So do we still spend to chase the (surely out of reach) playoffs. Or save the cash for next season?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:24:33 »

Pretty much as expected today, PV called it.  Well I remember the last time Exeter won at the CG in a league game.... a festive fixture 40 years ago.

I know people keep on about the mythic goalscorer, and it would be good to have one, but you don't actually need one to win games as Grecians showed today... they lost theirs and it made no difference.  What is more important is that goals are contributed from around the squad... defenders chippping in etc, that's as much if not more of the problem atm.

The Macc game becomes highly interesting, lose and we'll be back closer to the drop zone than PO's, still with a decent gap, but we do need to maintain that psychological edge that there are at least a handful of clubs, who are worse than us... and Macc would be one, and a chance to right the 100% losing record at Moss Rose.

My first Swindon game Reg...Boxing Day 79.

Clems Army!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:28:25 »

On current form you'd expect another 6 wins before May, further add in some draws to make a Luke, and we should be OK.

As I mentioned above, it's looking (pre transfer activity) like we may end up on a "perfect middle" of 15, 16, 15. That would give us 61pts. Unfortunately I don't think there is a TPPW season where 61pts has guaranteed POs  Wink Possibly 64pts somewhere but the 66pts find the other day was a surprise. Anyhow, even for the optimist in me, I'm realistic that 61pts would see us somewhere in the middle. If the table stays tight we could end up 9th/10th. If it slackens we may finish 16th. However the transfer activity could change that slightly.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
woolster

« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:50:29 »

We win, we lose, we draw. So we'll likely win v the Silks and be on emergency dial - 999.

more like we draw, we draw, we draw, we lose Smiley if we could have scored in the first half it could have been a different result as Exeter were average, 2nd half we looked shit, hopefully do some good business in Jan and build a squad for next season instead of leaving it until the end of July

« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 19:48:53 by woolster » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:58:37 »

To be fair to Iandolo, he isn’t a left back, just a second/third choice central midfielder, who hasn’t looked too bad on occasion in there from what little I’ve seen of him. If it wasn’t for the fact he has a left foot, I’m sure he’d be back at Maidstone and may well be there or thereabouts this time next year.

I don’t think it’s fair to judge Wellens until he has his own squad, or to be more accurate, a squad he wants - which means giving him some backing in the transfer market. If we don’t do that, we’ll just continue this slow, dreary, demise.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:58:43 »

Problem is we will not likely sign anyone for 4 weeks and deadline day anyway- then it will be the leftovers which is why we sit 14th in the basement division.

I honestly cannot believe how Lee Power is getting away with all this- under Seton Wills/Diamandis(yes he was a crook) our league position never sunk as low as it has now - and the fans rightly hounded then out.

Ask yourself this- Lee Power has no accountability to anyone- no other board members and the media are so scared of being banned they will not speak out.

We probably won’t get relegated this year- but if our league position continues to worsen we sure will be within a couple of seasons.

Where are the trust in all this- again in the days of Diamandis and even up to last year they were very vocal now the silence is deafening
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 19:20:36 »

My first Swindon game Reg...Boxing Day 79.

Did you drive to that one?  Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 19:49:57 »

I feel as pissed off as anyone with recent results and inconsistencies,  however, , the question is what is the defining factor ?,  not sure if I am correct but to me the answer is - Lee Power.     I am not one of those shouting for his head (yet), but he appears to be the common denominator.   Hated Flitcrofts style of play, but how can he be so different at Mansfield ?, 17 undefeated,  couldn't get fuck all right here.  As said on previous posts,  is Power pulling the strings ?, is he throwing his weight about behind the scenes,  has already shown what he is like,  banning members of the press when they say things he doesn't like.   We cannot afford to keep him if we wish this club to progress,  on the other hand,  we cannot afford to lose him. Don't know the answer,  but hope we can turn things around bloody soon.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 20:16:17 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Sir red ken

« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 19:59:20 »

I feel as pissed off as anyone with recent results and inconsistencies,  however, , the question is what is the defining factor ?,  not sure if I am correct but to me the answer is - Lee Power.     I am not one of those shouting for his head (yet), but he appears to be the common denominator.   Hated Browns style of play, but how can he be so different at Mansfield ?, 17 undefeated,  couldn't get fuck all right here.  As said on previous posts,  is Power pulling the strings ?, is he throwing his weight about behind the scenes,  has already shown what he is like,  banning members of the press when they say things he doesn't like.   We cannot afford to keep him if we wish this club to progress,  on the other hand,  we cannot afford to lose him. Don't know the answer,  but hope we can turn things around bloody soon.
Brilliant post and correct on every point
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 20:06:45 »

apart from the Brown one, obviously
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: