Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OI OI ITS A MATCHDAY THREAD - SUHWINDON TOWN VERSUS EXITER CITY  (Read 33103 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:17:35 »

Wellens PM highlights;

Alzate back fucked so he's gone.

Sounds like Woolf might be sent back. Maybe just in the heat of the moment of post match.

Agree with his honesty and hopes we've got some money as well as wheeling and dealing in the window.

Good luck to Alzate. Decent player there. However it's a freed up loan spot straightaway.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:21:02 »

Jak McCourt sounds half cut!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:31:32 »

Well, I thought we pressed well and controlled a reasonable amount of the game in the first half. At least up to their goal. Not that Exeter weren't a threat, especially with their pace up top.

The problem was we weren't creating much at all for all our effort. As Onemoredave pointed out on Twitter, we did employ the tactic of trying to chip it to our forward line quite a lot. No guile in attack.

Again the start of the second half we looked up for it, only for it to peter out into a disappointing non event. They added a second, we somehow wasted a 4 on 2, and Anderson couldn't hit the target unmarked from about 10 yards.

Richards got 45 minutes, but he may as well have stayed in Northampton. And I'm not blaming him, the service to him was largely piss poor.

So a shit return from Christmas. The squad is what it was when Brown left. Wellens has introduced a bit more energy and a more settled team. But the same problems exist and will do until we change personnel.

Sigh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:34:50 »

Was not in the box.

Right foot looks on the line, which is in the box. Tight. My first reaction was 'outside' too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:40:29 »

Well, I thought we pressed well and controlled a reasonable amount of the game in the first half. At least up to their goal. Not that Exeter weren't a threat, especially with their pace up top.

The problem was we weren't creating much at all for all our effort. As Onemoredave pointed out on Twitter, we did employ the tactic of trying to chip it to our forward line quite a lot. No guile in attack.
We looked OK in the first half until we got into the final 3rd (if you see what I mean) but not enough movement from the forwards so we never looked like creating chances. We were just crap in the second half. How many shots on target? 0 or close to?

Thought it was borderline at the time. I guess those kind of decisions are more difficult to call in the "Live moment" by the ref.
Although it would help if he managed to keep up with play. At all.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:41:08 »

That was our home form laid bare. Could have been any of the games this season - look good for 30 minutes, create not much, let a goal in. Second half - repeat and sigh.

Doughty did nothing, Anderson flatters to deceive, Woolery gets no service, Knoyle a bright spot, Bayo is better coming on as a sub, the rest are just about OK - nothing more.

Why I keep on deceiving myself things are getting better and turn up at the CG again, I’ll never know.

No more, though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:41:23 »

Pretty much as expected today, PV called it.  Well I remember the last time Exeter won at the CG in a league game.... a festive fixture 40 years ago.

I know people keep on about the mythic goalscorer, and it would be good to have one, but you don't actually need one to win games as Grecians showed today... they lost theirs and it made no difference.  What is more important is that goals are contributed from around the squad... defenders chippping in etc, that's as much if not more of the problem atm.

The Macc game becomes highly interesting, lose and we'll be back closer to the drop zone than PO's, still with a decent gap, but we do need to maintain that psychological edge that there are at least a handful of clubs, who are worse than us... and Macc would be one, and a chance to right the 100% losing record at Moss Rose.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:41:32 »

Richards got 45 minutes, but he may as well have stayed in Northampton. And I'm not blaming him, the service to him was largely piss poor.
Adebayo was unlucky to be taken off given the lack of service. His body language isn't great, but we seem to make exceptions for Doughty to be a stroppy tart...

They need to sort out a system and some players to fit it pretty soon

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:45:44 »

Adebayo was unlucky to be taken off given the lack of service.
He didn't get great service but he did little or fuck all with what he did get. Richards looked no more likely to score but at least he was prepared to press or chase down 50/50s, if Adebayo didn't get the ball straight to him he didn't look interested. I suspect he may be one of those in the category where Wellens was saying "Think they're better than they are and need to start getting their heads down and showing it in games" (paraphrase)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:46:36 »

Not read back
Lots of decent possession in the first half but no cutting edge.
Soft pen for them, what the fuck Vigs was doing passing to Nelson god only knows. Put your foot thru it ffs.
Only one result after that, despite Anderson's glaring miss.

Puts the bollox of play offs to bed hopefully, if we signed Man City we still wouldn't make it.

3 points out of 12 in the festive season  Suicide
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:46:46 »

That was just 90 minutes of full back knocking it down the line due to having no help in the midfield. It was turgid and dire, just as bad as the baddest times under brown

If I turn up at the county ground and Dion Conroy is lining up in midfield I’d be tempted to turn around and leave. He offers less than nothing in that position

McCourt needs to stop shooting every time he gets the fucking ball. I feel that might be one of the ‘not following instructions’ that Wellens was in about

However bad we were second half, Exeter looked very accomplished and should have scored more

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:52:40 »

Anderson flatters to deceive

He did one man of the match worthy piece of genius that may have gone unnoticed.

He was stood unmarked next to the touchline, just in their half, arms aloft for the ball. And threw his arms down in disgust when he didn't get it.

The ball was in our right back position, being pressed by Exeter and with most of the team between him and the ball. Beckenbauer would struggle with that pass.

Still, at least he puts in the effort even if the quality isn't there.
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:01:00 »

Will you two please fuck off and wank each other off in private?
you fuck off Techno Babble
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:03:26 by newmarket red » Logged
Sir red ken

« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:01:24 »

we need 5 more wins to confirm our league 2 status. Its going to be close we could drop further down the league to our lowest ever position. Sadly there's nothing that can be done unless the club is taken over. I do think we'll have another change of manager soonish as this help deflect from much deeper problems. Our director of football will be our nexxt caretaker manager.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:03:20 »

Piss poor, at least Wellens didn't try to gloss over the fact.  He kept saying we looked tired anda bit lazy.  Four games in 11 days, forgive me but didn't all the other clubs have the same problem. At least he was honest. Left back isa problem, Iandolo gave the worst performance in a Swindon shirt in a long time - and there has been a lot of bad ones. Couldn't find a red shirt with a pass or throw in in 60minutes of footy, just hit the ball aimlessly and hard. Nice to see the trolls out and about again.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: