Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield town vs Swindon town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 36590 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 20:32:32 »

I heard the Wellens comments on listen again. Think he's after someone who can get on the end of the crosses and a good finisher. For me JET comes to mind but he'd have to take a reality check on wages. He a free agent but imagine wage demand is his stumbling block. He's been without a club since leaving QPR in the Summer. Would be a coup indeed but i'm likely dreaming.
JET hasn’t played for ages. Apart from not being match fit he’s a lazy cnut so is almost certainly overweight too. No thanks.

Unless Power is willing to splash the cash for a striker (unlikely) it’ll be another young loanee - not what’s needed, tbh.

Getting Sid signed up on a perm would be a great signing. Feels like we’re writing off this season already with a view to next.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 20:42:28 »

When is it ever Bamboo? When is it ever?

The only season where we've mounted a late run at the PO's was last season Macari in 88/89. Then we were 34 points after about 25 in 16th spot, but 6 points off 6th, with a game in hand.  It required a run of W 12 D 6 L3 to get that last PO slot.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 20:44:18 »

When is it ever Bamboo? When is it ever?

Quite. Stranger things have happened at sea though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 20:52:52 »

Knobcroft

We have a winner!
Flashheart

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 21:01:13 »

Unless Power is willing to splash the cash for a striker (unlikely)

I would not be too surprised if he did. He's been willing to buy in the past.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 21:19:21 »

I would not be too surprised if he did. He's been willing to buy in the past.

Power's January transfer window history...

January 2015: John Swift (Chelsea, loan), Jermaine Hylton (Redditch, undisclosed)

January 2016: Michael Doughty (QPR, loan), Jamie Sendles-White (Hamilton, free)

January 2017: Ben Gladwin (QPR, loan), Charlie Colkett, Fankaty Dabo, Islam Feruz (Chelsea, loan), Dion Conroy (Chelsea, undisclosed), Nicky Ajose (Charlton, loan), Rohan Ince (Brighton, loan), Jesse Starkey (Brighton, free)

January 2018: Ollie Banks (Oldham, loan), Marc Richards (Northampton, free), Keshi Anderson (Crystal Palace, undisclosed), Stuart Moore (Barrow, free), Rollin Menayese (Bristol Rovers, loan)

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 21:23:47 »

January 2015: John Swift (Chelsea, loan), Jermaine Hylton (Redditch, undisclosed)

January 2017: Ben Gladwin (QPR, loan), Charlie Colkett, Fankaty Dabo, Islam Feruz (Chelsea, loan), Dion Conroy (Chelsea, undisclosed), Nicky Ajose (Charlton, loan), Rohan Ince (Brighton, loan), Jesse Starkey (Brighton, free)

January 2018: Ollie Banks (Oldham, loan), Marc Richards (Northampton, free), Keshi Anderson (Crystal Palace, undisclosed), Stuart Moore (Barrow, free), Rollin Menayese (Bristol Rovers, loan)

Flasher has been on the opiates, think he can be forgiven for not quite being in touch with reality.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 21:39:20 »

Stags fans saying Wellens got pissed off with some ‘banter, from their fans and he went into the crowd.

I’m warming to him.

They also said this

In the post match interview on 103.2, Bishop admitted that they didn't deal with the gale and difficult pitch well, and had to admit that a draw was fair. They are looking at a change of style for other games in similar conditions as it's quite likely from now on. He said that Swindon's 3 up front tactic worked well for them, but that Stags weren't entirely at the races.

I thought that Swindon had a great fitness level and kept their plan going almost to the end. Probably the most effective side we've played since Exeter.’

Being able to nullify a decent Mansfield side should form the basis of a club on the up.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 21:43:17 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Sir red ken

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 21:47:42 »

We have a winner!
Flapcroft.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 21:53:39 »

Being able to nullify a decent Mansfield side should form the basis of a club on the up.

Although the point is welcome, we're a long way from being able to say we're on the up..... the reality is that there's only been one season since Div 4 formed in 58, where we have been lower in the league at this time, 83/84.  That season we had the 3rd round and 4th round of the cup to look forward to, this season we went out to a Conference South side.

Wellens is to be commended for arresting the slide for now, but that's all it is atm.

Others who deserve commendation are the near on 500 who went to Field Mill, today, at least they had something to take back for their efforts.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 22:05:21 »

But surely, going from Smeeton’s Conference-bound team to Smeeton’s mid-table team is indicative of a team on the up!
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 22:07:53 »

JET hasn’t played for ages. Apart from not being match fit he’s a lazy cnut so is almost certainly overweight too. No thanks.

Unless Power is willing to splash the cash for a striker (unlikely) it’ll be another young loanee - not what’s needed, tbh.

Getting Sid signed up on a perm would be a great signing. Feels like we’re writing off this season already with a view to next.

1. The JET ref was partially tongue in cheek. He'd want too much per week anyway.

2. Not necessarily, already mentioned Alex Jones could be an experienced player to come on loan. 25 and out of favour at L1 Bradford.

3. Totally agree and would enable to free up a loan spot and get in someone like mentioned in point 2.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 22:21:39 »

Flapcroft.

Swipeleftcroft

I come from a land down-under
Flashheart

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 22:27:03 »

How very dare you challenge my musings with facts...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 22:51:06 »

just give alternative facts frequently until people believe them.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: