Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mansfield town vs Swindon town Official Match Day Thread  (Read 36700 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 17:49:48 »

Could have gone for Cockcroft.... Sir John of that name winning the Nobel Prize for Physics for his work with Ernest Walton on splitting the atom.  I guess that was a good thing to do...

...and yet you were always dedicated user of 'Flitters'.

Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 17:58:11 »

For me his two faced turncoat exodus after brazenly shouting about loyalty makes him suitable for any profanity + Croft you care to line up and some.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:00:13 »

For me his two faced turncoat exodus after brazenly shouting about loyalty makes him suitable for any profanity + Croft you care to line up and some.

Knobcroft

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:01:38 »

Doughty did his best to fall out with every Town player and lost interest in the game.

again?! I noticed this in both Woking and Chelt games. coming across as a right twat previous occasions. Team spirit has apparently been brilliant but who knows.

missed the entire game today. a point gained but not when we want to catching up. is it January yet? please.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:05:14 »

Read his post again, that’s the answer. Always cryptic.
He hinted at a result. He didn't give a score prediction.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:06:17 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge

cuntcroft can kiss my arse.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:07:22 »

Decent enough away point in and of itself but that's now a Williams win over the 3 Christmas games, not going to be enough going forward. Has anyone mentioned we could do with getting a goal scorer in?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:09:46 »

...and yet you were always dedicated user of 'Flitters'.

Smiley

Yes. I only raised Sir John as a counterpoint to the asinine efforts of the Flitcroft outers and haters.... similarly I used to point out that his record here wasn't so bad given the circumstances. As regards his move, I know I've left jobs for what I considered a better opportunity.... I guess the haters haven't.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:13:39 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:16:42 »

A handy point..... if we could string together a run of wins, then the recent 3 game Luke won't look so bad, in terms of looking upward..... OK we dropped a place to 14th, but it does keep the nice buffer to the drop zone, and gives Wellens something to build on.

Sir red ken

« Reply #174 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:19:48 »

Decent enough away point in and of itself but that's now a Williams win over the 3 Christmas games, not going to be enough going forward. Has anyone mentioned we could do with getting a goal scorer in?
We need 6 more wins to ensure div 2 football next season, that should see us reach the 50 plus points tally.
It would be nice to bag one of those wins over the Christmas period but our team doesn't have many goals in it.
Hard to know who would join us and start scoring those goals, most strikers who can take the chances are already signed.
There's not much in the January free transfer market.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:25:27 »

Same thing we've said all season; we need a striker.

Not everybody has said that as such... think it's more a case of we need more goals, the goals can come from anywhere.  So for example Newport have both Amond and Matt in the top Div 4 scorers list, with 18 between them but only have 3 more points than us.

In our current system, we need to see more goals from Woolery and Anderson.... if both of them could get to 10 by seasson's end that would go a long way towards a decent season.

Interestingly here's Wellens take.....

“I need help – I need goals in the squad for our structure, for our pressing and intensity, for our counter."

« Last Edit: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:39:08 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:37:20 »

The real winners today were Oldham and Grimsby. Many above dropped points like Exeter (v Grim City) and Stags.

Only Lincoln look like they want auto promotion and are the only team with a promotion form of just over 2.08 pts per game. After that only 6pts separates 8 teams, from MK Fakes in 2nd to Trannies in 9th. In the hunt for playoffs only 7pts separates 10 teams, from Bury in 5th to the Town in 14th. Vital we get our acquisitions right in January, as a few wins on the bounce and we can be in the mix not only for POs but for autos too, if we really want it.

We've dealt with 3 potential "banana skin" games quite well. 0-0 v our "bogey side" Chelt. 1-1 v Northampton. 0-0 v Stagnant Fritters. Whilst a win in there somewhere would've been pleasing, we could have come away from all of them with nothing. I think that is testament to how Wellens has set us up. All good points. Stick a poacher in there and they could all have been 1-0, 1-2, & 0-1 wins. Fine margins which would see us sat on top of Tranny, up the arse end of the Isle of Carl and only 2pts from Mansfield. This is why a striker (who can take those chances) is paramount to a season that ends with a minimum of POs.

Hopefully we can take it to Exeter at home in the New Year. We weren't far off beating Grimsby and were unlucky to lose. They beat Exeter today 1-3. Another difficult ask but we shouldn't be giving teams any respect in this division because we are more than capable of beating any of them. Just give us a goalscorer Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
hefty toe

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:51:22 »

Very pleased with Wellens thus far. Seems intelligent and has a clear idea as to how he wants to play. Nice to hear a manager talk about the game in an analytical way rather than the usual blather about 'desire' and 'pashion' etc.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:53:39 »

If Wellens/Jewell/Power get the transfer window right then the season is salvageable.

If.....
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 18:58:41 »

The real winners today were Oldham and Grimsby. Many above dropped points like Exeter (v Grim City) and Stags.

Only Lincoln look like they want auto promotion and are the only team with a promotion form of just over 2.08 pts per game. After that only 6pts separates 8 teams, from MK Fakes in 2nd to Trannies in 9th. In the hunt for playoffs only 7pts separates 10 teams, from Bury in 5th to the Town in 14th. Vital we get our acquisitions right in January, as a few wins on the bounce and we can be in the mix not only for POs but for autos too, if we really want it.

We've dealt with 3 potential "banana skin" games quite well. 0-0 v our "bogey side" Chelt. 1-1 v Northampton. 0-0 v Stagnant Fritters. Whilst a win in there somewhere would've been pleasing, we could have come away from all of them with nothing. I think that is testament to how Wellens has set us up. All good points. Stick a poacher in there and they could all have been 1-0, 1-2, & 0-1 wins. Fine margins which would see us sat on top of Tranny, up the arse end of the Isle of Carl and only 2pts from Mansfield. This is why a striker (who can take those chances) is paramount to a season that ends with a minimum of POs.

Hopefully we can take it to Exeter at home in the New Year. We weren't far off beating Grimsby and were unlucky to lose. They beat Exeter today 1-3. Another difficult ask but we shouldn't be giving teams any respect in this division because we are more than capable of beating any of them. Just give us a goalscorer Smiley

Beat the Grecians on NYD and we would have come through the Christmas period unbeaten. Before Browns departure you’d be forgiven for looking at those four fixtures in a less than optimistic way.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: