Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A couple of questions for the die hards.  (Read 3357 times)
Mother Brown

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:52:24 »

Tin hat on.
I have not attended games regularly since the early noughties but still follow the Town as it is my team, albeit on the radio.
Anyway Things seem to have taken a term for the worse lately imo.
Where did it all start going wrong.
Is it Lee Powers fault.
Keshi Anderson ,is he all that.
Did the Charlie Austin bobble really make a difference.
Nathan Thompson mmm.
Sorry for the ramblings but I could go on.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 17:54:54 »

Yes, it’s a Christmas film...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:00:27 »

My twopenneth, not asking for agreement:

The 5th minute v Preston at the playoff final. Well just after that. The club drew up the drawbridge and cut out the fans.

Is it Lee Powers fault.

Difficult one. Yes and no.

The way he runs the club as a closed shop, alienating fans and generally being a dick. Yes.
Is running a club to break even budget a bad thing though? No not really. But this is the result.
He's got unlucky with the last 2 managers, but we are doing worse than we should be satisfied with.
Transfer dealings have been dire recently. A dollar short and a day late.
Are we really financially stable? Who knows.
Think he has to go before we will pick up as a club. He's sucked the life out of it

Has he ever been? Average div 4 footballer who puts in effort but is limited.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:05:36 »

My twopenneth, not asking for agreement:

The 5th minute v Preston at the playoff final. Well just after that. The club drew up the drawbridge and cut out the fans.

Is it Lee Powers fault.

Difficult one. Yes and no.

The way he runs the club as a closed shop, alienating fans and generally being a dick. Yes.
Is running a club to break even budget a bad thing though? No not really. But this is the result.
He's got unlucky with the last 2 managers, but we are doing worse than we should be satisfied with.
Transfer dealings have been dire recently. A dollar short and a day late.
Are we really financially stable? Who knows.
Think he has to go before we will pick up as a club. He's sucked the life out of it

Has he ever been? Average div 4 footballer who puts in effort but is limited.

Fell apart before Wembley, limped into the play offs.

The rest sounds about right
Sir red ken

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:12:29 »

For me there was a point where it all went wrong and that was when Matt ritchie was sold for peanuts. we just fell apart after. nailed on for the championship up till then.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:22:21 »

For me there was a point where it all went wrong and that was when Matt ritchie was sold for peanuts. we just fell apart after. nailed on for the championship up till then.

Selling Duncan Shearer. Before that, appointing Dave McKay before that ask Paul Ploughman he’s the one who writes about STFC history, he is after all Mr. Swindon Town. (Don’t fuck about with my posts Smeeton, it’s not all about you).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 20:30:08 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:42:04 »

We were in a transfer embargo, admin was looming via a winding up order and Black had pulled the plug. When admin looms you don't fuck about, you sell an available asset and the value isn't really consider as long as it covers the bill.

In short - You don't fuck about unless you want to get your fingers burnt.

I thought you'd know all about that, being a man of apparent skillful arbitrage.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Sir red ken

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 18:43:31 »

Selling Duncan Shearer. Before that, appointing Dave McKay before that ask Paul Reg.
Yeah they were fucking stupid decissions which badly effected the club but we came back from them.
The MR & PDC debarcle has seen us stop advancing, then stagnate, followed by a long steady decline.
Unless there's a shock to the system,root and branch change, our current trajectory will send us non league.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 20:38:40 »

What role did Cliff Puffett play at STFC.?
Was he ever the chairman or director.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 20:44:07 »

Yeah they were fucking stupid decissions which badly effected the club but we came back from them.
The MR & PDC debarcle has seen us stop advancing, then stagnate, followed by a long steady decline.
Unless there's a shock to the system,root and branch change, our current trajectory will send us non league.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Power move on once the CG has been bought and his training facility is up and running (which he will lease to the club) because the club has to move up the league to make money. That will take more money from his pocket to achieve, does anyone believe he has that money? Selling his share of the ground once acquired at a profit is as good a reason as any. Again the development of the CG worries me because that is likely to be with borrowed money, though it could come via Clem’s company? If so they would hold the deeds like any other loan taken out on a freehold propert until it is paid. If the ground is not developed in such a way to provide year round revenue we are no further forward than at present.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 1, 2019, 21:19:24 »

I can see power being here for a while and the club continues downwards. The training ground apoears to be subject to houses and stables. So, first of all it has to get the go ahead. No planning permission, no training ground but power not stfc owns land. I'm sure he could come up with other money making ways from it. If permission given I can see him building the houses and stables and then trying to extend the permission for more housing.
Then we have the ground. I can see this dragging on and the trust would be dumb to believe anything he says.
The one thing that is clear is that power does not give much of a fuck about the team. Anyone who could guide us through the dumbest most self inflicted relegation is a cunt. Just keep it ticking over and hope the loyals keep handing the cash over.
In essence, I do not trust the fucker one bit. All he's got going for him is a very loyal fan base and he's the only gig in town. I can't see him giving up potential money pots easily.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: