Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tooth Extraction  (Read 3176 times)
Flashheart

« on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 08:11:35 »

Thought I'd start a nice, festive thread for the season.

I have an appointment with a dentist on Saturday, which is quite likely going to result in having at least one tooth surgically removed. I also want to go out on the piss 2 days later on New Year's Eve, though. How long would it realistically take before I can go out and sink a few bevvies?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 08:28:25 »

Well.. realistically, it would depend on how the extraction goes insomuch as, if you are given antibiotics to take to reduce the risk of infection. I'd imagine you'll be put on short term pain killers too, but it would depend on the strength of those.

I wouldn't risk it if you are on antibiotics, in fact I wouldn't risk it if you're on any of those options...

Orrrrrr, you can just get absolutely cunted, not take your pills and naturally forget about the pain.. I'm sure any medical professional would advise you of this option.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 08:47:27 »

Taking antibiotics and not drinking is a fallacy. There is absolutely no reason not to.

‘In fact, the majority of the most commonly prescribed antibiotics are not affected by alcohol. There are some exceptions. The antibiotic cephalosporin cefotetan slows alcohol breakdown, leading to a rise in levels of a substance called acetaldehyde. This can cause a host of unpleasant symptoms including nausea, vomiting, facial flushing, headache, breathlessness and chest pain. Similar symptoms are caused by a drug called disulfiram, sometimes used in the treatment for alcohol dependency. The idea is that the moment a patient has a drink, they experience these unpleasant symptoms, and this dissuades them from drinking more. The symptoms are unpleasant, so it is important that people abstain from alcohol while they’re taking these particular antibiotics, and for a few days afterwards.’

Painkillers are another matter, though.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 09:17:54 »

Taking antibiotics and not drinking is a fallacy. There is absolutely no reason not to.

Indeed. Painkillers (nurofen) are also fine with alcohol provided it isn't long term. (I checked).

I'm thinking more along the lines of pain when drinking, and the chances of harming the wound.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 09:41:52 »

You should be fine according to NHS England

‘Don’t drink alcohol for at least 24 hours and don’t smoke for as long as possible, but at least for the rest of the day.’
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 09:52:44 »

Fucking WAHEY!!!

That'll do me.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 10:27:20 »

Painkillers are another matter, though.

Can vouch for this - had a hernia op a few days before meeting some of you lot and going to a Swindon match (Wycombe, maybe in the cup I think, Mooney played for them perhaps).

Was on painkillers and drunk Stella. Got home and had an argument with my Dad (we never argue), then punched a hole through a wall which we've covered up with a picture.

I threw a pint glass onto our kitchen floor too.

I was mental that night! Wasn't even fun crazy.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 11:38:45 »

The only thing with drinking is that it will take the wound longer to heal.

Had a tooth out years ago and it's a weird feeling for a couple of weeks but completely bearable so you'll be fine.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 12:01:46 »

Alcohol is widely used as a disinfectant and antiseptic.

If anything, it'll just help.

(Note: I'm not a doctor and don't pretend to be one on the internet)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 12:06:22 »

Got a wisdom tooth half broken, dentist in January. Happy new year  Smiley
Hope he'll just fill it.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 27, 2018, 12:51:58 »

neat spirits will clean and disinfect the wound.
Flashheart

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 08:08:40 »

Had 3 of the fuckers out, which was fun. The novocaine is starting to wear off now, which is even better.

They were able to pull them out though, which is good (not sarcastic). I thought they would have to do it surgically. This means I'm definitely getting fucking hammered on Monday.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, December 29, 2018, 09:31:14 »

I puked for the first time in years yesterday after an afternoon Guinness sesh with my brother - rounded off with B&C.

Old enough to know better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: