Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 28541 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 15:27:07 »

If Wellens can keep us performing at home n the league, you can set these types of outcomes aside.  A real lottery with the weather, pretty good overall performance.  Certainly had a better feel than some earlier season losses might have had.
A rare week off for a certain Mr Taylor! You must be feeling festive Rob...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 17:04:13 »

Plowmans brother.....

Still tedious & wrong
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 17:05:50 »

Still tedious & wrong
At least he's consistent!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 18:07:50 »

A rare week off for a certain Mr Taylor! You must be feeling festive Rob...

He did ok.  You can see why Managers pick him based on his quick talk to pretty much every player after he scored.  He is still an ineffective holding midfielder but you show horn him in due to his experience and set pieces in those conditions.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:07:20 »

LV did well to get a hand to the penalty but for the 3rd league game in a row, the ball has hit his hand(s) and still gone in. How is that possible? I'm starting to get this irritated feeling with Vigs, he's obviously very capable and his distribution is unreal for a 4th tier goalie it's just... I swear he can't really save anything? I don't feel confident when I know a shot is coming.
Flashheart

« Reply #140 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:10:30 »

I'm losing confidence in vigs as well.

There seems to be a lot of borderline cases where it's debatable whether or not he could have done better. Almost a weekly occurrence, it seems.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:12:40 »

LV did well to get a hand to the penalty but for the 3rd league game in a row, the ball has hit his hand(s) and still gone in. How is that possible? I'm starting to get this irritated feeling with Vigs, he's obviously very capable and his distribution is unreal for a 4th tier goalie it's just... I swear he can't really save anything? I don't feel confident when I know a shot is coming.

A League Two Claudio Bravo?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:24:21 »

I swear he can't really save anything?

That a tad unfair, he has made a fair few very good saves this season. But it is undeniable there have been a fair few "could have done better there" moments. At least, to the untrained eye.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:49:42 »

That a tad unfair, he has made a fair few very good saves this season. But it is undeniable there have been a fair few "could have done better there" moments. At least, to the untrained eye.

I don't think Vigs has been especially bad this season, all keepers make those "he'll be disappointed with that" type of error.

But he hasn't been especially good, you expect a good keeper to have the odd game where you can remember a great save which probably got you the points.

We've had better keepers than Vigs who've thrown some in at Blundell Park..... in fact only 2 Town custodians have claimed a clean sheet there, Nicky Hammond in 92 and Sammy Burton in 61. Nicky's got a nice 0-0 draw and Sammy's a 1-0 win courtesy of a Ralph Hunt goal
« Last Edit: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:59:07 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 10:53:44 »

He's always struck me as a keeper who thrives on being busy. If shots are flying in from all angles, he'll keep them out. If there's just the odd one or two, he'll let them in. He's a bit of an oddity, and probably gets bored, but that's no excuse. Although his handling of crosses has improved, I agree that he's gone downhill overall, and needs to step up.

The good news is that we have a credible number 2. McCormick started well - and it's easy enough for him at the CG with about 100 away fans tucked away down the side of the pitch - but I was concerned that the Exeter game really seemed to get to him and throw him off track. Frankly, if he can't cope with stick from the stands, he's got to stop playing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 11:02:54 »

Yep. I came to this conclusion a couple of weeks ago. He has too many ‘nearly’ saves for it to be a coincidence

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #146 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 11:06:22 »

I have been shouted down several times in the past about my lack of confidence with Vigs in goal.

No matter what you think of what he has done I think McCormick is a far better keeper all round than Vigs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
REDBUCK

« Reply #147 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 11:23:15 »

We've had better keepers than Vigs who've thrown some in at Blundell Park.....

WTF!!!!!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 11:38:03 »

WTF!!!!!!

You realise thrown some in is a metaphor for keeper error....  I'm sure you'd agree that Fraser Digby was a better keeper than Vigs.... look at this one, after we've scored one of the great STFC goals, Fraser's error is something straight out of the Vigs school. As I said they all do it and always have done,

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19930125
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, December 17, 2018, 11:58:34 »

Whereas I would happily see McCormick picked for the next 1 or 2, I would definitely revert to Vigs for Mansfield. Partly because McCormick might struggle in front of that big home end, but mainly because Vigs would be bang up for it.

In fairness to Brown, one of the few things that he got right was keepers. He dropped Vigs at the right time, but brought him back for the Mansfield game, safe in the knowledge that he would be pumped up against that filthy gobshite Flitcroft. He was excellent.

It's a sign of what he's capable of when he's fully focused. That's one for Wellens / Mildenhall to work on.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: