Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grimsby v Swindon official match day thread  (Read 28540 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 10:47:05 »

Weather good then  Smiley

Are any of them called Nobby?

I'm afraid to ask!

Was going to walk to the ground along the path by the estuary.
No chance of that.

Saw on the way in that Blundell Park has some proper floodlight pylons poking up into the overcast sky.
Never really noticed that before and its also apparent that Cleethorpes looks a lot better at night.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 10:50:31 »

I have to ask what time did you get up this morning to be there before 10?
Flashheart

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 10:51:34 »

Will take a point.

4 league wins on the trot would be marvellous, though.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 10:55:54 »

No Anderson for a while - hamstring. Hopefully Woolery doesn’t break down again in the meantime.

Good indicator of our credentials today. Avoid defeat would be a booster.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:14:11 »

I have to ask what time did you get up this morning to be there before 10?

Have been staying in London for a few days, so took 6.30 out of Kings Cross, change at Doncaster.
Set alarm for 4am.
All good fun. Sometimes.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:14:40 »

Grimsbys current form is been DWLLLWWDL and their home form this season so far is LDLLLWDWWW.

Against Grimsby we have only 4 wins in the past 13 games, in 22 games at Grimsby we have lost 14 and only won 4 times scoring 21 and conceding 38 times.
Since 1968 our record up on the coast has been LLLLLDLDLLLWLL with only the 1 win in 14 games and that came in 2003.
In the words of Reg, too many variables with weather, team selection etc to reliably call this, our record there is frankly terrible in the last 50 years with just the single win.

Imponderables, which are more my thing, aren't quite the same as variables. Imponderables sprung up v Carlisle at the CG.... these are factors, we can't really see how thye'll impact in advance due to the unusual circumstances.  In the Carlisle case the imponderables caused an unusual scoreline.

We know much more about how this one looks, so a win would be a surprise. The interesting imnponderable is this is Wellens, only second away game, could the style of play he's trying to inculcate actually work and be effective at Blundell Park when so many other decent Town sides have tried and failed?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:44:44 »

Will take a point.

4 league wins on the trot would be marvellous, though.

Luke got 4 wins in a row, not long after Lingy quit, and he got the job.  As we've seen string a few together and you look up. Same happened that season we got to March with a sniff of the PO's having been in trouble when Cooper was sacked.

We had a televised game v Wigan and got stuffed.... it was downhill for Luke and us from then on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:48:06 »

I'll be happy to with a draw.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:49:24 »

Imponderables, which are more my thing, aren't quite the same as variables. Imponderables sprung up v Carlisle at the CG.... these are factors, we can't really see how thye'll impact in advance due to the unusual circumstances.  In the Carlisle case the imponderables caused an unusual scoreline.

We know much more about how this one looks, so a win would be a surprise. The interesting imnponderable is this is Wellens, only second away game, could the style of play he's trying to inculcate actually work and be effective at Blundell Park when so many other decent Town sides have tried and failed?

Grimsby are in a right relegation battle though. and they are playing a team 5th in the form table compared to 15th.

last match the away team beat a team in the playoffs. last match the home team lost to Cheltenham.

interesting that their home form is the exact match to our away form. if you removed the name swindon from the fixture and just looked at it as team A vs team B. Team B winning wouldnt be much of a suprise as you suggest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:50:22 »

Imponderables, which are more my thing, aren't quite the same as variables. Imponderables sprung up v Carlisle at the CG.... these are factors, we can't really see how thye'll impact in advance due to the unusual circumstances.  In the Carlisle case the imponderables caused an unusual scoreline.
How about imponderable variables? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:51:05 »

I'll be happy to with a draw.
I think almost every Town fan would be TBH, difficult place to visit at any time, even worse with our awful record up there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:58:46 »

How about imponderable variables? Cheesy

They are pesky blighters that's for sure.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 12:30:22 »

Where are people drinking today?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 12:34:34 »

Coffee

Never knowingly overstated.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 12:42:24 »

I’m on my sofa. I’ll crack open a bottle of something later.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: