Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Newport County FC  (Read 47411 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 13:13:58 »

I blame the coriolis effect of the town centre
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 18:33:26 »

Huge win against the odds, although it is important we don’t get too carried away - it was only recently that the majority on here considered we were mired in a relegation dogfight. To be afforded some breathing space is welcome considering who our next two opponents are....Grimsby, the sort of norvern outpost where even our decent sides have struggled and ‘Num....enough said.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 19:02:22 »

Huge win against the odds, although it is important we don’t get too carried away - it was only recently that the majority on here considered we were mired in a relegation dogfight. To be afforded some breathing space is welcome considering who our next two opponents are....Grimsby, the sort of norvern outpost where even our decent sides have struggled and ‘Num....enough said.
Do you not bore yourself?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 19:02:27 »

TBF, I think the most recent concern was losing to a sub Conference outfit at the CG in the Cup. That being the first time we'd lost to an outfit at that level since Tooting and Mitcham in 76.  That was a funny old thing... we'd won at Hendon in the 2nd Round, gone 2 up at the CG in 10 minutes, and rather than the expected avalanche, sat back and conceded 2 in the last 2 mins, before losing the replay. in Tooting.

Still a decent win v Newport has put such Cup nightmares to bed for another year. 

Grimsby will be very difficult they stuck 5 on Tranny in their last home league game, and beat Crawley and ColU in the 2 previous.  The salt air and cold winds blowing in off the North Sea or associated estuaries, seem to play havoc with our boys.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 19:15:24 »

Quote from: Dr Pierre Chang

Are you being Chang, or shit Reg  now? It's hard to tell
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 19:54:31 »

To be fair to Chang it's pretty obvious he's on a massive wind-up Reg campaign and he's pretty much got him to a T there.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 19:59:45 »

Reg has two log ins  Huh?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 20:01:16 »

Do we reckon Wellens may have decided that Doughty and Alzate can’t both start/play?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 20:08:27 »

Do we reckon Wellens may have decided that Doughty and Alzate can’t both start/play?
Considering our best performance of the season had them both starting, I’d be surprised if that was the case. I think Saturday was more down to the conditions, someone like Dunne is better suited to a scrappy game with the wind etc, than Alzate would be.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 20:58:53 »

Are you being Chang, or shit Reg  now? It's hard to tell
You shouldn't call it shit Reg, it's a brilliant impersonation, topped off with Reg replying to try & insinuate that it's gone over his head & he isn't having the piss taken out of him.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 08:06:08 »

Considering our best performance of the season had them both starting, I’d be surprised if that was the case. I think Saturday was more down to the conditions, someone like Dunne is better suited to a scrappy game with the wind etc, than Alzate would be.

Agreed. We ripped Stevenage a new one in the first half with both of them on the pitch, and I expect that to be repeated against some other teams. But Saturday clearly wasn't a day to pass Newport off the park.

Alzate was well off the boil against Woking (not alone, I know), which might also have influenced things.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, December 11, 2018, 11:27:31 »

Wellens obviously did his research on both and realised that Stevenage like to pass the ball about so it would be better to have the two decent ball players in midfield whereas Newport are a kick and chase type of team where someone like Dunne would be better suited.

I'm not sure if I'm being too kind to him but it is refreshing to actually see some kind of obvious tactical decisions being made rather than whatever the hell it was Brown was doing.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 15:57:37 »

Further to the piece about the elements perhaps being an issue when our boys get near the North Sea.... forecast for Scotland and the north tomorrow is ice and snow.  Although Humberside may just be on the southern edge, I wonder if the match is in doubt  Hmmm

Hopefully not.... but I'd  imagine a few of ours might be in gloves, if it is played.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 19:27:22 »

Strong winds and sleet, above freezing though so should just be a mess, like last weekend.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, December 14, 2018, 20:06:25 »

Strong winds and sleet, above freezing though so should just be a mess, like last weekend.

Well we'll win then, going by what the Newts said was our strategic advantage.  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: