Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC V Newport County FC  (Read 47499 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 08:51:33 »

Newport isn't even a county.  (Or Stockport, for that matter.)  What's going on there?
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 08:53:38 »

A win would be nice, but our opponents are doing well themselves so a point won't be a terrible result.

I think we will not be hearing from processed beats et al today.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 09:21:47 »

Newport isn't even a county.  (Or Stockport, for that matter.)  What's going on there?

Looking at my facsimile map of Monmouthshire dated 1837... it was considered a part of England, stating that up until the reign of Charles II, it was considered Wales, but since The Restoration has been considered English. Further it says that the people mainly speak Welsh, but that English is becoming more widely spoken.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 09:36:14 »

Let`s be confident of a result based on nothing but sheer hope that new man in charge can inspire the current bunch to grinding out a win - realistically a draw is the more likely....1-1

Bathtime
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 09:42:54 »

Can see a win here - no reason why not. They’ve shipped more goals than us so we should at least score.

The back 4 looks pretty settled now and Doughty sure improves things going forward. I’ll chance a 3-1 in front of 6445, of which 698 hairy arsed Taffs.

At last some news on Dave - out until the New Year. Still something not right there - just a feeling.
Re Diagouraga I agree. Get the feeling he could leave in Jan. RW has said he would like to bring in a holding midfielder. TD is about as good as you'll get in that role at this level. When you add Dunne & McCourt into the mix we are well stocked in that position. Makes me feel as though an exit could be on the cards for TD. Hope I'm wrong as I think he could be crucial in the 2nd half of the season.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 09:43:30 »

A better game to watch than the one last season would be good.

I'm assuming that they are still very direct and will have a few big lumps playing.
Better for us if they are open. Not so good if they are more cautious.
Regardless of how they play, we need to move it around a lot quicker than last Sunday.

Haven't lost consecutive home league games to this lot since 1955.  Eek

Having a row almost to myself in the DRS is preferable to getting jostled by Christmas shoppers in town I guess.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 09:50:30 »

1-0 home win today to make it three wins in a row in the league.

And i agreed with Wobbly Bob, the home game last season was awful (and freezing which made it even worse); should be a better game/performance today
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 10:02:23 »

A better game to watch than the one last season would be good.

I'm assuming that they are still very direct and will have a few big lumps playing.
Better for us if they are open. Not so good if they are more cautious.
Regardless of how they play, we need to move it around a lot quicker than last Sunday.

Haven't lost consecutive home league games to this lot since 1955.  Eek

Having a row almost to myself in the DRS is preferable to getting jostled by Christmas shoppers in town I guess.

This is the problem... Newport do look a bit higher than what they should be, so it gives us a chance, but they are as you describe, very old skool... a bit like Woking.  An early goal could work wonders, but the longer it goes without, the more inevitable, a scramble from a corner or similar will go against us.

Having a row to yourself in the DRS is OK... means you don't have to keep getting up and down to let people in, or get them to get up and down when going for pee.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 10:05:43 »

Newport have a striker on loan from Bristol Shitty called Antoine Semenyo who is interesting Man Utd.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-transfers-antoine-semenyo-2303931

Newport are hard to call, sometimes they are very good sometimes awful, they have beaten Colchester and Oldham and put 4 past Cambridge (twice) but have also lost 6-0 at home to Yeovil and 4-1 at Crawley.

They have 3 more wins than us so far and sit 8 places higher in the league than us with 8 more points than us.

Their last 5 games have been DLWLW.

They have 2 strikers banging in most of their goals with Jamille Matt on 10 goals and Padraig Amond on 9 goals.

I genuinely don't know how this will pan out at all today.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring a crowd of 6,274 with 667 sheep shaggers there.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 10:59:22 »

Assuming that everyone is fully fit, here's how I'd like to see us go today... frustrating that the team was mixed up for the visit of Woking, back to full strength today.

Vigouroux

Knoyle
Iandolo
Nelson
Woolfenden

Dunne/McCourt (I'm easy - very similar standard of DM)
Doughty
Alzate

Anderson
Twine
Adebayo

That would be my choice, looks strong on paper

ust be the oldest
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 11:04:58 »

Draw 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 11:18:30 »

Newport have a striker on loan from Bristol Shitty called Antoine Semenyo who is interesting Man Utd.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-transfers-antoine-semenyo-2303931

Newport are hard to call, sometimes they are very good sometimes awful, they have beaten Colchester and Oldham and put 4 past Cambridge (twice) but have also lost 6-0 at home to Yeovil and 4-1 at Crawley.

They have 3 more wins than us so far and sit 8 places higher in the league than us with 8 more points than us.

Their last 5 games have been DLWLW.

They have 2 strikers banging in most of their goals with Jamille Matt on 10 goals and Padraig Amond on 9 goals.

I genuinely don't know how this will pan out at all today.

2-1 defeat with Anderson scoring a crowd of 6,274 with 667 sheep shaggers there.
Make that 668 with me!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Combe Up

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 11:28:05 »

The neighbour of the beast
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 12:46:37 »

Heavy police presence around the CG so expecting a fair few taffs.
Draw for me. 2 all

Can we score 2  Hmmm
Combe Up

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, December 8, 2018, 12:55:16 »

There's an explanation in their Wikipedia entry which I cannot see corrobated on their OS. Therefore it might be a wind up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: